Hi all!

I am a long time unregistered lurker, short term registered lurker and shorter term un-introduced non-lurker. I was introduced to Lego in 1980 with the set 722 when I was 5 and the interest grew from there. My next set was 733, 740, 744... My only major city set at that time was the 6392 Airport (yes the number was from memory) so most of my constructions were large (multicoloured) aircraft. I wish that digital cameras were around then as I have no photos of my work as a child. (I recall that they were impressive and accurate, but there is a very good chance they were horrid.) I didn't add to my Lego much for years although I kept using it occasionally until I joined the Royal Australian Navy. At that point madness struck me and I gave it all away to my nephew.

In 1998 my regret got to me and I wanted it back. I offered a new Playstation as a trade and he accepted. While most of it was still there, to my horror many of the larger pieces, especially the baseplates, were deliberately broken to form smaller parts. I still harbor grumpy thoughts over this! Due to potential embarrassment of telling my wife I wanted to play with Lego it was largely ignored for a few years, and the only addition for a while was a few discounted Bionicles. My only construction during this time was.... a Lego breast pump for my wife! It worked but it was noisy so it was never used. Since it was just a lame excuse to play with Lego I didn't really care. During this time I saw but didn't buy several excellent Lego deals; including a half price Cloud City. I still regret that one.

The first sets that I bought new and undiscounted were the large Knights Kingdom figures. I can't really explain why, but at the time I thought they were incredible. However, the set that brought me out of the Dark Ages was the 7249 crane. I love cranes and to see a mini-fig crane that was scaled more accurately was too much. My wife found it a bit odd, but she got over it probably as she saw it as an end, not a start. I modified it a bit, made a truck for it, and even gave it a page on my website.

http://www.sinnercomputing.com/7249.htm

The next time the urge hit me was, believe it or not, when I saw a discount 7075. Yes, I am aware that this set is generally hated, but much of it I liked, especially the monkey. At this point I announced my interest in buying Lego more regularly and I have not look back since. (Gee my wife is tolerant!) I modified it...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=233522

...to be mini-fig based (and gave the pirates to my kids). I have modified it much since and I think it is starting to look. (I still haven't decided on sails yet; I have given up on the ones I used in the photos though.)

History aside, my interest in Lego is quite broad. I like city, castle, vikings, technic, Star Wars, trains etc... Due to time reasons I do more modding than MOCing, but I love making spaceships. My only decent size one is a ship I called Impartial...

acover.jpg

http://www.sinnercomputing.com/impartial.htm

I am however one of those annoying people who prefers ships to be more realistic, hence the thrusters, retro engines and the airlock. It has changed since that picture. Currently I am sorting my bricks while working on a ship that looks like a dragon.

Well that's enough from me!

Brickshelf

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Sinner

Welcome Sinner! (any reason in particular for chosing that name?)

Quite an introductory story to begin your Eurobricks carreer with I must say, but nice to know something about our new users.

What a great idea to claim back your Legocollection! Mostly when Lego is sold/given to somebody else it's gone, but you have been really lucky.

You have actually made the first version of the 7075 ship that I truely like, it shows that one can even make something nice with the 4+ Piratesets. Great achievement!

Enjoy your time here.

Any reason in particular for chosing that name?

No exciting reason. Early in Recruit School for the Royal Australia Navy I stuffed up and saluted the OIC (Officer In Charge, i.e. The Boss) with my left hand. (For non military types this is wrong.) He shouted at me, "You Sinner!" before going off on some silly tirade about the history of saluting. This would have all been annoying as it was, but to make it worse the whole of Recruit School was there in formation. (About 500 people.) Thus I was/am called Sinner and I tend to use it more often than not as a screen name.

Thanks for looking at my 7075 rebuild. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't float anymore...

Hello and welcome! :-)

golfersdream-2006.03.30-10.56.49.jpg

I never thought that I would see a propper pirate ship with those parts.... well done!

And your Jury Class fighter.... very nice, with a real good background story. *y*

Hi sinner Andrew!

Welcome to the warm place of Eurobricks.

I

Welcome Sinner to EuroBricks!

You have some impressive MOCs in your folder.

The pirate ship is very well done with with the 4+ parts.

Enjoy your stay :-) .

Salutations, Sinner. I like the blue spaceship, along with all of the details you put into it. I kind of wish I had gotten the Red Beard ship or the Hairy Potter ship to see what the new hulls are like.

I also would like to say welcome to EB Sinner. Your MOC's were very impressive and deserve two *y* up. I hope you enjoy it here and Model On.

A very late welcome!

All the best and God Bless,

Nathan

Oops, I was late, 8-| :-D

Hello and welcome to eurobricks :-)

Welcome to EB, Sinner!

A Lego breast pump, eh? Sounds uncomfortable, but it's definitely the most humorous use of Lego I've ever heard of :-D

Your creations all look nice! You may want to take a look at some SNOT techniques for your space creations, they allow for more natural designs.

