A group of Mitgard warriors leave their lands to aid the rebel cause in Nocturnus. The treacherous mountain passes adjoining Mitgardia and Nocturnus have become two-way streets of sorts: refugees, fleeing the turmoil in Nocturnus, brave the passages in hopes of finding peace; while fighters from across Historica attempt to bypass the Kelra Labyrinths and bolster the anti-Black Spire forces.

15239163025_28bd58fd2f_c.jpg

15239163395_76e128b132_c.jpg

15239163335_9a79192cdf_c.jpg

15239163455_174c1a729a_c.jpg

15239163485_9a00d45e07_c.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this MOC: Another Mitgardia-esque freebuild using some of the advice I got from my Seeking Refuge in Mitgardia MOC. I'm not sure how the community feels about building between guilds, but I only have time to work on two or three projects at most, and I try to make them all GoH related. I don't mean to step on any Mitgardian toes with these builds, it's just that it can get a little bleak in Nocturnus (still the best guild)! Thanks for looking and feedback is of course welcomed!

Great figs. And I like the use of gold color at accesories/horns and that hammer also is great! Landscaping is also great with the olive green and the boarder is top notch :) Great one as usual!

Lord Vladivus is glad to know the guilds are not ignoring the plight of true Nocturnians. Every warrior is a welcome asset to True Nocturnus. Think of us not as rebels, but as the resistance. The Spire must fall, and a united Historica against this threat cannot fail.

This is awesome! Love the landscaping, and cool figs. I've always done builds in other guilds, although I tend to add a Nocty fig. This one's related to the war in Nocty though!

Really nice work! You did a great work with the landscape :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is great! Everything from the border to the bridge above the waterfall is really well made and appropriate for the setting.

Excellent build, there's noticeable improvement from your prior build. Great job with the rocks and river, and the bridge is superb as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

I for one am glad you have decided to build cross-guild for this one, because the result is stunning! I love your wandering path and the rocks in the water are perfect!

Cross guild building is absolutely prohibited. According to by-lay 17-453.2 that is in clear violation of the Nocturnus Pumpkin treaty of 1947. :wink: I know of some others who build cross guilds, and I always enjoy seeing the style of a builder we know with a different feel. For instance, this build is beautiful! I am really liking what you are doing with rockwork. I have honestly been building this style of rock over and over for no reason other than to get this style down. I have not posted anything, because I am literally just trying out your rock styling!

Amazing landscaping here. Should be an inspiration to all Mitgardian builders. Really has a Skyrim vibe, too. Reminds me of the areas around Markarth.

In the interest of improving, I'm going to give this a hefty critique. The water looks extremely good, as does the shaping of the waterfall. The colors of the waterfall are off in a few pics, but you might not be able to help that :classic: Portions of the rocks look really good, but there are some changes I would make. First off, unless you're showing wet rock, it's generally a bad idea to use bley and grey mixed so close together, because it's easy to get too messy. Because of dirt and such, this rule is generally void for the ground color, and you can sometimes pull off mixing old and new grey/bley, but in real life it's usually just one type of rock in a given location. Also, olive green. I can see where you were coming from by using so much, and it's definitely a good color, but there's so much here it's overpowering. Like dark orange, olive green is terrific as an accent, but because it's so bold, it doesn't turn out well when you add too much to a landscape. I would use sand green, if you have enough, or regular green, and then mix somewhere around 1/3 olive green into that. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ideas! :wink:

Nice! Love the landscaping very much, and all those shields in the border, just awesome. And the figs are cool too!

Awesome landscape and great figs. Maybe you could add a white cheese slope to the water here and there though.

That said, why on Historica would any Mitgardian possibly try to venture voluntarily into Nocturnus? :look:

Excellent landscaping and very good figures! I think that cross-guild building is sometimes the most rewarding, as it's easy to become comfortable building in the same setting all the time :classic:

This is the kind of stuff i like alot! :wub: Excellent rock work, the water, and that base!

