Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

V-wing

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This has to be my most unstable MOC to date. It falls apart by looking at it, making it the most challenging MOC to photograph. I used many minifig parts to hold it together, due to the crazy angle of the bottom plates. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but only if there were more parts in trans brown, to build a better cockpit.

4968588829_53d7b56eb9.jpg

4968588841_9e9fe9ec9e.jpg

4968588847_b38293e8e0.jpg

4968588873_2609e5e12f.jpg

4968588877_dd5fb2392c.jpg

4968588857_1fbca65c2e.jpg

Note: This is for a bigger project I hope to have done by the end of the month. :D

Wow! I love the studless appearance. Too bad it's unstable, becuase it looks really good :thumbup:

AWESOME V-wing '501st Commando', but I can see how this is unstable...but also unavoidable too ! :wink:

Still very good smooth studless design and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is an excellent example of a studless moc. Great Work! I love the front of the ship especially, as it makes great use of streamlining. I do have a question about the accuracy of the coloring. In episode three, the ships appear to have a dark grey/black theme, but you chose dark red and light grey. Was this influenced by the official set?

Great Moc!

Sirius

I like your unique SNOT approach to build the V-Wing, the smooth studless finish really looks sleek and cool. Though there maybe some accuracy issues (like the thick wings due to the SNOT approach), but the unconventional build somehow makes up for that. Too bad it's a bit unstable, but I guess it's just ok since it was never meant to be played with and for just display purposes only. Your photo presentation is also impressive. Very good job 501st Commando! :thumbup:

This is really cool! I like how you made the SNOT wings and the overall sleekness of the ship.

It doesn't really look too unstable from the pictures, but it probably is in real life!

Loving the SNOT look!

Yeah, those angles would be very hard to make without it being somewhat unstable.

Great job with it though!

Note: This is for a bigger project I hope to have done by the end of the month. :D

oooh looking forward to seeing this project. :sweet:

CF

Cool! Nice V-wing. :thumbup: It looks very cool, but it reminds me of Brickdoctor's V-wing...

This is an excellent example of a studless moc. Great Work! I love the front of the ship especially, as it makes great use of streamlining. I do have a question about the accuracy of the coloring. In episode three, the ships appear to have a dark grey/black theme, but you chose dark red and light grey. Was this influenced by the official set?

Great Moc!

Sirius

I like Republic colors over the bland Imperial colors, mainly just to keep it away from blandness.

@-Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

Cool! Nice V-wing. :thumbup: It looks very cool, but it reminds me of Brickdoctor's V-wing...

I was wondering why it looked familiar...

Nice job, 501st Commando! Would have been a little better if you'd have SNOTed the center strip, too, though.