Robert8

Who's your heir?

What's gonna happen to your LEGO collection after you die? :jollyroger: Have you ever thought about it?

We can't take our sets to the grave, so, who will get them? Who's your heir?

Morbid topic but been on my mind as well on and off. I guess my wife and kids will decide. I hope they keep my lego room as a shrine but really that's just vain. I have joked to them i hope to come back as one of the minfigs in my layout. Not sure thoughh which one yet ;-)

I'm taking everything with me. Including my dog. It hasn't been proven conclusively that I can't do it. But, it may be a moot point as I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Seriously, I couldn't care less and don't think about it.

Edited by Off the wall

I want all my Lego to be used to build my coffin :devil:

But i also plan on living forever, or die trying

Edited by Modelmaker

But i also plan on living forever, or die trying

Thats an awesome idea! Still a waste of Lego for just a coffin... I think I'm not that old yet to think about things like that.

Oh lord... your funeral is going to be in the news :thumbup:

OK that is sad :cry_sad:

But I see that one of the things on his bucket list is to ride an Elephant.

Many of my friends are elephant trainers (don't ask)

So I have emailed all of them the site to see if any of them can help.

Hopefully one of them will step in and help him cross that off his list.

Edited by Modelmaker

My wife would only care about the monetary value to help pay for my funeral, I'm sure. My daughter and I play together all of the time, so she'd be sad if the LEGO had to go away. So I'm sure I'd just give it to her provided she was still interested. Otherwise, sell it all to make some money back on my after-life costs.

I'm not going anywhere, up or down, until I get proof there are no steps! :sweet:

Edited by grum64

As I'm not going anywhere, up or down, until I get proof there are no steps! :sweet:

You just put the song Stairway to Heaven in a whole different perspective.

It's actually in my will that my collections (plural, including things like comic books, action figures, and other non-LEGO stuff) go to the Children's Hospital.

They can (if they so desire) sell off any that might be of value, and any less profitable items can find a more direct use by their unfortunate patrons.

I had to inquire if they would accept such a donation prior to including this clause though (at my solicitors insistance), as not all organizations are open to these sorts of donations.

I suppose it will go to my kids, but since my oldest is 5, I will have to stipulate that he doesn't get it (at least not all at once) until he's older and would actually know what to do with all of it.

Still on topic, I read a quote somewhere (don't remember where) that said, "I hope when I die that my wife doesn't sell all my Lego for what I told her I paid for it." :)

Edited by rodiziorobs

My daughter does not want my lego. :sick:

However I have told her that it is valuable and she should take time selling it for reasonable prices.

If she has children before my death I will bequeath some specific sets to them, if they are interested in lego by then.

I have a few other plans, but nothing is set in concrete or Kragle, yet. :laugh:

I will suggest that some of the money from anything sold should be donated to Fairy Bricks.

All my stuff will go to my son, no matter how old he is. He can do with it what he will, because it doesn't really matter. I will hopefully have a pretty near complete superhero collection(I'll never have some of them, SDCC exclusives and toy fair figs are inflated and ridiculous), and he can sell it off if he wants. I'd like to think he'd keep it in honor of me though.

I am actually a bit worried that we are slowly going towards a world where lego will be one of the least important things to worry about,.. if it isnt allready.

I see myself priviliged to be able to play with lego in these crazy times,..

When the day comes my body is no more, i hope someone who enjoyed it just as much as myself will be able to 'play' with it :)

Edited by Sylvian

My two girls! Though being raised in Japan means they're also into Pretty Cure Princess dolls, they know the value of dad's LEGO! Plus they love making princess MOCs with LEGO Leia! They are fed a daily diet of both LEGO and Star Wars!

Hm, if I was to get hit by a bus tomorrow it would likely go to friends younger brother because he is the only one I would trust! Parts of my non lego collection would go to other non-hooligan friends. When I inevitably die in the far future (Im shooting for 2099) it would go to my grand children it the consent of my kids and/or robot clone body.