Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

The Venganza

thindexedgif.gif 12a

So if you read my first Arbiter II post (which recently should have been split), you will know that the old Arbiter, found here, that my old flagship was given to the Spanish to cease hostilities between the Spanish and Brick-tish. The ship was renamed 'Venganza' as it vowed revenged for the sinking of one of its own ships. As a result of the trade, however, I needed to refit the Venganza for duty as a Spanish ship. This wasn't overly difficult because all I really did was change the sails to white and replace the flags...

Anyhow, I thought I would share photos of the Venganza as it is now!

pirateship.jpg

venganza.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza1.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza2.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza3.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza4.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza5.jpg_thumb.jpg

venganza6.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza8.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza9.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza10.jpg_thumb.jpg venganza11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here is the old guy

arbiter13.jpg_thumb.jpg

The other ship seen is the photos for comparison is the Arbiter II which has now been completed. You can find that ship by clicking on the thumbnail below. aarbiter1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Wow, this is really cool. Is the hull removeable?, and can you take a pic of the inside of the cabin? You have alot of canonns...

Wow, this is really cool. Is the hull removeable?, and can you take a pic of the inside of the cabin? You have alot of canonns...

Unfortunately, the decks are not removeable, nor is the cabin accessible... those were some of the down falls and the reason why I made the Arbiter II, which has both open-up sides and an accessible cabin, click the thimbnail to see the Arbiter II

mid10.jpg_thumb.jpg

The new sails look good and it like the color scheme of this ship.

But it should be a bit wider. Maybe by using some inverted slopes in the hull.

What do you think Z?

Unfortunately, the decks are not removeable, nor is the cabin accessible... those were some of the down falls and the reason why I made the Arbiter II, which has both open-up sides and an accessible cabin, click the thimbnail to see the Arbiter II

mid10.jpg_thumb.jpg

Well back to the drawingboard you go to add these features X-D

The new sails look good and it like the color scheme of this ship.

But it should be a bit wider. Maybe by using some inverted slopes in the hull.

What do you think Z?

Yes much better, and it certainly could be wider, i guess that is the drawback of trying to make a large ship on the narrow standard hulls.

*sigh*

I guess seeing this ship makes me appreciate the Arbiter II more! I don't think I will be getting around to working on it for quite some time!

Well back to the drawingboard you go to add these features X-D

Ha! I might have to revisit this ship sometime later.

It appears you're using paper sails - will you be replacing them with something made of fabric in the future?

It appears you're using paper sails - will you be replacing them with something made of fabric in the future?

Heh, they are not paper. They are canvas! The stuff is just so rigid that it looks paper-y, but it is a cloth like material. it sure is white!

So if you read my first Arbiter II post (which recently should have been split), you will know that the old Arbiter, found here, that my old flagship was given to the Spanish to cease hostilities between the Spanish and Brick-tish. The ship was renamed 'Venganza' as it vowed revenged for the sinking of one of its own ships.

[big Snip]

You know, it's bad luck to change the name of a ship 8-| .

Other wise, It's still a very, very nice ship :capn: .

Other wise, It's still a very, very nice ship :capn: .

Well throughout history tons of ships have been renamed... but talk to my Spanish, they are the ones who did it! I just couldn't take the name "Arbiter" away from my main flagship.

Heh, they are not paper. They are canvas! The stuff is just so rigid that it looks paper-y, but it is a cloth like material. it sure is white!

Yes the sails certainly are white, they're brighter than the hull even - but how long will it take before they start to discolour?

Yes the sails certainly are white, they're brighter than the hull even - but how long will it take before they start to discolour?

No idea!

It is the same material used on the Arbiter II. The stuff dyes pretty easily, but I had the material for the sails for the Venganza just folded up and waiting inside a bag... I guess the next time I see the ship, I might be able to answer that question!

If that were true the HMS Surprise wouldn't have been such a lucky ship since it was originally a french corvette named Unit

venganza9.jpg_thumb.jpg Vs arbiter13.jpg_thumb.jpg

I must say The Venganza is a bast improvement over the original Arbiter, particularly the sails. Even though the current sails are bright white the previously used Imperial Flagship sails didn't work very well with the hull at all.

But mentioning the hull I'd have to say it seems a bit too narrow for the length of the ship.

But mentioning the hull I'd have to say it seems a bit too narrow for the length of the ship.

No disagreement here. I didn't really do much to the ship other than change the sails. It is definately too narrow for its length! But it is on the bottom of my list for updates!

Any particular reason(s) you decided to make the ship that long with a hull that narrow?

Yes... evolution...

The ship started out as a an imperial flagship. Then it grew to a combo of two imperial flagships. Then I stretched the hulls with black slopes. Then the Armada line came out, and I found some white hulls through auctions etc. I switched the hulls over to white because they were the same size and matched the ship.

So it is long and narrow because that is how it evolved. If I had to start from scratch, it would look more like the Arbiter II and less like it does now.

Then the Armada line came out, and I found some white hulls through auctions etc. I switched the hulls over to white because they were the same size and matched the ship.

Errr... The Armada line can out in 1996, you haven't been working on The Venganza for the past 11 years have you? :-P

Errr... The Armada line can out in 1996, you haven't been working on The Venganza for the past 11 years have you? :-P

The original Arbiter (Venganza) was probably constructed around 1998 or 1999. They were old when I dusted them off for pictures. I guess when my parents moved two years ago, my interests were re-sparked. I moved all the Lego(s) up to the attic, and in doing so, I say the harbor which has become Fort Brighton, and I thought how pointless and boring all the buildings were, so I started rebuilding, and that is when I found this site. After I re-did the harbor, the ships were a logical extension. And now I already have an itch to get some improvements on the Fort Brighton completed. I would say my general Lego® building skills and especially my ship building skills have upgraded a bit since the Venganza's predecessors creation!

Which one is Fort Brighton? Is that the big harbour you built with a MLCAD WIP thread - or am I thinking of something else?

Which one is Fort Brighton? Is that the big harbour you built with a MLCAD WIP thread - or am I thinking of something else?

Nope, that's the one!

Add a couple of base plates with walls to the garrison and stockade buildings I would think...

Add a couple of base plates with walls to the garrison and stockade buildings I would think...

Exactly. Like I said, I am pretty sure Brighton would get crushed from an attach by sea, and I don't think the fortress section has enough guns, or enough firing angles to defend the place! We'll see how it goes!

It's a very fine ship i must say. It still is. Especially i like that load of guns there's onboard

But i dont get the point of this sail:

venganza11.jpg_thumb.jpg

To me it looks wierd.