Personally i don't see any issue with cross guild building, sometimes a change of the norm can be healthy for inspiration. :thumbup:

Haha. Half my builds before I really got into Age of Mitgardia were cross-guild. I've done about 1/4 of my builds in Nocturnus (three phases of WoN and my contribution to the Whispering Wood battle).

Nice little details and I do love those two figs that use the scaled-mail LotR torsos and legs. I really like those buy they're so expensive for just them. :blush:

Great figs. And I like the use of gold color at accesories/horns and that hammer also is great! Landscaping is also great with the olive green and the boarder is top notch :) Great one as usual!

Thanks Gunman!

This is beautiful! The lichen is great and an awesome use of solar. The border is fabulous too.

Thanks Carson, I enjoyed doing the border but part of me thinks I would have been better in another color.

This is a beautiful build! Just love the landscape!! :wub:

The bridge is great too! More, more!! :grin:

Thanks cesbrick!

Lord Vladivus is glad to know the guilds are not ignoring the plight of true Nocturnians. Every warrior is a welcome asset to True Nocturnus. Think of us not as rebels, but as the resistance. The Spire must fall, and a united Historica against this threat cannot fail.

This is awesome! Love the landscaping, and cool figs. I've always done builds in other guilds, although I tend to add a Nocty fig. This one's related to the war in Nocty though!

Thanks LV, yes the Spire may have lost some of its alliances and appears to be in a state of weakness, but it works to divide the peoples of Historica. The Nocturnians must stand together to resist Raavage, as must all of Historica.

Really nice work! You did a great work with the landscape :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Wedge!

This is great! Everything from the border to the bridge above the waterfall is really well made and appropriate for the setting.

Glad you liked it BrickCurve!

Excellent build, there's noticeable improvement from your prior build. Great job with the rocks and river, and the bridge is superb as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Scaevola, glad you liked the improvements!

Nice build, great figs I really love the colours used for the terrain excellent as per usual :)

Thanks!

I for one am glad you have decided to build cross-guild for this one, because the result is stunning! I love your wandering path and the rocks in the water are perfect!

Thanks Josh!

Cross guild building is absolutely prohibited. According to by-lay 17-453.2 that is in clear violation of the Nocturnus Pumpkin treaty of 1947. :wink: I know of some others who build cross guilds, and I always enjoy seeing the style of a builder we know with a different feel. For instance, this build is beautiful! I am really liking what you are doing with rockwork. I have honestly been building this style of rock over and over for no reason other than to get this style down. I have not posted anything, because I am literally just trying out your rock styling!

Haha, thanks Kayne! Yeah, I figured it wouldn't arouse too much contempt, but I don't feel like I see cross-guild builds too often so I wasn't sure. I'm really glad you're like the rockwork - believe me, it is much easier than I had originally thought it would be. There's just a few tricks here or there to make the SNOT and studs up sides level, but other than that it's not much trouble. I'm honored you find it interesting enough to try yourself, and if you would like any tips or some WIP photos of my rockwork I would be more than glad to oblige!

Amazing landscaping here. Should be an inspiration to all Mitgardian builders. Really has a Skyrim vibe, too. Reminds me of the areas around Markarth.

Thank you very much Evan!

In the interest of improving, I'm going to give this a hefty critique. The water looks extremely good, as does the shaping of the waterfall. The colors of the waterfall are off in a few pics, but you might not be able to help that :classic: Portions of the rocks look really good, but there are some changes I would make. First off, unless you're showing wet rock, it's generally a bad idea to use bley and grey mixed so close together, because it's easy to get too messy. Because of dirt and such, this rule is generally void for the ground color, and you can sometimes pull off mixing old and new grey/bley, but in real life it's usually just one type of rock in a given location. Also, olive green. I can see where you were coming from by using so much, and it's definitely a good color, but there's so much here it's overpowering. Like dark orange, olive green is terrific as an accent, but because it's so bold, it doesn't turn out well when you add too much to a landscape. I would use sand green, if you have enough, or regular green, and then mix somewhere around 1/3 olive green into that. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ideas! :wink:

Thanks for the critique Thomas! I can understand about the dangers of mixing light and dark bley rocks but in a land with such tortured geographical features as Mitgardia you would undoubtedly found various types of rocks adjacent to one another. What I was going for in this MOC was showing the light bley as the new (harder, if you will) rock while the dark bley was the old, worn out, eroded rock which had formed the path and left only a few above-ground rock structures. In any case, for future purposes I will try to not make the meetings between the two colors so jarring.

