Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

Let's make EB more of a community

Well guys, i thought this would be a good topic to start.i personally kind of think of EB as a community, and want it to be more-so.Becouse of recent behavior i have noticed i think it would be good to have a place where people can learn to express their feelings without big bold angery yellings at each other.We all need to learn to calm down, and breathe.......... THEN post.

so although those are my other ideas, thats not really the point of the topic.it's more to express your opinions of how this awesome site, could be come even more awesome, and more of a comminity

so, i'll start

first, think before you post, i know some people, including me, are so sure there right that they just post...

here's a situation,

They did their reaseach, so did you.But you don't know they did theirs, so you just go and accuse them of being wrong. Why people? Becouse gess what, belive it or not, sometimes you are wrong, and somtimes you just need to face it.and even more crazy, is that somtimes - More that 1 person is right.so also do reasearch from THEIR ANGLE, you might even find eveidence that YOU are wrong.

please, don't just close this topic

read it, and think, and post.i really want to see what your opinions are.

*sweet* ;-) *y* *y* *y* Now LETS MAKE THIS A BETTER SITE! *y* *y* *y* ;-) *sweet*

legoman

I can't speak for the whole staff, but IMO, this is a good idea for a topic and I'd like to see what people think... :-)

This is a good idea LegoMan!

I for one, don't like it when people have a conversation in one of my MOC topics, Everytime I have a new post I check it hoping for some nice comments, but sometimes it's just two people talking.

That's one thing I don't like. 8-|

I also wish Counts have more PM space, but that's a whole different story ;-)

I think alot of people would like it so when you post a picture the forum itself will atomatically resize the pic for youse. X-D

This seems like it must have been sparked by something but I don't know what *wacko* Mind PMing me with what inspired this? :-D

What you're saying makes sense of course, people need to take a step back and not get so worked up over things :-P

Well, most annoyed post appear in the new set threads. *Cough, the RGS, cough* X-D

For one, I think EB is more of a community than other sites, though sometimes people just need to use their common sense and think a bit. :-)

Will

I'm wrong all the time, and drunk harrr!!! :-P

Just kidding, let's just be friendly to one another.

And be able to take a joke and don't take it so personal.

This community has grown on me the past months and i love it here, it's up to us to keep it that way! *y*

Fun and friendly community on!! *sweet*

Kinda funny to see a post like this pop up here, from my point of view at least. I spend a lot of time reading forums for my other obsession (World of Warcraft), and let me just say that the sheer amount of raging bs, ignorance, rudeness, and spite that is spawned there by the minute makes everyone here look like a bunch of angels *wub*

In general though, you are completely right. Think before you type, and even more so, think from the other person's point of view. And most importantly, be willing to admit when you are wrong (or at least be willing to shut up! :-D ).

I don't like how people filp off if you are right. SO ANNOYING.

lthough its a good topic - people and human nature will always be there, emotion and conflicting ideas, along with stubbornness will always weaken the walls of a sane happy community - but the point beyond that is I guess we can.. try ;-)

Although I digress - Eurobricks is somewhat a great community, just maybe not conversing on a one on one scale, but rather every post speaking to the group. If you really want to get to know anyone more, you might have to pick them out and talk with them one on one, by any means, messenger or PM's.

Eurobricks already seems like a cheery place in my eyes somewhat, though :-)

In my opinion LegoMan makes a very good point that not only applies to forums, but also to behaviour in general: people should show some more consideration towards eachothers viewpoints and feelings. But in this respect, the Eurobricks forum already is loads better than most other forums I know. Much of this is probably owed to our great team of admins and mods, but I also think people follow the example set by those members who have become such an integral part of the Eurobricks community. I don't know how things were before I joined, but in general Eurobricks members seem to treat eachother with a lot of respect and consideration, and it is exactly this attitude that makes Eurobricks such a great and friendly community.

WOW, this is great guys.

it seems a lot of people are very happy with this place.

lets keep up the good work everyone! ;-)

It mostly occurs in "new set pics" threads ;-)

I always thought an EB Chat would be nice, BL and Classic Castle have one :-)

Thats just my opinion though.....

Other than that this is a great place *sweet*

P

I always thought an EB Chat would be nice

Excellent suggestion! I'd would welcome the opportunity to engage fellow members in casual conversation and getting to know them better on a personal level. I think a feature like that would further strengthen the community feeling. *sweet*

Excellent suggestion! I'd would welcome the opportunity to engage fellow members in casual conversation and getting to know them better on a personal level. I think a feature like that would further strengthen the community feeling. *sweet*

I would really like that as well. Though, I think if one was made it should be used by special rank only.

I've had conversations with people via PM, that's just not as much fun. |-/

*sweet*

I would really like that as well. Though, I think if one was made it should be used by special rank only.

*sweet*

I agree, just like with Polls and since there probably would be spamming, we would need a Chat Mod or instead have the Staff monitor it.

P

From what I understand, there used to be a chat feature, before my time, that became too much trouble to moderate.

From what I understand, there used to be a chat feature, before my time, that became too much trouble to moderate.

Really?That must have been a very long time ago then :-D

P

Yes there where a chat, but it was impossible to moderate, and ended bad..

So it is gone again....

Yes there where a chat, but it was impossible to moderate, and ended bad..

So it is gone again....

Probably for the best too, it can get really out of hand really fast if someone isn't there 24/7...

I've heard of the pre-UB era ( X-D ) chat channel too, and I can imagine what happened. :-/

I could set up an un-official chat channel though, which is easy to moderate, and the administration team could get OP-status. Anyone interested? *sweet*

Probably for the best too, it can get really out of hand really fast if someone isn't there 24/7...

As a matter of fact, I'm on IRC almost 24/7.. :-D

I've heard of the pre-UB era ( X-D ) chat channel too, and I can imagine what happened. :-/

I could set up an un-official chat channel though, which is easy to moderate, and the administration team could get OP-status. Anyone interested? *sweet*

As a matter of fact, I'm on IRC almost 24/7.. :-D

I'd be interested in that, that would be cool.