Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Here are a few official sets I made in LDD:

They are all missing some minor things, like printing on the minifig torsos, and I've replaced some parts with others (for example, the awnings on the Grand Emporium). The biggest thing that is missing is the bell tower from the Fire Brigade, as far as I can tell LDD does not have the Bellville arches...yet.

Excellent work - I'm trying to build the Grand Emporium myself in LDD too, maybe I'll tackle the other buildings later. I will make one suggestion though: With the text at the front of the shop, even though it isn't possible to have flexible rods in LDD yet, it never hurts to compromise. I did this:

It looks a little ugly, but hey, it's better than it not being there at all. :P

Other sets I've assembled in LDD (I only have an image-hosting space so no model downloads, sorry - instructions for these sets can be found at http://www.brickset.com/ ):

Passenger Plane set 3181 (It's possible to stay true to the instructions with this set, but the special plane body pieces have some clipping issues, especially the rear bits. They're easy to work-around though.)

Heavy Hauler set 7998 (It's near-impossible to make the "hydraulics" under the lorry hoppers fit into this model correctly due to the lorry hopper pieces having glitchy clipping, plus the sloped panel ontop of the cab doesn't fit as it should - If you do build this model you'll have to make some compromises)

Sports Car set 8402 (lol, what to do when your wheel falls off, eh?)

Small Car set 3177 (Beep beep!)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/130/d/c/2148_LEGO_Truck_set_by_darkhoodness.jpg'>Image

Truck set 2148 (An old model - LDD doesn't have the hinged wedge that goes on top of the cab so I had to "emulate" that, and also the other missing parts).

Hobby Train set 10183, configuration 1 (Who has LDD and hasn't built this? Original model apart from the electrical pickup arms - I replaced them with the ones I made when I built my own trains, 'cause they look better. Hehe.)

I've also built all 3 models of the beach houses but someone else beat me to it, meaning there isn't much point in me uploading them. :P

Edited by Calabar

will make one suggestion though: With the text at the front of the shop, even though it isn't possible to have flexible rods in LDD yet, it never hurts to compromise. I did this:

Other sets I've assembled in LDD (I only have an image-hosting space so no model downloads, sorry)

Great work! I think you can actually upload LXF-files even on image sharing sites if you either zip them, or change the suffix to .jpg. Otherwise, why not open a free Brickshelf account.

Regaring texting of the word "SHOP", you're idea to at least have it square is excellent. You got me thinking, would it be possible to make like 45 increments with the H and O? You probably have to use some jig to make the 45 degree increment, then place the letters and then remove the jig (in a sence having the H and O floating in the air).

UPDATE 10/28/2010: Updated to LDD 4. I started with 8969 4-Wheeling Pursuit from the Agents theme.

8969_4-wheeling_pursuit.png

LXF File

Errors:

• Any printed and stickered parts that are not available on LDD have been left blank.
  • The cockpit dome of the helicopter cannot fit over the control console due to a part boundary error. It has been left to the side.

Edited by Aanchir

Here's the first one I've gotten to relative completion. Some parts (specifically, the tail and windshield of the helicopter) are not connected because LDD does not recognize them as legal connections. The hood of the main vehicle is not attached because the clips do not exist in LDD. All printed parts are printed accurately if possible, or left blank if not possible.

Excellent work, Aanchir. The two parts that didn't attach (windshield and tail) I'll make sure to report to Lego. The tail is a bit special because it look like it will not fit in LDD because the studs are in the way, but it has obviously been used in an official set, so something is not right.

@Aanchir

Good work! You can assemble the helicopter frontal glass if you leave it a little opened (barely inclined in ahead).

The tail don't assemble because of a millimetrical collision between the jet engine and the studs of orange "wing" under it.

About the hood of the main vehicle, you can assemble it using 1x1 clips + 1x1 plates instead than 2x1 clips, if you want.

Wow, that's one h-ll of a big town plan. How does LDD handle such massive models?

And I really like that you gave Johnnhiszippy3 credit for using his modular houses :thumbup: . I think we should be really careful to give the original makers credit.

i got no problems, also i didnt devide the whole town to smaller parts like mentioned. it lags when i move a building but when they are in position i can pan the whole project without lag. :classic:

Made a 7998 also.

7998_complete.jpg

Only thing that didn't worked well was the hinging back of the buckets...

Further no probs.

Check my My LDD brickshelf (when public)

furthermore some more official models

7639_official.jpg

7635_4wd_and_horsetrailer.jpg

All LXF files available on the above mentioned brickshelf.

For comments please PM or email me!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Seeing as I can't get the set in real life, I thought I'd have the fun of building it on LDD. :classic:

10198 Tantive IV moved to this page.

Next up: 10188 Death Star!