As far as the color scheme goes, I respect your opinion but I must disagree, I rather like the olive green as a primary color (not just in this MOC, but in those by others I have seen). I tried adding some regular green to the build but it just looked too bright and vivid for this build. I thought the olive-dark green combo gave a nice subdued and almost dreary look to the build. Still, I very much appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback, and it certainly gives me a few things to think about on my next one!

Nice! Love the landscaping very much, and all those shields in the border, just awesome. And the figs are cool too!

Thanks Alfadas!

Awesome landscape and great figs. Maybe you could add a white cheese slope to the water here and there though.

That said, why on Historica would any Mitgardian possibly try to venture voluntarily into Nocturnus? :look:

Haha, glad you liked it Kabel! That is a great idea with the white cheese slope, don't know why I didn't think of that. I add a few to this MOC when I get home just to see how it looks.

To answer your question, well, they do it for glory, gold and, most importantly, the girls! There's no beards on our orc women over here! Oh, and let's not even get started on those Zugal belly-dancers...

Besides, I thought you Mitgardians loved to prove your battlefield prowess and warrior culture, what better place to do so than that most fearsome of guilds, Nocturnus? :grin:

Awesome scene Patrick, really love the colors and textures here.

Thanks V!

Excellent landscaping and very good figures! I think that cross-guild building is sometimes the most rewarding, as it's easy to become comfortable building in the same setting all the time :classic:

Thanks Gideon, and I totally agree! Glad to know the community is cool with some cross-guild building!

This is the kind of stuff i like alot! :wub: Excellent rock work, the water, and that base!

Personally i don't see any issue with cross guild building, sometimes a change of the norm can be healthy for inspiration. :thumbup:

Thanks Jorrith!

Haha. Half my builds before I really got into Age of Mitgardia were cross-guild. I've done about 1/4 of my builds in Nocturnus (three phases of WoN and my contribution to the Whispering Wood battle).

Oh yeah, I remember those, but I wasn't sure if that was allowed because of the WoN challenge. Actually, it was your great Nocturnus builds that got me interested in building a little something outside the guild.

Nice little details and I do love those two figs that use the scaled-mail LotR torsos and legs. I really like those buy they're so expensive for just them. :blush:

Thanks Behemoth, yeah I loaded up on those after buying a much of the Uruk army sets!

Excellent detailing all around! Loving the mix of colors and the rushing water. And the figs are nice touch as well. :)

Thanks Jakorin, glad you liked it!

Edited by MassEditor

Oh yeah, I remember those, but I wasn't sure if that was allowed because of the WoN challenge. Actually, it was your great Nocturnus builds that got me interested in building a little something outside the guild.

Yeah, I checked with the Nocty folks to see if they were cool with it. I had an idea that just fit better with Nocturnus than with Mitgardia. Sometimes it's better to do a freebuild than to drop an idea or compromise it by trying to force it where it doesn't belong! Plus, great builders like you are a premium in every guild so it's better for all of us if you're working on fleshing out whatever land you want to.

Love the landscaping in this as well! Also nice base and figs!

And above all, it's good to show that you don't always have to build Nocturnus things although it's your home guild! :thumbup:

Great scene ME! I really like the ground colors and textures, to me they look very realistic for a mountain with scree and moss. It actually looks a lot like the landscape on some of the mountains that I've gone up/on (not all the way to the top mind you), so nice job on making it realistic!