Pirates Advent Calendar

113 replies to this topic  – Started by kris kelvin , Apr 24 2009 08:29 AM

#26 Sandy

Sandy
  • It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostCap'n Blackmoor, on Apr 24 2009, 06:56 PM, said:

The Castle event calendar had a complete turkey, furniture, fruits, fishies and cool minifigs.

The other guys are right, it didn't have a complete turkey (only a leg) and no fishies either. Only one apple, too. But you're right about the cool minifigs, though.

As for this Pirate Calendar, the lack of exclusive or "to-come" minifigs is really disappointing, but it's still a preliminary picture, so who knows what they might change before December! :wink:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#27 KimT

KimT
  • Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Apr 24 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

Woah! Pics of the advent calendars already?? :pir-oh3: Cool!
What you've never seen these pics before? :tongue:
Yeah it looks good, only sad thing is that this probably means "No Castle Advent Calendar this year"  :pir-cry_sad:
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#28 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger
  • Halfway through Englishman

Member: 3865

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Wow. That looks great! I like the new swordfish, and the minifigs rock too. :thumbup:  I never got the expensive sets, so I can now actually get Brick Beard! :pir-cry_happy:

Greetings,
JD

#29 Eilif

Eilif
  • Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

I'm American and Protestant, and I know what advent is.  I think most americans know what an advent calendar is, but might not know exactly what advent is.  

As to the calendar, I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it is available in the US this year, so I don't have to rely on a LEGO shipping snafu like I did for the Castle calendar last year. Based on last years prices and the current price hikes, if it is available in the USA, I suspect it will be in the neighborhood of 25-30 bucks but I'll still get it and the city calendar.  My wife and I do the LEGO advent calendars every year, and between the 24 day experience, the neat figs and pieces and the insert tray which is great for sorting, we've never felt that the cost was too high.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#30 Legoking

Legoking
  • Classic-Pirates' cabin boy

Member: 3200

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

This looks better than the castle advent calendar.

Edited by LegoKing, 24 April 2009 - 09:03 PM.

My MOC page
My Brickshelf
My Brickset   
My Current Trades

Credit of my wonderful drawn avatar goes to Hound Knight. Posted Image
I am the Lego King of the World!

Support the Pirates forum, buy your LEGO here!

#31 Admiral Rodgers

Admiral Rodgers

Member: 5669

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

This looks like a great set to buy for minifigures but doesn't look like it has any pirate-y accesories. I do like that swordfish :pir-tongue:
Posted Image''Honi soit qui mal y pense''  
'' Evil be to him who evil thinks'

While living in Nazi-occupied Paris during World War II, Picasso suffered harassment from the Gestapo. One officer allegedly asked him, upon seeing a photo of Guernica in his apartment, "Did you do that?" Picasso responded, "No, you did."

#32 SlyOwl

SlyOwl
  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!

Member: 2057

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

View PostSandy, on Apr 24 2009, 08:30 PM, said:

As for this Pirate Calendar, the lack of exclusive or "to-come" minifigs is really disappointing, but it's still a preliminary picture, so who knows what they might change before December! :wink:
It's worth noting that the Castaway comes with the semi-rare Dumbledore hair, as opposed to the rag-hat in Loot Island, which is a plus.

View PostAdmiral Rodgers, on Apr 24 2009, 10:22 PM, said:

This looks like a great set to buy for minifigures but doesn't look like it has any pirate-y accesories. I do like that swordfish :pir-tongue:
There'll be plenty. Each minifig will take up one day, as will the swordfish and the raft shown. The monkey will probably be on its own, with the banana. That's 11 days, leaving 14 for various accessories. As each minifig comes with a weapon, each of the remaining 14 days will be small Impulse-style builds :pir-wub:

To the barricades!
Posted Image

#33 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

I think the value on BL of some of these minifigs will drop, so that's a good thing too!

#34 TLV

TLV

Member: 5132

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

Looks really good. Wish it had come with an admiral though. apart from that i feel it'll be as good as the castle one. can't wait to see what accessories there will be!

#35 RocketSeason

RocketSeason

Member: 3856

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

Remember that this is preliminary box art.  The final figures may change.  And also,  it's not a swordfish.  Looks more like a sawtooth shark  Much like the shark from the old sets.

Very cool though!  I hope to see some great pieces in here.  (and hopefully a hint at things to come.)

#36 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:38 AM

This pirate advent calendar is great! I only hope that it's going to be available in the US. If not, I can predict that LEGO will lose over $1,000,000...

View PostJammiedodger714, on Apr 24 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

Wow. That looks great! I like the new swordfish, and the minifigs rock too. :thumbup:  I never got the expensive sets, so I can now actually get Brick Beard! :pir-cry_happy:

Greetings,
JD
It's the same for me! The only sets that I got were the smallest three, so I'm excited that you can get all of the expensive minifigures for only around $30!  :pir_laugh2:

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#37 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Now I'm thinking of it, an Admiral would have been a nice addition, or an extra soldier!
But we can't have them all. And now we have an idea about the minifigs content but what about the accessories?

#38 ILikePi

ILikePi

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

View PostSlyOwl, on Apr 25 2009, 04:14 AM, said:

As each minifig comes with a weapon, each of the remaining 14 days will be small Impulse-style builds :pir-wub:
Actually, there's only 24 days, not 25. :wink:

I'm hoping that the remaining days have some good accessories in them, like some gold pieces or a treasure chest, as I don't have any of them yet.  :pir_laugh2:

Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#39 Tanotrooper

Tanotrooper
  • TT Commander

Member: 1514

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:55 PM

I'm hoping that the admiral figure or something like him will be in the set. Nothing too special in the set otherwise...

