WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest

gallery_4229_64_59597.jpg

*Special thanks to Eurobricks Staff, Brickthing for the design of the poster*

The Contest:

Hey everyone, the long anticipated wait is finally over! I have been hearing people are tired of waiting and wondered when will the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 contest challenge begins? The Eurobricks LEGO Collectable Minifigures Contest has come a very very long way since we started our very first LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest, continuing with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest, following up with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest, LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest and concluded with the recent LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest. Eurobricks is proud to present for the sixth time of this brand new traditional challenging building contest for the months of March and April. So, come on everyone and gather your bricks and start building your contest entries!

What You're Building

We are opening 2 major Building Categories for our Eurobricks Community. It's much more challenging, interesting and exciting than before. More importantly, we want to see your imagination guide your building inspiration.

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 6. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category B - Build an Architectural Scene with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures

Build up to 24x24 vignette from any architectural design where you could display a combination of this special interacting scene of your selected minifigure from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 and any selected existing minifigures from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 5.

Where would you display one of these in Category A?

89new.jpg

Intergalactic Girl ~ Butcher ~ Mechanic ~ Genie ~ Leprechaun ~ Roman Soldier ~ Surgeon ~ Skater Girl

Bandit ~ Flamenco Dancer ~ Clockwork Robot ~ Minotaur ~ Alien ~ Celtic Warrior ~ Sleepyhead ~ Lady Liberty

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY A*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 6 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 6 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 6 like the Sleepyhead's teddy bear, Celtic Warrior's sword, Mechanic's wrench, Lady Liberty's tablet, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 6) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 23th of April, 2012 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

What architectural design will you choose to build and integrate this special interacting scene between your selected Series 6 minifigure and your selected minifigure within Series 1 to 5?

gallery_1558_51_211409.png

Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician

Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy

53.jpg

Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire

Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier

gallery_2351_109_63637.jpg

Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper

Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot

84.jpg

Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player

Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker

68.jpg

Detective ~ Pharaoh Queen ~ Aerobics Instructor ~ Zoo Keeper ~ Eskimo ~ Dwarf Warrior ~ Grenadier Guard ~ Gladiator

Godzilla ~ Circus Clown ~ Woodcutter ~ Snowboarder ~ Mafia Gangster ~ Graduate ~ Boxer ~ Cavewoman

89new.jpg

Intergalactic Girl ~ Butcher ~ Mechanic ~ Genie ~ Leprechaun ~ Roman Soldier ~ Surgeon ~ Skater Girl

Bandit ~ Flamenco Dancer ~ Clockwork Robot ~ Minotaur ~ Alien ~ Celtic Warrior ~ Sleepyhead ~ Lady Liberty

*IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE CATEGORY B RULES VERY CAREFULLY OR IT WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION*

Category B - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that display a special interacting architectural scene between your selected Series 6 minifigure and any amount of selected minifigures from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 5. The vignette measures up to 24 studs by 24 studs (No height limit). The minimum vignette size is 8 studs by 8 studs. So, you can only choose to design between these given measurements.
  2. The selected architectural design can be build in either minifigure scale or in LEGO Architecture scale like these following examples.
  3. The selected architectural design of your participating entry can be fictitious or non-fictitious.
  4. By definition of a "Architecture" or "Architectural"; The art and science of design and erecting buildings and other physical structures. A general term to describe buildings and other infrastructures. A style and method of design and construction. If you are unsure of your selection, please ASK ME!
  5. The vignette can be of any themes that will allow you to showcase the Architecture design for the special interacting scene in the best possible presentation.
  6. The vignette must contain at least one architectural design.
  7. You must provide the name of your designed architectural for the special interacting scene.
  8. All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.
  9. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigure accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  10. No Series 6 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 6 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 6 like the Sleepyhead's teddy bear, Celtic Warrior's sword, Mechanic's wrench, Lady Liberty's tablet, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  11. Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden.
  12. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  13. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  14. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the selected Series 6 minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of all LEGO Collectable minifigures used. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  15. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  16. No LDD entries.
  17. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  18. No digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed.
  19. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  20. The contest begins now and will end on the 23th of April, 2012 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  21. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  22. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

The Prizes!

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top vote recipients for each category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to DarkFang. He will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, TLG has generously sponsored these new lovely minifigures from Series 6 while Eurobricks sponsored all handling/shipping costs.

98promoprizes.jpg

Category A prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 set]

1st place: A choice of 6 of the new collectable minifigures from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

Category B prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 set]

1st place: A choice of 6 of the new collectable minifigures from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

*Important: All prizes are not in their sealed packet. All accessories will be included in the shipping*

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team

WhiteFang & Rufus

Another great contest Fangy! I am going to be sure to enter both categorizes this time. :sweet: (I got a bit lazy last time. :hmpf_bad: )

Great contest! However, I am a bit confused about the category 2 idea. Is it a vignette with a minifig (and an invisible one) and part of a building?

