Roadwalker

The worst member ever

Hi everyone,

since this is a forum for LEGO-lovers, LEGO-designers, builders and inventors I will probably be the worst member ever. :blush: Why is this, you may ask.

Well, let me tell you:

I have practically never built anything with lego, except from helping my children using Mega Bloks before they were old enough to be trusted lego parts without swallowing them. But as I understand using the word Mega Bloks here is worse than swearing, so I am already risking to be banned from this forum... *huh*:tongue:

But I am a great fan of you guys who turn those little plastic pieces to wonderful creations beyond imagination.

And I happen to share home with a person who dedicated his spare-time and spare space at home to lego building. In fact, I am the one trying to control the fenomena before it threatens to spread in the whole house. First the garage was occupied with a lego town under construction. This person close to me started out a project, making a lego animated movie. Since there no longer was room for the car, the project had to move to the outer room of the house. Now more than 30 square metres are occupied with the town project in different stages of planning, building and ready town quarters.

And since the room of this person is also occupied with different stages of this project, I have my hands full of trying to control the flowing inspiration and limit it to those two spaces at home.

And to you who actually stepped on lego parts with bare feet, you know what I mean... :sing:

Anyway, after this year´s event in Günzburg, I can only say: Lego connects, it builds bridges over language barriers and connects over age differences.

So who can resist it??

I like that story Roadwalker. I'm glad to see you finally turned to the Lego side :devil:

... and yes, stepping on Lego in bare feet is akin to walking on hot coals or on a bed of spikes :grin:

I would assume your favourite theme is City, but do you have any others?

Hope you enjoy it here :thumbup:

I like that story Roadwalker. I'm glad to see you finally turned to the Lego side :devil:

... and yes, stepping on Lego in bare feet is akin to walking on hot coals or on a bed of spikes :grin:

I would assume your favourite theme is City, but do you have any others?

Hope you enjoy it here :thumbup:

Hi Rancor,

yes, my favourite theme is "City". Not that I know how to build them, but they are fabulous once built.

Thanks for the welcome.

:laugh: Awesome! Welcome to the site. I don't think you're the worst at all. I'm glad you registered and that you have an interest in what us crazies build. For a moment, I thought you were my partners until you got to the BrickFilming part. :laugh: I hope you have a lot of fun and inspiration from our community! Welcome welcome welcome. :sweet:

Welcome to the lighter side of the brick! I'm sure you will find great inspirations and awesome creations. Have fun. :classic:

Welcome to the higher-quality side of the brick. You'll notice the lack of megabloks. :tongue: Post some pics of that huge town layout. :wub:

Welcome to Eurobricks, the megablock-free side of the brick.

"I can fell it, coming in the air tonight, who-oo-oho..."

Sorry watching Miami Vice... :blush:

-Alex

Welcome to Eurobricks, I wish you a very good time here.

If you have any questions, just PM me.

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

since this is a forum for LEGO-lovers, LEGO-designers, builders and inventors I will probably be the worst member ever. :blush: Why is this, you may ask.

Well, let me tell you:

I have practically never built anything with lego, except from helping my children using Mega Bloks before they were old enough to be trusted lego parts without swallowing them. But as I understand using the word Mega Bloks here is worse than swearing, so I am already risking to be banned from this forum... *huh*:tongue:

But I am a great fan of you guys who turn those little plastic pieces to wonderful creations beyond imagination.

And I happen to share home with a person who dedicated his spare-time and spare space at home to lego building. In fact, I am the one trying to control the fenomena before it threatens to spread in the whole house. First the garage was occupied with a lego town under construction. This person close to me started out a project, making a lego animated movie. Since there no longer was room for the car, the project had to move to the outer room of the house. Now more than 30 square metres are occupied with the town project in different stages of planning, building and ready town quarters.

And since the room of this person is also occupied with different stages of this project, I have my hands full of trying to control the flowing inspiration and limit it to those two spaces at home.

And to you who actually stepped on lego parts with bare feet, you know what I mean... :sing:

Anyway, after this year´s event in Günzburg, I can only say: Lego connects, it builds bridges over language barriers and connects over age differences.

So who can resist it??

That sounds pretty familiar... :look:

*checks your profile*

....M-mum..?!? *huh*

Er...Welcome to Eurobricks, I suppose... *oh2*

You could´ve told me..?

Yeah, I´m still sorting out those M-bloks :sick: from my collection... :hmpf_bad:

(No sorry Millacol88, my city looks like a mess at the moment, so no pics before I have sorted things there. It kinda looks like Hiroshima, because Star Wars, Dino 2010, Agents, Mars Mission etc have invaded the city... :alien::sceptic: )

EDIT: Oh, and small 2x2 plates and bricks can be a great alarm, if someone has been in my room, I juts have to check after small round marks under your (or Elinor(my sis)s) feet. :tongue:

Edited by Dennimator

Hello.

Hope you enjoy the site :classic: My Mum tells me that after thirteen years of LtF (Lego to Foot) inicidents you develop a resistance to the pain. :tongue:

All I know is that Lego is great fun for everyone (except feet).

*checks your profile*

....M-mum..?!? *huh*

You could´ve told me..?

Yeah, I´m still sorting out those M-bloks :sick: from my collection... :hmpf_bad:

(No sorry Millacol88, my city looks like a mess at the moment, so no pics before I have sorted things there. It kinda looks like Hiroshima, because Star Wars, Dino 2010, Agents, Mars Mission etc have invaded the city... :alien::sceptic: )

EDIT: Oh, and small 2x2 plates and bricks can be a great alarm, if someone has been in my room, I juts have to check after small round marks under your (or Elinor(my sis)s) feet. :tongue:

Haha this is hilarious, surprised you didn't she, my girlfriend had threatened the same thing awhile back, to start following me around the internet.

Hello and welcome to the family friendly side of the brick. :tongue:

245.1114075.jpg

Hello and welcome to the family friendly side of the brick. :tongue:

A lot of people say variations on that one saying...the brick must have a lot of sides. :tongue:

Hello.

Hope you enjoy the site :classic: My Mum tells me that after thirteen years of LtF (Lego to Foot) inicidents you develop a resistance to the pain. :tongue:

All I know is that Lego is great fun for everyone (except feet).

Yeah, that´s partially reue. It doesn´t hurt very much anymore, and remember; The bricks are more scared of you than you are for them. :tongue:

Haha this is hilarious, surprised you didn't she, my girlfriend had threatened the same thing awhile back, to start following me around the internet.

Yeah, she really did. :oh3:

This is going to feel sort of "Big Brother" now... :look::tongue:

Hi and welcome Roadwalker to the non-real part of Eurobricks :sweet:! You kind of started out in an exclusive way - first meet a lot of members IRL and then coming to the forum!

It was really nice to meet you and the rest of the family and I hope you´ll enjoy your stay here :thumbup:!

CopMike

Hi roadwalker! :classic:

Let me share some of my thoughts about your topic here.

At first glance I thought "what a stupid introduction - the worst member ever". I won´t read this.

Then I saw Copmike replying here.

Mmmh.

Okay, I check this however. If CM replies it cannot be too bad. :wink:

I read your posting and thought: This is a really nice introduction. I like this unusual way to introduce yourself. It sounded familiar somehow... :look: Then I realized you told me about the garage issue.

This is the point where I got it! :grin:

I knew it was you! So this is the official "Welcome to the boards" now.

I don´t think we have to tell you how this works, and will definitely not ask you about your age :wink:, that is what I normally tend to do.

The following replies were great as well: Hinckley (of course), CGH and Zorro didn´t get who you are. :laugh:

*checks your profile*

....M-mum..?!? *huh*

You could´ve told me..?

Now that really made my day!

One of the best posts EVER!

I still can´t stop laughing. :cry_happy:

I hope you are not turning to make your subtitle for real (especially for Dennimator), though. :grin:

I still can´t stop laughing. :cry_happy:

Me too.

I did get it, i just didn't want to blow her cover. :wink:

Sure you didn't :wink:

Anyways a big welcome from me too.

I was really impressed that you'd drive all the way from Sweden to support Dennimator's hobby.

I wish I had a mom like that :grin:

Enjoy the boards and have fun.

*checks your profile*

....M-mum..?!? *huh*

You could´ve told me..?

ROFL :grin: That was very funny indeed.

I saw this in the afternoon at work, didn´t had time to reply, and I´m still smiling...

Hi and welcome Roadwalker!

So funny that you decided to sign up.

When just reading the title, I thought about the same as Holodoc.

But then I saw that 19 persons replyed, so I just needed to read about this person.

I got it pretty fast actually that it was you.

It was a nice cover-up story to not say "Hi, I am Dennimators mother".

He blow that himself though, which was very funny.

Also very funny that you where following a lot of the real nerd talk.

The most persons have no clues when describing pieces, acronyms, different sites you need to know and so on.

I must say you have two great kids.

Really hope we will be seeing more of you in the future, both here and at Events.

-Ras-

Me too.

Sure you didn't :wink:

Anyways a big welcome from me too.

I was really impressed that you'd drive all the way from Sweden to support Dennimator's hobby.

I wish I had a mom like that :grin:

Enjoy the boards and have fun.

I paid it myself... :hmpf:

I paid it myself... :hmpf:

You paid her to drive you?

Wow, this is really impressing. I am glad so many of you guys/gals took time to reply. I really feel warmly welcomed. Thanks a lot!

Thanks Dennimator for blowing my cover :hmpf_bad:

But please do not mention my age... I am not so glad for it, and some young people close to me think "ancient fossiles" do not have so much to contribute with when it comes to lego-building. Except when it comes to ask for opinions for improvments and design.

You paid her to drive you?

Yes KimT, he actually paid for everything except for the petrol, boat tickets, food, some spending money, extra expences, spareparts (for the real car), souvenirs... :wink:

But please do not mention my age... I am not so glad for it, and some young people close to me think "ancient fossiles" do not have so much to contribute with when it comes to lego-building. Except when it comes to ask for opinions for improvments and design.

Shes 44 :pir-oh: .....I'm a brat :tongue: It doesn't matter how old you are, you can always contribute to Lego building. Welcome to Eurobricks.

By the way....Happy 44th birthday.

Edited by Broadside