This is just a test picture, since the city calendar appearently is only at the artwork stage.

TT
http://www.brickshel...i?m=Tanotrooper
Project Waterloo 1815: FINISHED AT THE MOMENT: 2 companies of the 1st bataillon of "le 45ème regiment d'infanterie de ligne" (pic=link)

Posted Image
  Posted Image
flickr

#40 ILikePi

ILikePi

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:35 AM

View PostTanotrooper, on Apr 28 2009, 12:55 PM, said:

I'm hoping that the admiral figure or something like him will be in the set. Nothing too special in the set otherwise...

This is just a test picture, since the city calendar appearently is only at the artwork stage.

TT
But they displayed some of the presents availiable inside the City Advent Calendar at the Toy Fair!
However, they didn't display the Pirates Advent Calendar, so maybe you're right.

#41 martinsuper

martinsuper
  • Black Sheep

Member: 5443

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

I hope it is available in the US! I would buy a couple for sure.

Furthermore, I think the one thing we are all missing is that this is a sign that there are more pirate sets yet to come. If they are making a pirate advent calender, I think an easy assumption would be that part two of the new pirate line might be available for Chistmas as well?

FINGERS CROSSED!

I think an easy answer would be the see how the old pirates sets were released, and how much time came in between them? Where can we find this info?

-Super

#42 Asquian

Asquian

Member: 5935

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

hah, the City advent calendar of last year is what got me back into collecting/building with Legos. This is awesome.

#43 The Cobra

The Cobra
  • RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostRocketSeason, on Apr 27 2009, 03:06 AM, said:

Remember that this is preliminary box art.  The final figures may change.

Leave out the castaway and the siren: 6 figs look almost exactly like those in the 6253 Shipwreck's hideout.
So I strongly hope some figs change!
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#44 Admiral M

Admiral M
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4862

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

Great! More sets! I agree with martin, there must be some new pirates sets coming our way! great find, kris!

YAHOO!
i'm havin' a party at my place, me and my minifigs
Admiral Michael, Commander of the British Northeastern Fleet, Governor of Port St. Brick

My LDD Navy:
HMS Panther-16 guns
HMS Monarch-10 guns
HMS Colossus-40+ guns
HMS Conquest-32 guns

go to my Brickshelf

and all in the name of the brick...

#45 JimBee

JimBee
  • Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:36 AM

The link doesn't seem to work, it just takes me to some website in a language (Slovenian, I think) I don't understand.

Anyway, I've already seen the picture and the calendar looks great. It's good to see the wench and mermaid both making more appearances since I don't want to spend so much on Brickbeard's Bounty. The swordfish look neat.

I don't why some people are complaining about not getting a Castle calendar this year- we just got one last year! And, it wasn't even "officially" available in the States. TLG can't make all the themes' calendars in year, just Town and another theme.

Posted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG
Stats | Bio

#46 CDC

CDC

Member: 6003

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

View PostJimButcher, on May 10 2009, 05:36 AM, said:

The link doesn't seem to work, it just takes me to some website in a language (Slovenian, I think) I don't understand.

Anyway, I've already seen the picture and the calendar looks great. It's good to see the wench and mermaid both making more appearances since I don't want to spend so much on Brickbeard's Bounty. The swordfish look neat.

I don't why some people are complaining about not getting a Castle calendar this year- we just got one last year! And, it wasn't even "officially" available in the States. TLG can't make all the themes' calendars in year, just Town and another theme.

Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its obviously not Slovenian, its Slovakian ! Look at the flag in the left corner.

There needs to be a facebook group ( http://www.facebook....?gid=8224530788 ) because we often get confused like this  :pir_laugh2:

Buy a globe or smtin.

Ontopic, i'm really looking forward to pirate advent calendars. They should be great even without 'special' minifigs or accessories. Im getting more then just one, thats for sure. :pir-skull:

#47 hewkii9

hewkii9
  • Can't figure out a sigfig!

Member: 618

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

View PostThe Cobra, on May 1 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

Leave out the castaway and the siren: 6 figs look almost exactly like those in the 6253 Shipwreck's hideout.
So I strongly hope some figs change!
I really hope we get a revamped Islander in the final set.

My Brickshelf - My Flickr

I was Amelia Warhog in Mafstraw Manor, Christopher Wilder in Prohibition Mafia, one half of Rocky Broomwell in Hogwarts Mafia, and Hans Keen in Eurodina!

#48 supertoad64

supertoad64

Member: 4083

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

i love it. i'll definitely buy a couple just to have some more mermaids. i kinda wish the head on the soldier was not the same black mustache head, though, as it is so ubiquitous in the current castle line and especially in pirates. it also would have been nice if one of the figs would have been entirely new, but that's probably me being spoiled after the awesome castle advent calendar

#49 legomilk

legomilk
  • German Correspondent

Member: 513

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

new 6299

Posted Image

link http://www.amazon.co...ゴ...85&sr=1-170

#50 Ratshot

Ratshot
  • Thank you for your contributions!

Member: 4799

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

I might pick up the calender on Ebay. Depends on how much money I can muster after Christmas though.

My flickr

Posted Image
1969 Dodge Charger RT

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links