Another great contest Fangy! I am going to be sure to enter both categorizes this time. :sweet: (I got a bit lazy last time. :hmpf_bad: )

You better enter! This time, if you have noticed, the given deadline for submission is pretty long, and it is definitely one of the longest. No excuses for you! :tongue:

Great contest! However, I am a bit confused about the category 2 idea. Is it a vignette with a minifig (and an invisible one) and part of a building?

It is a vignette of the minimum size of 8 by 8 studs and up to a maximum of 24 by 24 studs. It MUST contain an invisible Series 6 minifigure and placed at least one Series 1 to 5 minifigures of your choice to display an interacting scene where there MUST be at least one architectural design of your choice in the vignette!

Is it better???

You better enter! This time, if you have noticed, the given deadline for submission is pretty long, and it is definitely one of the longest. No excuses for you! :tongue:

No I didn't notice. :blush: Feel free to give me a nudge if it's three or four days 'till the deadline and I haven't entered! :laugh:

I just may enter this. One question: when it refers to "8X8 studs", does this mean 8 studs long and 8 studs wide, or something else?

Edited by GeluNumber1

What's the reason for no LDD entries? (for any contest, not just this one)

Looking forward to all the stuff you guys make, always fun to see what you come up with

One question: when it refers to "8X8 studs", does this mean 8 studs long and 8 studs wide, or something else?

Yes.

What's the reason for no LDD entries? (for any contest, not just this one)

This is an Eurobricks LEGO Building Contest with the usage of actual LEGO bricks. So, in principle, we are looking at participants to contest through this approach as this is catered for LEGO builders and not LDD builders. Of course, we have LDD contests from time to time as well.

Ah, very good! I was beginning to think this contest got scrapped. :wink: Neat how Category B is in the spirit of Architecture Month, although I found the movie scene theme of the last one to be more challenging. I already have some good ideas and will gladly enter again if I can find the time, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with such a long submission time frame. :thumbup:

Can we use multiples of our chosen S6 minifig in our Category B entry?

Ah, very good! I was beginning to think this contest got scrapped. :wink: Neat how Category B is in the spirit of Architecture Month, although I found the movie scene theme of the last one to be more challenging. I already have some good ideas and will gladly enter again if I can find the time, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with such a long submission time frame. :thumbup:

Nope! It won't be scrapped, at least when I mentioned it inside the Series 6 review unless of course, I didn't give any hints for it in the future. And, this time is definitely the longest contest deadline ever for the CMF contest! So, better work on it! :tongue:

Can we use multiples of our chosen S6 minifig in our Category B entry?

I don't quite understand this question. The Series 6 minifigure for Category B is only exclusive to "one interaction" for that particular scene, and at least one or more other Collectable Minifigures of your choice from Series 1 to 5.

What I wanted to know is if I could use an army of Romans, but apparently not. Thanks. :classic:

So you want to use multiple invisible figs? Did you just buy a bunch on Bricklink or something? :laugh:

I know we wouldn't be allowed to show them in the entry pics, even if we were allowed to have multiples, but you could intend to have them in the scene and include them in the off-site picture gallery. :wink: Oh well, never mind.

EDIT: Very funny title pic, by the way! Kudos to Brickthing! :thumbup:

I always enjoy these contests. Seeing what people come up with and all. Good luck to all, category B looks to be an interesting one.

I know we wouldn't be allowed to show them in the entry pics, even if we were allowed to have multiples, but you could intend to have them in the scene and include them in the off-site picture gallery. :wink: Oh well, never mind.

As long you don't use any of those images to be reflected in the 4 deeplink images for the contesting entry in Category B, and only inform others that you got additional pictures through off-site gallery. I am fine. Just don't mislead the audience.

EDIT: Very funny title pic, by the way! Kudos to Brickthing! :thumbup:

I knew I forgotten something. Added the credits for the promotional poster!

Thank you Brickthing! :wub:

Part of Clause 10 for Category B states:

"You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 6 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 6 like the Sleepyhead's teddy bear, Celtic Warrior's sword, Mechanic's wrench, Lady Liberty's tablet, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minifigures and parts are allow in this category."

Does it mean the Butcher's t-bone steak, cleaver cannot be used? but we can use the butcher?

Edited by streifen

Does it mean the Butcher's t-bone steak, cleaver cannot be used? but we can use the butcher?

Given that it specifically states that the accessories cannoy be used either, I believe this is a big no to using the figure or its accessories.

But I would also guess that you could have a place in your vignette for the accessories to go!

I only just got around to joining Eurobricks, and this comp sounds like a great place to start. I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

I love building vignettes and I had a load of fun with my last entry!

Can't wait to enter. :classic:

This sounds like a particularly challenging contest. I look forward to entering.

Is there an entry thread and can I post pictures of the creation in the thread or do I link to them? :grin:

And heeeeere we go again :tongue:. I'm glad there's a long deadline, because I'm really really busy these days, so hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in enough time to get something up :sweet: