Sign in to follow this  
______

MOC British Fishing Ship

thindexedgif.gif 110D

6280874536_13f996fb87.jpg

An 18th-19th century sailing ship similar to the ships used down my local river a couple hundred years ago.

6280361751_4cfd086024.jpg

My favourite image of the ship of a dad teaching his son to fish, the deck of this ship is made using the SNOT technique, the tan bricks are all on their side. It is an easy way to make a smooth deck! :pir-tongue:

6280370209_b991ced3c3.jpg

Here is my least favourite part of the ship, I don't know whether the stern looks good enough yet, but it will suffice for now! :pir_laugh2:

That is my latest ship, I wanted to build a small ship, not used for war (like all my other ships :pir-look:) and I am quite happy with the way it turned out. As normal any comments and criticism are certainly appreciated (and adhered to!)

:jollyroger:

The stern could indeed use a bit more work, but otherly than that the ship is looking good. I would like to see more pictures about the deck, and you could make the crows nest to the ship even its not a war ship. Riggind is somewhat missing because of that IMO.

Nice!

I really like this kind of ship!

It looks like the ship that I stole from the bluecoats :pir_laugh2:

Though Katarina is refitted into a battle-sloop, and yours just stays how he should be.

Greetz Bjornu

I like the coloration. I also think the sails and masts look very nice. I do not mind the stern and I like the way you used just the shutters from the windows there.

A fishing or merchant ship is someting we need to see more of around here. I wonder if they would use nets as well as fishing poles though.

What I would change, however, is the rigging. The thread you used is just too thin! I think you should consider using a thicker string or yarn to make it all pop. I would also consider making the bow less boxy.

Yes the string really annoys me, I may have to get it thicker string, I found the string I used on the HMS Maverick was my favourite. That would also give me an opportunity to give my vessel some nets as well.

The bow was slightly unavoidable with my amount of dark red pieces however i'm happy with how the bow turned out anyways.

Thank you everyone for the comments!

:jollyroger:

Lovely little ship. The smaller ships are the hardest to build in my opinion as your piece choices become so limited and you don't have the scale and size to work around some of the limitations. Great color and detail. She looks a wee bit stumpy at the bow but I still love it.

The bow is indeed a bit stump, but I like the colourscheme and the stripes on the sails.

I also like the deck. Perhaps you could make the mainsail a bit longer towards the deck.

Outside of that, great job :thumbup: