Hello, guys! I want to introduce my debut work on LEGO Ideas – "The Mirror of Galadriel". The project is dedicated to the iconic episode from Lord of the Rings - The Mirror of Galadriel. In this episode the Lorien queen Galadriel shows Frodo his future with help of magic elven mirror.

The set consists of approximately 100 pieces and 2 minifigures. It has a playing feature with hidden container in elven wellspring.

LINK: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85110

1664851-o_196ag7pk8ol1b5u12sb1lfi1s48-full.jpg

1664890-o_196agiljk1qdmt7k1po0l8b11rp-full.jpg

1664893-o_196agj00i3l53nh1ltn1nl81mq712-full.jpg

1664905-o_196agl75h38r1bd11dgqof51uud26-full.jpg

1664911-o_196agm3711gbeb46aqj1ubr167r2o-full.jpg

1664920-o_196agnmaf1vck1qc54ke1tg41pqu3j-full.jpg

Edited by Ecclesiastes
Removed Lego Ideas references.

You did a nice job recreating this scene. The trouble it might have with being produced into a set is the fact that we just got Galadriel in a set. Usually, Middle Earth sets introduce at least one new character in a set to stimulate demand since this theme is so character driven. The fact there is not really an action sequence or conflict here would make it difficult to promote to children. I think the Riddles for the Ring had the same trouble as well. Again, a very nice scene, however it does not really introduce anything new to the line.

As per the EB rules, let's discuss the MOC primarily and the Ideas side of it should remain secondary.

I think it's a great MOC. Simple in terms of the build difficulty yet it effectively captures the source material. The hidden cyrstal is a nice touch. Nice work.

Very nice. That would be a lovely set to display :classic: .

I like the play features and the look of the build! :wink:

Edited by Balbo