I hope you'll enjoy this forum!

Hi! My name is Siegfried and I'll try my best to be a good member and maybe even end up on staff! :wacko:

......er.......

Getting back to reality, I've bumped this topic as a vague explanation as to my name change as I'm getting too many PMs over it. In short, the whole "Sinner" thing has become an embarrassment and I feel like a doofus using it. It all made sense when I was in the navy as I was called "Sinner" there by a few old friends. But they knew the context and unless I explain it over-and-over again the name gives the wrong impression. I think it makes me look like an internet tough guy, and that was never the intention.

When I signed up here I never planned to post here much. I just thought I'd make a few posts, get to know a few people, and post a MOC occasionally... things didn't go to plan. :tongue: I think my logic was that it matched my Brickshelf account that way. While Siegfried is not my real name, it is my preferred real name and I use it on most forums as well. I don't like my real name (Andrew) and not many people use it for that reason. My wife calls me "Sieggy" these days! Why Siegfried? Many reasons... and no "Siegfried & Roy" is not one of them. It's been one of my favourite names for years, but I suspect that my interest in the Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur series could be a major factor... :blush:

So there you are. Oh, before anyone asks, I'm only going to give name changes to people with 9000+ posts... :wink:

Welcome at Eurobricks Siegfried! :pir_laugh2:

So there you are. Oh, before anyone asks, I'm only going to give name changes to people with 9000+ posts... :wink:

Took you long enough to get there. :grin:

Welcome to this wonderful community that we call Eurobricks! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here, Siegfired!

When I signed up here I never planned to post here much. I just thought I'd make a few posts, get to know a few people, and post a MOC occasionally... things didn't go to plan.

Yeah... I know how you feel :wink: I didn't think about my username either :sadnew:

Woo! Only 7,950 to go!

So we're allowed to call you Sieggy? Is that pronounced differently to Siggy? How about Sigs? Does this mean the whole 'everyone's a CopMike' thing was merely an elaborate ruse to sneak in a *real* name change while everyone was still confused? :oh3::grin:

On a serious note... you could just change your name legally, you know. I did it in a back alley of Chinatown for $90 about a decade ago (that sounds dodgy, but it wasn't!). Once you change all the paperwork (licence, bank details, utilities bills etc) you'll probably soon forget that strange 'Andrew' person ever existed.

Hello Siegfried aka Sinner. It's going to be a little adjustment in my addressing for me. :tongue:

Let me give you a big welcome to our friendly walrus.

So we're allowed to call you Sieggy? Is that pronounced differently to Siggy? How about Sigs?

Sieggy is cool, but not Sigs. :tongue: (It's said the same way as Siggy.)

Does this mean the whole 'everyone's a CopMike' thing was merely an elaborate ruse to sneak in a *real* name change while everyone was still confused? :oh3::grin:

No, but it was a darn good excuse!

On a serious note... you could just change your name legally, you know.

I'd like to but I think my Mum would cry. My Dad wanted to call me Dennis, but she fought for Andrew and loves to releate the story...

Yeah... I know how you feel :wink: I didn't think about my username either :sadnew:

There is one exception... capitalization. If you wanted to be Svelte_Corps, we'd do that. We'll capitalize anyone if they ask nicely.

....While Siegfried is not my real name, it is my preferred real name and I use it on most forums as well. I don't like my real name (Andrew) and not many people use it for that reason. My wife calls me "Sieggy" these days!

Welcome Siegfried! :wink:

I also share the affliction of being given a name by my parentals that I cannot stand :sick: and prefer not to use. Iz or Izzy is NOT my given name but is my preferred name also.

Names changes on! :thumbup:

-IZ

Eurobricks Tip of the Day: Choose a good username/nick that represent your truth self, without much funny characters and meanings in it. :classic:

Eurobricks Tip of the Day: Choose a good username/nick that represent your truth self, without much funny characters and meanings in it. :classic:

Maybe we should put that on the signup page? :wink:

I'd like to but I think my Mum would cry. My Dad wanted to call me Dennis, but she fought for Andrew and loves to releate the story...

Yes - often parents are the ones most likely to object.

I always think you should give your kids 5 or 6 middle names so they can choose the one they like best when they get older :tongue:

Yes - often parents are the ones most likely to object.

I always think you should give your kids 5 or 6 middle names so they can choose the one they like best when they get older :tongue:

Bah! Haha! It doesn't matter that they wouldn't be able to remember most of them until they are about 5 years old. What would you do when you are mad and try to say their whole name for effect?

What would be really cool is if you used the initials of their many names to spell their first name. . . for example Seigfried might be Seigfried Ian Ethan Gregory Francis Roger Ivan Edmund Drew (insert last name)

:tongue: -IZ