Sign in to follow this  
The Rancor

UK Chrome Vader @TRU ! + set update

UK Chrome Darth Vader Opening  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I open the Precious Chromie?

• Yes, definately. Savour its goodness
    • No, save its value
    • I honestly don't mind what happens

Hello everyone! Haven't posted for a while.

I've literally just been to my local TRU to investigate which sets are there.

I was surprised to see first that a small Star Wars display had been introduced near the door.

Upon closer inspection, the display actually said...

FREE 4cm DARTH VADER MINIGURE WHEN YOU SPEND

Edited by The Rancor

I'm glad I was able to get some from certain German EB and BrickHorizon members, seems like the U.S. got screwed for a change. :grin:

It really is a great minifig, and I hope everyone that wants one will get one. :sweet:

Do you have any idea how long this offer will run? Because I can't think of anything Star Wars I want right now and if its only for today I'll have to run! This is great news!!

Excellent, I'll be able to visit my closest TRU on wednesday and i'm sure i'll be able to buy 30 quids worth of Lego lol

Was there any sign of any other themes? Or was it just new Star Wars and City?

Good news though, as I would like to get the red car.

This is great news! Which TRU did you visit? Any sightings of this in TRU Coventry? :cry_happy:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

@ Peppermint M: There was no new Star Wars - just a display with all the sets from January.

Apart from City, there are no other Summer sets, unfortunately :sceptic:

@Jammiedodger714: My closest TRU which I almost always use is TRU Poole in Dorset. I don't know about any other sightings yet.

Examining the survey results of the posters so far, I would guess that I need to "open the chromie to savour his goodness."

I'll wait a bit longer though :wink:

Edited by The Rancor

I wish I could like teleport to the U.K. TRU for one hour or something so I could get a Chrome Vader. :grin:

I really want to get one, but I probably won't. :sadnew::sad::hmpf_bad::sceptic:

Edited by ILikePi

It's on Brickset. Chrome Vader Article

And what's up with this? Since when has the US been screwed like this? :angry: (I am happy for you Europeans, but why is this offer not in the US also?) I don't even have a regular Vader!

Edited by Spyder

Anyone know how long this is going to continue? I don't need a chrome Vader that badly, but my dad is actually going to London next month, so I could ask him to get me something there if a TRU happens to be nearby.

I'm glad I was able to get some from certain German EB and BrickHorizon members, seems like the U.S. got screwed for a change. :grin:

canada's always screwed :hmpf_bad:

I don't even have a regular Vader!

me neither :sceptic:

Edited by prateek

Neither do I. I'm actually not a big Star Wars fan and only have five SW sets in total, but I always like chrome stuff or cool minifigs. :sweet:

Neither do I. I'm actually not a big Star Wars fan and only have five SW sets in total, but I always like chrome stuff or cool minifigs. :sweet:

Everyone loves chrome stuff and cool minifigs. :tongue:

I also don't have a Vader minifigure...

I wish that this promotion would be available in ALL TRU stores. :sceptic:

Anyone know how long this is going to continue? I don't need a chrome Vader that badly, but my dad is actually going to London next month, so I could ask him to get me something there if a TRU happens to be nearby.

Sets in England cost almost double to here, so you wont be saving too much. I know the price of the chrome vader went down on bricklink, so maybe if you really need one you should check there. US needs something like this.

Sets in England cost almost double to here, so you wont be saving too much. I know the price of the chrome vader went down on bricklink, so maybe if you really need one you should check there. US needs something like this.

I think that it's actually a good deal. The last time I checked BrickLink (a few hours ago), the price of the chrome Vaders were about $30 each. If you buy 30 Euros in stuff, you get an item worth about 22 Euros for free.

Well, the cheapest BL price is $30, and anything more than $10 is not worth it to me. :tongue: You may be right about the high UK prices balancing out the deal though.

Stupid question maybe, but a chrome DV, is it a metal minifig, or a plastic one with a chrome like finish?

It's plastic like any normal minifig, but it has been molded using a shiny metallic finish. The lightsaber hilt is the same pearl silver as the lightsabers in the other January Star Wars sets. The bag that the chrome Vader comes in is way too big, considering it's just the parts for a minifigure.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I wish I could go there but I do live in the Netherlands, how will I get to the UK from here? :tongue:

Hopefully something similair will come to my country too..

Err I don't suppose you happened to notice if there are any of the new Space Police sets yet in TRU UK?

Unless TLG has changed its mind since SP3 were announced, SP3 isn't being released in the UK this year. I think 2010 may have been a possibility.

Laurie

If anyone is in the Coventry area, the retail park has this offer on now. I am gettin' two of these babies! :cry_happy:

Greetings,

JD

The news has spread to Brickset and I think Brickhorizon as well, so hopefully many more UK Lego fans know about the news now.

Looking at the survey currently, on this post: 10 people don't mind what I do but 8 people want me to open my chrome Vader.

I'll open it later - I'll need to make sure my hands are spotless first :grin:

Hopefully my TRU will still have some Chrome Vaders in stock when the UK Star Wars Summer sets come out!

@ Jammiedodger: I think you can only get one at once, even if you spent £200. :sceptic:

Sign in to follow this