Sign in to follow this  
Faefrost

Netflix just added a bunch of Lego shows

It looks like Netflix has added a decent number of Lego TV shows to their streaming service. I see the first two Ninjago story arcs (Skellies and Rise of the Snakes), a few Bionacle movies, a Friends shows and the Atlantis movie. Woot!

That's very cool. I don't use Netflix myself, but I can see a lot of kids and perhaps even adults becoming exposed to LEGO movies and specials through Netflix a lot more easily than they might if they had to find and buy actual disks.

I can thoroughly recommend the Ninjago TV show and the first BIONICLE movie (BIONICLE: Mask of Light) to anyone. The next three BIONICLE movies probably don't have the same appeal to people who aren't already BIONICLE fans, since the first is a very iconic adventure/coming-of-age story and the later ones may require a bit more investment in the characters and the universe to really appreciate.

I have not seen the LEGO Friends TV special, and I really ought to, but the CGI is putting me off a bit. Other LEGO works have very cartoony non-human CGI characters, whereas LEGO Friends uses more lifelike characters who are at least teetering on the edge of the uncanny valley. I much prefer the the characters in a 2D illustrated style as seen in some of the LEGO Friends activity books and promotional material.

The Adventures of Clutch Powers is a fun romp with a lot of LEGO-related humor. The characters are humorous and engaging, and there are definitely some AFOL easter eggs to enjoy. It's bit of a shame that didn't become an ongoing franchise, especially when the ending left things open for further adventures.

The LEGO Atlantis TV special is OK and has some neat characters, but I didn't find it nearly as interesting as a lot of other LEGO works.

The LEGO Star Wars TV specials are HILARIOUS for me even as a casual Star Wars fan, and probably even moreso for a dedicated fan who can pick up on more of the easter eggs. But I can't find any evidence that those are on Netflix. :sad:

Were these just pulled??? My kids were thrilled but now they're crushed. Anyone finding them now?

EDIT: just saw in another forum a bunch of people also saying they're gone. One person said they called NFLX and were told that Lego pulled the titles. Boo hiss.

Edited by anthonymoody

That is unfortunate. I had no idea they were even on there, only to find out now that they aren't on there. Obviously it doesn't matter in the long run, but it would have been neat to show the Friends one to my daughter since she likes that show.