Edited by ADHO15

I'm pretty sure that if you add any more buildings to this, your computer will crash.

If you import the buildings as separate files and add them as an individual group you can hide what you're not using. This makes LDD run heaps faster.

Seeing as I can't get the set in real life, I thought I'd have the fun of building it on LDD. :classic:

Absolutetly marvelous work on those Tantive ships! Lookin' really good :thumbup:

And regarding 10188 Death Start....NOW we're talking!

Oh, and by the way....any chance we'll see those mighty vessels as downloadable LXF-files?

@JunkstyleGio

But 7639 set shoud not use lime green?

I hope to see your brickself folder public as son as possible!

@ADHO15

What about .lxf files? :laugh:

I also made a few changes to create the Revenge Of The Sith version:

:laugh: I love that Yoda, I never thought the jester hat would work(It is the the jester hat, right?). Can we also get some close ups of the figs, I love seeing what people do with the limited printing in LDD. :tongue:

I also made a few changes to create the Revenge Of The Sith version:

:laugh: That Yoda is awesome :thumbup:

Absolutetly marvelous work on those Tantive ships! Lookin' really good :thumbup:

And regarding 10188 Death Start....NOW we're talking!

Thank you very much, Superkalle. :sweet:

You'll have to wait a while, I'm afraid. It's a big set. :grin:

Oh, and by the way....any chance we'll see those mighty vessels as downloadable LXF-files?
@ADHO15

What about .lxf files? :laugh:

You can have the lxf files when I figure out how to give them to you. :classic:

:laugh: I love that Yoda, I never thought the jester hat would work(It is the the jester hat, right?). Can we also get some close ups of the figs, I love seeing what people do with the limited printing in LDD. :tongue:

It is the jester hat. It was the first part I saw that sort of matched the shape of his head. :laugh:

Sure. I'll take some more pics soon and make the other figs from the scene.

:laugh: That Yoda is awesome :thumbup:

Thanks, prateek! :tongue:

Once again simply outstanding work Johnnhiszippy3 :thumbup: Soon we'll have a pretty impressive library of sets made in LDD.

Tried to make the 7599 Garbage Truck Getaway.

It has two parts missing. I couldn't find them.

I've replaced them with the parts showing in RED in the picture....

Does anybody know if these parts are available in LDD?

7599_garbage_truck_getaway.jpg

LDD File

Does anybody know if these parts are available in LDD?

I don't think it does, but your substitutions look good :thumbup:

I need to download some of these LXF's. there's bricks in some of them that I don't have, as I started out with version 3.0... I downloaded the first one with the pharoh's tomb and got so many new molds that I almost passed out. I'd been wanting a pith helmet and rifle and... all kinds of bricks from that set. I was jumping around like a kid on christmas.

Actually... if you guys don't mind, I'd like to be pointed out to a thread with outdated LDD bricks, or if you didn't mind, post the ones you have that are no longer available here or in a new thread. (Snakes! I have snakes now! and aligators!.... sorry.)

Edit:

I just found the information about expanding my LDD to the Universe edition. This has me so excited I'm having a hard time focusing enough to actually modify my program. Seeing some of the stuff you have all posted using this has me hardly able to concentrate. This is awesome.

Edit to edit:

I have made many existing sets. I will not post some of the ones I used in here as they are part of my comic and don't fit the standards of how you have asked them be displayed here. But if you would like to see them, as I have edited them and brought some of them to life, you are welcome to click the link in my sig. *most of it is safe for work, but a couple or three are not.* I use a photo editing tool to edit the bricks so they stand out more. (I get asked by LDD users why my ldd pngs look different from theirs.)

Edited by Randal

It is Lotso's dump truck:

Episode III JSF:

And I also made this:

Edited by Superkalle
Images removed not to confuse indexing + missing LXF files

Combined with what other people have uploaded, I think this should round out the Creator houses:

once again you rock my friend :classic:

It is Lotso's dump truck:

Episode III JSF:

And I also made this:

Looks fabulous. Please share LXF-files too as this is the purpose of this thread. Thanks!!

This weekend i've worked on the farm line of Lego City....

So here they are:

7634_tractor.jpg

LDD file

One piece is not correct!

7684_pigfarm_and_tractor.jpg

LDD file

Great set! But yet there are no piggies on this farm.....

7637_farm.jpg

LDD file

..... there is no rope on LDD......

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Great work!

There is an error in the second link (it points to the thumbnail instead than LDD file).

It is possible to get the file, however, but it could not be easy for inexperienced users.

PS: Now we have an index in the first page!