The Legonater

Heroica RPG - Quest #113: Mystery in the Mines

~-This Quest is for chosen heroes only. If you are interested in joining Heroica RPG, visit the

Heroica Rules and FAQ topic to learn how to do so-~

quest113_legonatertitle.png

The heroes make their way to the docks. After looking around, they notice a large ship bearing the Duplovian flag. As they approach, they find the knight that summoned them earlier waiting for them. He gives a friendly wave.

docks.jpg

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

Greetings, heroes! Some of you already know me - I'm Aves, knight of Duplovia. It's been some time since you helped sign the peace treaty between Duplovia and Delfrin. Almost a year, isn't it? Since then our two kingdoms have worked together on the Garran Mines, approximately halfway between them. For a long time we were making a good deal of progress, and real unity seemed to be building between us.

About a month ago, we lost contact with the mines. We sent a search and rescue team lead by Captain Korr Dovanna, but they have not returned. We are fearing the rest, and so we have come back to you. Hopefully we can solve this mystery with ease!

Party:

15018446326_243e44eab5_o.jpgAlexander Vandangant (Wedge09) *Party Leader*

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 24.66

Power: 35 (LVL 22+WP 13)

Defense: 6(Chevalier of Charis armor + Dream Helm)

Health: 38/38 (6 + 20 + 6 + 4 + 2 Chicken Drumstick)

Gold: 350

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP:11 13 due to Hunter's Quiver darkness-, ice-elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Dream Helm (SP: 4, wearer immune to asleep and fast asleep, artifact, headwear), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Bleeding; handwear)

Inventory: Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two typers at the same time), Trickster's Mask of the Gender-Swap

Grand Potion (2), Potions (10), Remedies (2), Tonic (2), Venoms (6), Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Military Grade Fire Bomb, Lightning Bob, Elven Bomb, First Aid Kit (Consumable), Meads (3), Weak potion (2), Weak Regeneration Potion (1), Weak Regeneration Tonic (1), Smelling Salt (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bones (6), Skeleton Decoy, Charcoal, Phoenix Essence (2), Grating Stone

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

harkenshire_sig.jpg

Name: William Harkenshire

Level: 19.5 Warden

Power: 31

Health: 34/34

Gold: 79

SP: 14

Equipment: Croise Crossbow (WP: 12), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Mirror Shield (SP:10, user is immune to light-elemental damage; shield)

Inventory:Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded; Fire; Hastened), Hand Cannon (WP: 5; Lightning ,Wood), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, suitable for Knights), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom x3, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11; Darkness; Cursed Effect), 4 Fire Bombs, Water Bomb, Elixer, Military Grade Water Bomb, Military Grade Lightning Bomb, Bone x2, Magic Saucepan, Nostrum, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), 1 fine Montresorian Wine, Mead, (Shard of Wood: WP 1 Dagger)

1aa.jpg Thalion Dwinlas, the Super Sleuth and School Inspector (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level: 29 1/3 *Immune to Fragile, Sealed* *Causes Jinxed on successful hits*

Power: 42 (Level 29 + WP 13)

Defense: 7 (3 + 4)

Health: 37/37 (5 + 28 + 4)

Ether: 44/44 (5 + 28 + 5 + 1 + 5)

Gold: 800

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity toSealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear, Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Gems: Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth), Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Blindness (2), Scroll of Frailty (2), Scroll of Weakening (2), Scroll of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep (2)

Weapons:Sleeper (WP:5, deals Asleep to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Nostrum stored], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13, darkness-elemental, throwing weapon

Ribcage Shield (SP:9; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to Doomed and Sudden Death for as long the shield has SP left)

Artifacts:Sterile Gloves (Immunity to Poisoned and Bleeding, handwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing, headwear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent Reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Winged Sandals (Protects from Bound and Slowed effects, footwear), Cloak of Necrotic Shielding(SP: 3, provides SPECIAL GUARD against Undead Enemies, backwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle, backwearBumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

Consumables: Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the transcended and inspired effects for the duration of one battle), Kraken Fang (Grants hastened and reinforced effects when consumed), Grand Potion (6), Potion (2), Smelling Salts (3), Nostrum (6), Mead, Elixir, Ether Core, Grand Tonic, Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Bone (2), Venom, Smoke Bomb, Deluxe Skeleton Decoy, Skeleton Decoy

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 11 Mage

Power: 19 (11 levels + 8 WP) (+3 front row)

Defense: 0 front row or 3 back row. (Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion)

Health: 15/15 (4 base + 9 lvl)

Ether: 15/15 (5 base + 9 lvl)

Gold: 225

Equipment:

-Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect)

-Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion (Wearer gains Power +3 while on the front row or SP:3 while on the back row; bodywear, suitable for barbarians and mages)

-Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies; spear), Hood of the Dark Druid (wearer absorbs Wood- and Darkness-elemental damage: headwear, suitable for druids only)

Consumables: Potion, Remedy, Dragon Scale

QM Note: Sorry for the wait! Thank you all for joining, and welcome to Quest 113! Please confirm your participation by posting in this topic within 24 hours. Also remember to check your stats, and be sure to tell me if you've made any purchases in the marketplace. Thanks again!

