BrickCurve

(Moc) Kaliphlin Inland Sea Fort

My First Moc (free build) for the Guilds of Historica, it is located on the edge of the inland sea.

One of the first settlements there it is soon to be followed with major expansion.

14940313941_8ab1d4757e.jpg

14942993162_bc76c62234.jpg

14943353565_ca3f3ecca6.jpg

14756811197_5d0dca7293.jpg

14756687800_ce5c83065e.jpg

14756811867_2f385fff0f.jpg

14920371316_d95fd793c6.jpg

14756676699_1acbc6cfd0.jpg

14756745658_7bb7a6028e.jpg

14920373136_0ac6d88092.jpg

14943357325_f85dac0ee2.jpg

14940276941_0f01f7a7de.jpg

Edited by BrickCurve

For a first MOC this is really great! I love that you used the old dragon heraldica and those colors. Also the landscaping is very good! Well done and welcome to GoH! :classic:

For a first MOC this is really great! I love that you used the old dragon heraldica and those colors. Also the landscaping is very good! Well done and welcome to GoH! :classic:

Thank you very much mephistopheles!

Nice tower and landscaping. The mine is a nice touch, you're fortunate kaliphlin's resources are close to the surface ;-)

You can deep link images from Flickr by clicking on the share icon (third from bottom right hand side). Copy the BB code for medium and paste it to your post. Your pic will then show up in your post :-)

If that's your first moc, then i look forward to see your future mocs! It allready has some interesting building techniques, and lots of detail, very promising!

Fantastic intro BrickCurve. I love the base, the different terrain looks great, especially the mine and the grass lands. I can feel the stiff sea breeze! It's very atmospheric. What an awesome fort. Where is this in Kaliphlin?

14940313941_8ab1d4757e_z.jpg

edit: linked photo

Edited by robuko

Nice first moc, it's impressive that you've made a round tower and the landscaping is excellent. If I were to offer a little advice however, I would make some texture variations/discolorations in the walls to make them a little more realistic. Overall very nice work :thumbup:

Awesome first MOC, I love the foliage a lot because it makes the place seem more "uninhabited" and the water looks nice too! :thumbup:

Great Job BrickCurve, You've done great for your first build. The Terrain, Mine, Tower, Border, You name it and it looks great.

I do agree that the Fort could be more weathered, but it's apparently newer so it's not a big deal. If you do want to make it weathered, I'd recommend using these on the wall in place and putting leaves on them.

But great job for your first build.

I really like how you continued the 1x2 brick + 1x1 cylinder from the round tower into the straight wall section. It gives a nice solidarity to the overall impression.

Fantastic intro BrickCurve. I love the base, the different terrain looks great, especially the mine and the grass lands. I can feel the stiff sea breeze! It's very atmospheric. What an awesome fort. Where is this in Kaliphlin?

14940313941_8ab1d4757e_z.jpg

edit: linked photo

Nice tower and landscaping. The mine is a nice touch, you're fortunate kaliphlin's resources are close to the surface ;-)

You can deep link images from Flickr by clicking on the share icon (third from bottom right hand side). Copy the BB code for medium and paste it to your post. Your pic will then show up in your post :-)

Thank you for all the positive comments, the fort is located on the edge of the inland sea. I tried to deeplink photos but when ever i clicked preview post it just came up as a link.

Edited by BrickCurve

Hey very nice first MOC!! The mix between light gray and dark gray works very well, the foliage is also very well done and the overall look of the MOC is very good. Congrats

excellent job with the round tower!!! Also a very nice nature you made around your building :)

Lovely first moc Brickcurve! The overall plan is very appealing and it has lots of nice detail to look at. :thumbup: I like the small quarry, it makes it seem like the defenders still plan to add to the existing fort. The landscaping makes me think this is on the north border of the inland sea somewhere, close to Avalonia. Is this going to be your sigfig's base?

Your sea fort is a great addition to Kaliphlin's defences. Looking forward to seeing what you come with next! :classic:

Great first MOC, the foamy water looks really good and both the tower and landscape are well done! :thumbup: The inclusion of the dwarf's hole is really neat too, and I like that border!

If you hit the larger arrow button on the lower right hand corner of the black box on the desired picture's page on Flickr, you'll see a Code option (under Share), hit BBCode, and then select the desired size: the final code should look like this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oLe1PF][img=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14940313941_8ab1d4757e.jpg][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/oLe1PF]Kaliphlin inland sea fort[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/127022024@N08/]BrickCurve[/url], on Flickr

You can get rid of the bottom, like so:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oLe1PF][img=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14940313941_8ab1d4757e.jpg][/url]

(If you don't you'll end up with this:

Kaliphlin inland sea fort by BrickCurve, on Flickr

underneath the picture.)

Here's a tutorial that might be helpful.

Very cool border and I really like how you've alternated dark bley and bley in the walls :thumbup: The little section with dwarves working is really neat too :wub:

Sweet 1st moc man.. I really like the tower and the section with the dwarves at dark bl grey between the green folliage! Nice contrast..

UoP DoH +1 for Architecture: Round Walls and Towers.

You probably should add the claim to this thread, as the UoP thread can easily be bumped from the first page.