Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Heroica RPG - Quest #62: Insider Trading

~This quest is for chosen heroes only! If you wish to play, please herd over to the Rules and Discussion to learn how to do so! Thanks.~

w71o6.jpg

On the docks, waiting for the party, stands the nervous Hinckwell employee. "Hello, brave adventurers." He smiled cordially, "Master Dill sent me to pick you up and assist him in his trade venture in Brendenton." He stated, bobbing slightly, up and down on the balls of his feet. "I'll wait for you all to arrive before we depart."

m7t5xx.jpg

Party:

8446595942_7541628ef8_m.jpg Karie Alderflask (Played by Kintober) *Party Leader*

22 year old Human Rogue, lvl 4

Power: 8

Health: 10/10

Gold: 18

Equipment: Dagger (WP:4)

Inventory: Potion (4), Mead (2), Remedy (2), Venom, (2) Smoke bomb (2), Lightning bomb (1), Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Heirloom Dagger (WP:3)

post-32797-0-56005700-1354524359.jpg

Nessa AnĂ¡rion (herrJJ)

59 years old female elven Ranger

Level 8

Power: 14 (Lvl. 8 + WP: 6)

Defense: 1

Health: 13

Gold: 4

Equipment: Croise Bow (WP: 6), Leather Armour (SP: 1)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Venom

photo-20659.jpg?_r=1362510149Drake Flamerobe

25 year old male human

Level 5 Knight

Power: 10

Defense: 2

Health: 15/15

Ether: 0/0

Gold: 292

Equipment: Greatsword (WP:5), Shield (SP:2) Helmet

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix Essence, Tonic, Greatsword(WP:5), Shovel, Bedroll

photo-thumb-28776.jpg?_r=1353304201Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old Male Vampire Rogue

Level 12

Power: 17 (Level 12+Weapon 5)

Health: 18/18 (Rogue Base 7+ Level Bonus 11)

Gold: 5

Equipment: Fauxthril Scythe (WP:5), Psuedos Hood

Inventory: Potion, Venom x2, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Grand Potionx2, Smelling Salts x3, Amethyst, Shuriken (WP:5), Mead

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 12 Mage

Power: 19 (18+1)

Health: 11/16

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 204

Equipment: Dual staff (WP: 8) damages 2 enemies in one hit

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5), opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), diamond (light), amethyst (darkness), 7 potions, 9 tonics, 3 remedies, 1 elixir, 3 nostrums, 3 mead, holy bomb, ice bomb, smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones, jo-no tree seed

You have 24 hours to confirm, or the ship leaves without you. Are the Stats right? Legobodgers, you should probably post in the Hero Statistics page for future reference. :wink:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Karie finds her way to the Hinckwell employer, an aura of authority surrounding her. She fastens a badge onto her corset, crafted out of a cheap looking metal with the words "Party Leader" on it. She looks about the dock curiously.

"So, where's the boat?"

Karie is ready to lead her party into battle, hopefully not one where lives are at stake.

Karie finds her way to the Hinckwell employer, an aura of authority surrounding her. She fastens a badge onto her corset, crafted out of a cheap looking metal with the words "Party Leader" on it. She looks about the dock curiously.

"So, where's the boat?"

Karie is ready to lead her party into battle, hopefully not one where lives are at stake.

i6dt6x.jpg "Ha!" chuckled the man earnestly. "That's a nifty looking badge you've got there! The ship's out in the bay already. We'll be rowing out to it once the rest of you arrive."

"You like it?" Karie fiddled with it, ensuring it was a aligned as straight as a ruler.

"I got it off one of the vendor's on the way up." It seemed that the old saying is true: The best things in life are free!

"You like it?" Karie fiddled with it, ensuring it was a aligned as straight as a ruler.

"I got it off one of the vendor's on the way up." It seemed that the old saying is true: The best things in life are free!

i6dt6x.jpg "Yes," he stated, nodding his head as if to assure her of his sincerity. "I think it's... well, it's the first time I've seen one. It's unique. The vendor gave that to you for free? You must be a good customer." He chuckled naively.

