DrJB

Centoys.com ... are they legit?

Seems like a fairly new website with many lego sets. Prices are simply incredible.

Are they legit? Seems 'suspicious' to me.

''Shipping & DeliveryWe only shipping & Delivery USA address and free shipping all state .Order processing 1-5 business day for shipped with usps,usp,fedex...''

That sucks

Click on the contact us part of the website there is no phone number / email / address etc, its illegal in most countries to not display this information if you are a business and very very suspicious

I just did a whois.net search. The domain is registered to a woman with a PO Box in Sunnyvale, CA. It doesn't seem trustworthy.

Customer Service

Shipping & Delivery

We only shipping & Delivery USA address and free shipping all state

.Order processing 1-5 business day for shipped with usps,usp,fedex...

About Us

Centoys Inc

10231 Helmsdale

Houston, TX 77043

PHONE : 8004760044

EMAIL: CONTACT@CENTOYS.COM

Payment: We only accept paypal for payment and refund.payment charge when order shipped.Can you cancel when order not yet shipped.

source: http://centoys.com/i...ustomer-service

So, they do have a reference.. Maybe you should send a mail to the contact email adress to ask more information.

Edited by Ramacco

Yeah... They're grammar isn't correct either. Also, they only accept Paypal? I wouldn't buy from them. They have an address and number listed, but still.....

The atrocious grammar used on their website makes it look fishy to me. If English isn't their first language, they should at least have a native English speaker proof read their website.

I would be very cautious.

When i look at the euro prices they are 40% cheaper then the lego website. A 42009 for €120?! Cheapest i found here in holland was €160. In the lego store its €199. Seems a bit to cheap to me and a bit fishy.

Edited by Marcel1980

Definetly not legit. Look at the review for Villa Savoye! :roflmao:

Great phone - unless you are outside or in the car Review by Sheridan

I only needed a basic phone - no MP3, camera, or FM radio. This phone delivered with great reception, good sound quality, great battery life, and a very small size. Inside a building it works great. Why the low score? The tinted plastic over the display makes it impossible to see the display outdoors and in the car. If the sun is out, forget it! I even managed to figure out how to remove all of the wallpaper backgrounds and to maximize the contrast. Still, don't plan to use this outdoors. Nokia should recall this product to replace the tinted cover. Update: Yesterday this phone took was accidently dropped onto a very hard ceramic tile floor and it still works perfectly! A similar drop ended the life of my digital camera a few months ago. So, if I were to rate this cell phone now I would give it 3 stars, maybe even 4 stars. I like reliable, sturdy stuff and this cell seems to be unusually well made. (Posted on 8/25/07)

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

So the set comes with a phone or the set is for building a phone?..... LOL.

Definetly not legit. Look at the review for Villa Savoye! :roflmao:

I didn't understand what you meant....then I clicked the link...LoL :laugh:

Sounds like a drop shipping site, like hombz....apparently the sets do get to your house but they are shipped from other areas with another credit card...

This is funny but I ordered one set from them 1 month ago... the Lone Ranger Train set for only $60 & I DID get it perfectly in less than 1 week which was awesome! The confusing part was it was actually sent to me from the Amazon fulfillment center! So, after giving them a test run, I ordered 2 more sets on 8/26 & this time I got 1 $18 set instead of my 2 sets that cost $208. I don't know absolutely the $18 set I got was from them because there wasn't even a packing slip inside! The only reason I think it did was because, again, it came from the Amazon fulfillment center. I did send them an e-mail on Friday asking for an explanation but have not heard back from them yet so, to be safe, I just filed a PayPal dispute. At very least, they will send me what I ordered, at worst, I will have PayPal refund me in full & I will keep the $18 set :-)

Edited by excitedtobeadad

The site is still up and running. The prices are amazing, $322 for a new 10188.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has dealt with this site.

This is funny but I ordered one set from them 1 month ago... the Lone Ranger Train set for only $60 & I DID get it perfectly in less than 1 week which was awesome! The confusing part was it was actually sent to me from the Amazon fulfillment center! So, after giving them a test run, I ordered 2 more sets on 8/26 & this time I got 1 $18 set instead of my 2 sets that cost $208. I don't know absolutely the $18 set I got was from them because there wasn't even a packing slip inside! The only reason I think it did was because, again, it came from the Amazon fulfillment center. I did send them an e-mail on Friday asking for an explanation but have not heard back from them yet so, to be safe, I just filed a PayPal dispute. At very least, they will send me what I ordered, at worst, I will have PayPal refund me in full & I will keep the $18 set :-)

UPDATE: So, Paypal DID fully reimburse me & no one asked for the $18 set back so I guess I actually came out ahead in that case except for the 25 days I didn't have my money. Since I did get my money back, I thought I'd try it again. Guess what... This time is worked again like a charm! I ordered those exact 2 battery powered LEGO train sets I ordered the first time & they showed up (again shipped from Amazon fulfillment center) in less than 1 week. I only paid $208 total for both sets that would have cost me at least $300 anywhere else! My advice is, AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO BE BACKED BY PAYPAL'S BUYER PROTECTION PLAN, it's worth a try ordering from them if you're looking for a great deal & the timing isn't an issue in case they don't come through the first time.

Sounds like the seller is purchasing the sets using stolen credit cards / accounts. Assuming this is correct, and it very likely is, I rather pay more than support a thief.