Erynlasgalen

Destruction in Petraea

It was like any other day in the capitol city of Petraea, with its sunny skies and hot breezes. Stories of a Mage, Victor Revolword, had started creeping through the city, and tales of destruction and chaos were being told in all the taverns.

As fear and uncertainly started creeping through the city, the citizens became increasing worried that their city could become over run as well. They shouldn't have any fear, some said, as the Royal Guard was in the city to keep them safe and no one would dare attack them at this point.

Alas, those people were wrong and the malice of Victor extended into their fair city as well. Outnumbered by the evil that was quickly taking over the city, the Royal Guards gave up their posts and concentrated on getting as many of its citizens out of the city and to safer ground.

Victor Revolwood had better be careful, as he has won this battle- but the people of Kaliphlin do not give up so easily. Cities are can be destroyed, villages burned and flooded -but it takes much more to break the spirits of our people.

7720830668_33f2d9e30a_z.jpg

7720750166_6cbeaaf464_z.jpg

7720752016_19698d4040_z.jpg

7720750844_6613194152_z.jpg

7720751514_d5569df392_z.jpg

7720795870_ee8e3ec971_z.jpg

7720752796_a0e1bd09b7_z.jpg

Extra Details:

While browsing through some of my old photos for inspiration I came across a picture saved of a old striped building that just screamed to be made in Lego. Many bricks and curses later this is what I came up with. I severely underestimated the amount of bricks and plates that it would take to get to look, but in the end I think it was worth it. After condensing the size and taking some of the details I wanted out, I just made it under the size guidelines for this one.

You can click on the links to go to the original photo on Flickr, I will be adding a few more pictures there tonight, but I wanted to get the bulk of them up before the deadline. For some reason, the photos look a lot crisper on Flickr then when I uploaded them here, but it could be my imagination or computer or browser.. or all of them, lol. Just edited with new photos, looks much better than before.

Hope you all enjoy it, thanks for taking the time to look! C&C are more than welcome.

Edited by Erynlasgalen

This is a great entry! I like the dragon, with all the flames as well as the burning building and the use of the flesh bricks. This struck me immediately as being very Kaliphlin-esqe and I love your variety of citizenry. Excellent job!

Another excellent entry! The elemental looks very intimidating, interesting part usage for the eyes too :thumbup:

The buildings look great and the scene with the soldiers helping the citizens to evacuate is top-notch.

I'm a little confused by what looks to be a micro-scale village inside the curving wall in front of the door to the main building, is that what it's supposed to be?

Superb work on your fire as well :classic:

Good job!

I like the colors and the action.

Solid work on the elemental too.

The transition between scorched and not yet scorched could use a little work, though I am not sure how to fix that!

Another good entry for you. Watch out guys-- she's a challenge pro!!

Great entry sister of Kaliphlin!!

The buildings show perfectly the greatness of our capital city! (showed, as they are becoming ruins :( )

Also nice job on making the ashes!

And the action of the minifigures is great too!

I'm a little confused by what looks to be a micro-scale village inside the curving wall in front of the door to the main building, is that what it's supposed to be?

The micro village actually extends from the front side all the way to the back where the villagers are. The wall behind it was very plain, so I got creative in finding a new way to incorporate some more micro work in the piece.

The transition between scorched and not yet scorched could use a little work, though I am not sure how to fix that!

That is one thing I wish I could have done a little more with, but my choice of color scheme got in the way. I think if I could have afforded to buy some more of the dark orange plates it would have broken up the black a little more and the transition would have been smoother. I brick-linked the pieces and almost had a heart attack, so I had to scrap the idea and keep soldiering on without them. As I was building it the black became more of a symbol the Victor's evil spreading and engulfing things, so I was able to get past my hang-ups with it.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I really appreciate it!

Add me to the list of those who love the colors. I love the buildind and the contrast of the tan plate separating the nougat color brick is perfect.

good job

I do like the colours here, that nougat is great.

wow1 lots of great action, you nailed the destruction!

I really like this moc too. The choice of color is simply superb and looks ever so Kaliphlin. Great entry!!

Very nice build Erynlasgalen. Love the Ruskinian building design (there's a lot of these in Manchester, UK where I grew up). The blackening of the smaller building looks great, and the smoke effect is noteworthy. I really like the minifig posing, the nobility and heroism of the Kaliphlin Royal Guard is justly depicted. That scraggy evil fire beast will find us better prepared next time. A terrible tragedy for this disaster to occur even in the heart of Kaliphlin, but we shall prevail!

:classic:

Nice color usage! I think you did a great job with the back of the burnt out house with the greys. Nice elemental as well!default_thumbup.gif

Mmmmmmm, donout great colour combo!!!(sounds like Homer) :wink:

Wow! This is awesome! So much to like! The half burnt out house, the microbuild with the same colours as the moc, the dragon... The list could go on and on!

Great entry and best of luck in the contest!

Wow, this one of my favorite entries, very well done.

Good luck on the contest. :classic:

Stunning entry Erynlasgalen, the colour scheme is superb and the contrast between the intact and destroyed building is very well handled. I really like the posing of the elemental dragon on the side of the building too, it looks ready to spring into action! :thumbup: My favourite part of elemental would have to be it's tail, the way it fans and the spiked ends are just perfect. The wings are pretty boss too. The neck looks a bit weak though - maybe some flags or curved slopes attached to the back of the head could cover that join?

I can't finish without mentioning your minifig posing and microscale in the background either - both are fantastic and complement the scene brilliantly. Top work and best of luck! :classic:

My favourite part of elemental would have to be it's tail, the way it fans and the spiked ends are just perfect. The wings are pretty boss too. The neck looks a bit weak though - maybe some flags or curved slopes attached to the back of the head could cover that join?

Thanks for the suggestion on the flags for the neck, I am going to have to see if I have any black ones and try them out. I originally tried to use some of the curved slopes, but they either made the head too heavy or interfered with the neck rotation too much. Flags are much lighter, so that might be the perfect solution.

Thanks again for all the comments everyone! Glad you enjoyed it!