OoC: I realize now that I'm only supposed to read the red text as your speech. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"Yeah, I guess you could say that!" The poor vendor she aquirred it from obviously wasn't used to pickpockets.

"And now, we wait!" She finds a nearby rock to sit on, and pulls out her Heirloom Dagger and begins to toss it up into the air, and fiddle with it.

OOC: No problem! Just for future reference, Red is anything smart alec here says aloud, and anything in black is everything else.

Edited by Kintobor

"Yeah, I guess you could say that!" The poor vendor she aquirred it from obviously wasn't used to pickpockets.

"And now, we wait!" She finds a nearby rock to sit on, and pulls out her Heirloom Dagger and begins to toss it up into the air, and fiddle with it.

OOC: No problem! Just for future reference, Red is anything smart alec here says aloud, and anything in black is everything else.

i6dt6x.jpg "I suppose so." He says. He doesn't sit though. Instead, he stands, fidgeting, looking from his notes to the ship in the bay to the sun to his notes again.

OoC: I think I've got it now. :wink: Also, as a note, I sometimes edit my posts right after I post them. It's a bad habit I should stop, but I'll leave a note if I ever add anything to an Edit.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Nessa arrived at the docks after she left the library. She was looking around for some familiar faces. There was a soldier looking like someone of her employer. Also she saw that girl from the hall wondering if she still was drunk. In a shady corner she also saw a shadow... that had to be Dreyrugr. Nessa turned towards the soldier: "My name is Nessa AnĂ¡rion, ready for departure."

So it was another journey by ship. Was she ever getting comfortable with the sea? Her last travel brought madness to her mind. What would this new one bring to her?

Edited by herrJJ

Dreyrugr arrives as sees that he is second to arrive. He then finds a shady place to lie down and have a nap.

Just bought a couple of things. Check statistics.

OoC: How's it now?

i6dt6x.jpg "Excellent," stammered the nervous man, crossing a name from the list. That's two..."

Nessa arrived at the docks after she left the library. She was looking around for some familiar faces. There was a soldier looking like someone of her employer. Also she saw that girl from the hall wondering if she still was drunk. In a shady corner she also saw a shadow... that had to be Dreyrugr. Nessa turned towards the soldier: "My name is Nessa AnĂ¡rion, ready for departure."

So it was another journey by ship. Was she ever getting comfortable with the sea? Her last travel brought madness to her mind. What would this new one bring to her?

i6dt6x.jpg "...And Three!" He added when Nessa arrived, crossing the name from his list. "Nessa AnĂ¡rion. Pleasure to meet you."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

i6dt6x.jpg "...And Three!" He added when Nessa arrived, crossing the name from his list. "Nessa AnĂ¡rion. Pleasure to meet you."

"Tell me, do you have a name by yourself? Or are you just another nameless soldier who is going to die on my path as others did in the past? If latter you should possibly run because you aren't safe here. Trust me, this is how it happened to me once."

"Tell me, do you have a name by yourself? Or are you just another nameless soldier who is going to die on my path as others did in the past? If latter you should possibly run because you aren't safe here. Trust me, this is how it happened to me once."

i6dt6x.jpg The nervous Hinckwell's eyes went wide with worry as he heard the Hero speak. "I-I-I-" He stammered. "My name is Bartholomew Corin." He finished, sounding surprisingly official. "I am Master Dill Hinckwell's personal assistant in Brendenton, not a soldier. The chain-mail and the Helmet are for my protection. I've heard Eubric is a den of thieves with no military what-so-ever, so I came prepared. Brendenton is much more controlled." He looked around nervously. "And the sooner we're back in Brendenton, the better. I'm afraid we're running several days late already due to disastrously calm weather."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Karie stopped messing around with her dagger at the sound of the elf's comment to the Hinckwell official. She looked at her with interest. She seemed familiar... She sternly looked at the elf.

"Nessa, right? Look, see this thing here? This badge solidifies me as "Party Leader". And what you just said to... to... the guy you just insulted, what's your name again? Anyways, take me as a scum sucking rogue, or as the weird chick who paints her body white, I'm leading this little expedition into unknown markets, and I would appreciate, and so would Bobby over here, if you would keep sly comments like that to yourself. Okay?"

Karie stopped messing around with her dagger at the sound of the elf's comment to the Hinckwell official. She looked at her with interest. She seemed familiar... She sternly looked at the elf.

"Nessa, right? Look, see this thing here? This badge solidifies me as "Party Leader". And what you just said to... to... the guy you just insulted, what's your name again? Anyways, take me as a scum sucking rogue, or as the weird chick who paints her body white, I'm leading this little expedition into unknown markets, and I would appreciate, and so would Bobby over here, if you would keep sly comments like that to yourself. Okay?"

i6dt6x.jpg "I-uh, You can call me Bart, if you'd like." mumbled the jitterery Hinckwell.

"And who are you? Oh yes, I know. You were that drunk girl back there in the hall, right? Let me tell you something. Instead of playing with your knife and that silly badge you should start acting like a party leader. YOU could ask the relevant questions as a beginning. And as long as you are not willing to do so just let me be.

And for you, Barty, what is it exactly we will have to do when we arrive? And why are you that nervous? Are hiding something?" As Nessa talked she got in a rage and waited impatiently.

Edited by herrJJ

Karie's face turned red with both anger and embarrassment, clearly visible under her make up.

"Do you really wanna get me going? Perhaps we shouldn't forget that Mount Nessa exploded back at the hall a few days ago? So before you start harping on the "drunk girl", you consider the possibility that perhaps you need to relax, and listen to what I have to say. I don't want us offending any higher ups with snarky comments, especially with such a huge paycheck. And my badge is not silly, it's a status of authority!"

Karie had a smug, and dignifying look about her.

"If your so keen on me stepping up, fine. Bobby, what she just said, minus the nervous bit."

She was much more laid back than the raging elf.

Drake looked over to the other heroes. Well, this is a lively bunch, isn't it? Drake thought looking at the human rogue.

"So, guys/girls, sorry for being late to the party but I was... sleeping, I guess. So what's new? I'm interested to know why that Bart man is so nervous. He either has problems, or something is scaring him that we have to get rid of."

Drake looked around, suspiciously. He then sat down on the ground and waited.

OOC: Sorry for the lateness! I've been away from Eurobricks because I'm caught up in another hobby. Oh, and I my Helmet is supposed to be equipped too, unless you can't do that.

Edited by xxlrocka

OoC: Oooh. Dissension in the ranks... Lovely. :devil:

"And who are you? Oh yes, I know. You were that drunk girl back there in the hall, right? Let me tell you something. Instead of playing with your knife and that silly badge you should start acting like a party leader. YOU could ask the relevant questions as a beginning. And as long as you are not willing to do so just let me be.

And for you, Barty, what is it exactly we will have to do when we arrive? And why are you that nervous? Are hiding something?" As Nessa talked she got in a rage and waited impatiently.

Karie's face turned red with both anger and embarrassment, clearly visible under her make up.

"Do you really wanna get me going? Perhaps we shouldn't forget that Mount Nessa exploded back at the hall a few days ago? So before you start harping on the "drunk girl", you consider the possibility that perhaps you need to relax, and listen to what I have to say. I don't want us offending any higher ups with snarky comments, especially with such a huge paycheck. And my badge is not silly, it's a status of authority!"

"If your so keen on me stepping up, fine. Bobby, what she just said, minus the nervous bit."

Bart the Hinckwell employee was clearly distraught from the anger and interrogation directed at him. He let out an involuntary eep.

i6dt6x.jpg"I, umm. Let's just remain... calm. Master Dill heard how helpful you heroes can be in tricky situations, and right now, he's apparently in a very tricky one. He's been exceedingly tight-lipped about it though, and I'm afraid I don't quite know the details myself. You'd think the man would trust his most valued personal assistant with such details, but I suppose this is too important to even let me know about it. He hired you folks after all instead of employing the local guards, which would likely have been much cheaper. If I had to guess, I'd say it had something to do with the cloth-market that recently crashed. It's famous in Brendenton. He probably wants you there just to make sure whatever business maneuver he's cooked-up goes through without a hitch. Master Dill is always trying to make the most out of tough situations. That's just speculation though. As for my weak nerve, I am afraid it runs in the family, but it's certainly not helped by our current lateness and being in this new city. I've never been out of Sundestia before, even though the Hinckwell company is very wide-spread. I can't help but get anxious being in this famously chaotic city."

Drake looked over to the other heroes. Well, this is a lively bunch, isn't it? Drake thought looking at the human rogue.

"So, guys/girls, sorry for being late to the party but I was... sleeping, I guess. So what's new? I'm interested to know why that Bart man is so nervous. He either has problems, or something is scaring him that we have to get rid of."

Drake looked around, suspiciously. He then sat down on the ground and waited.

OOC: Sorry for the lateness! I've been away from Eurobricks because I'm caught up in another hobby. Oh, and I my Helmet is supposed to be equipped too, unless you can't do that.

i6dt6x.jpg "Oh, good! You've arrived! Excellent! Now we're only waiting for the Mage." he said, checking another name from his list.

OoC: Does it have any in-game-effect?

Edit: I won't be able to take us to Brendenton for another 3 or so hours, so take your time RPing if you want, and we'll leave once Legobodgers posts here and I've photo-shopped the next scenes.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

OOC: Wren laughs maniacally

Karie shrugged her arms.

"See, nervousness, nothing overtly seedy about Bobby at all. Or was it Barty? Whatever."

She goes back to messing about with her dagger.

"You don't know what I have been through. And by the way how old are you? 16? At least you do behave like this. I wonder if it was the right decision to take you as a leader. But nevertheless this is how it is and certainly can't be changed. But be warned: I am keeping an eye on you!" With a sound of ignorance Nessa put an end to this quarrel and let Karie stand alone. She turned around and said: "OK Barty. As long as you speak the truth I am fine with what you've said. I hope we will be of any help for your employer. But I guess as long as I have an eye out there shouldn't be a problem." 'Now what exactly are you doing there? Is this what I told you? You are dishonorable and insulting. Behave!' 'You are just doing fine, my little Nessa. Make your point and especially your position clear. What may stop you?' Nessa was irritated but tried not to show it. But the glance in her eyes revealed a part of this insecurity. She stepped back and searched a quiet place but always watching the other so called heroes... and Bart.

OOC: I am asleep for the next 7-9 hours so there might be a little less interaction. I hope we don't run into a fight... wait a minute, well, of course I do. :classic:

Edited by herrJJ

As Amorith wanders down to the docks he see's his party, a strange white woman, a man who looked like a knight and an argumentative ranger.

Not remembering any of them from his past quests he walks up an introduces himself.

"Good morning all, my name is Amorith Marvelo. I hope we can finish this quest in an expedient manner."

OOC: Sorry for being late (time zones)

As Amorith wanders down to the docks he see's his party, a strange white woman, a man who looked like a knight and an argumentative ranger.

Not remembering any of them from his past quests he walks up an introduces himself.

"Good morning all, my name is Amorith Marvelo. I hope we can finish this quest in an expedient manner."

OOC: Sorry for being late (time zones)

i6dt6x.jpg"Oh! good good good!" cried the Hinckwell. "You're the fifth member of the party! Great to meet you! I'm Bartholomew, Master Dill Hinckwell's personal assistant Now we're all here. Oh wonderful." chattered the Hinckwell exuberantly. "Now w're just waiting for Charley, the man in-charge of rowing us to the ship... I told him to be waiting here, but the old-bloke has yet to arrive!"

OoC: I'll move the Quest to Brendenton in about three hours.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"Hello Amorith. Nice to meet you. I share your wishes though I doubt they might get true. Anyways I think we are complete now, aren't we?"

Edited by herrJJ

"Hello Amorith. Nice to meet you. I share your wishes though I doubt they might get true. Anyways I think we are complete now, aren't we?"

i6dt6x.jpg"Oh, yes! We are, but Charley row-boater hasn't gotten here yet."