Edited by The Legonater

Siercon walks up still organizing his new wares from his last minute trip to the Marketplace.

+ Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, 4 x Potion, 2 x Mead

He listened to Aves, wondered what may have happened in the caves to both nations. Or perhaps Duplovia was simply being overpowered by Delfrin...

"We'll do our best to help find your lost men and find out what's going wrong" Siercon said, hoping that they weren't already dead.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Thalion approaches the boat and spots Siercon, "Greetings! I dont believe we've had the pleasure of meeting." He bows slightly, "Thalion Dwinlas." As William comes he greets him with a smile, "Nice to see you again master William." He looks around but doesn't see Alexander anywhere. Thalion turns to Aves and smiles, "Greetings, Aves! It has indeed been a long time, and I am glad to see you again! Tell me did you have any contact with Delfrin regarding the mines? Do they have any information?"

Edited by -obelix-

OOC: Sorry for the so late reply, I just see now there was the topic, sorry again. :cry_happy: I upgraded my bow from WP 11 to WP 13, so it became 15, then I equipped the Hunter's Quiver disequipping he Sterile Gloves.

Alexander rushed from the Market to the Port; he was late for the meeting with the Duplovian emissary and he has little time. He reached the ship with the Duplovian flag and, walking in, Alexander heard a known voice asking for information.

"Thalion, my friend! It's a pleasure to be in quest with you again!" He is really happy to meet again with his frind with whom he did a lot. The he turns to Aves "Aves, it's a pleasure to help again Duplovia and Delfrin." For now he hasn't question, he heard Thalion asking what he would ask so he turned to the other heroes "Sir William, we meet again." he said with a nod to the archer, then he turned to the fourth hero "I'm Alexander Vandangant, Sir..." he didn't ever saw this hero, even if it seemed quite skilled...

Edited by Wedge09

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

Ah! You're all here, excellent! Aves makes a motion to someone, and the ship sets sail.

Thalion turns to Aves and smiles, "Greetings, Aves! It has indeed been a long time, and I am glad to see you again! Tell me did you have any contact with Delfrin regarding the mines? Do they have any information?"

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

I'm afraid Delfrin is in much the situation we are. I believe they also have tried to send a rescue team, with similar results. With the Mines in the state they are, the nearby town of Garran has refused to let people pass, making communications back and forth take even longer. The only way to find out what's going on is to go down there and see for ourselves.

Party:

15018446326_243e44eab5_o.jpgAlexander Vandangant (Wedge09) *Party Leader*

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 24.66

Power: 37 (LVL 22+WP 15)

Defense: 6(Chevalier of Charis armor + Dream Helm)

Health: 38/38 (6 + 20 + 6 + 4 + 2 Chicken Drumstick)

Gold: 350

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP:13 15 due to Hunter's Quiver darkness-, ice-elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Dream Helm (SP: 4, wearer immune to asleep and fast asleep, artifact, headwear), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two typers at the same time)

Inventory: Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Trickster's Mask of the Gender-Swap, Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Bleeding; handwear)

Grand Potion (2), Potions (10), Remedies (2), Tonic (2), Venoms (6), Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Military Grade Fire Bomb, Lightning Bob, Elven Bomb, First Aid Kit (Consumable), Meads (3), Weak potion (2), Weak Regeneration Potion (1), Weak Regeneration Tonic (1), Smelling Salt (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bones (6), Skeleton Decoy, Charcoal, Phoenix Essence (2), Grating Stone

harkenshire_sig.jpg

Name: William Harkenshire

Level: 19.5 Warden

Power: 31

Health: 34/34

Gold: 79

SP: 14

Equipment: Croise Crossbow (WP: 12), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Mirror Shield (SP:10, user is immune to light-elemental damage; shield)

Inventory:Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded; Fire; Hastened), Hand Cannon (WP: 5; Lightning ,Wood), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, suitable for Knights), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom x3, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11; Darkness; Cursed Effect), 4 Fire Bombs, Water Bomb, Elixer, Military Grade Water Bomb, Military Grade Lightning Bomb, Bone x2, Magic Saucepan, Nostrum, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), 1 fine Montresorian Wine, Mead, (Shard of Wood: WP 1 Dagger)

1aa.jpg Thalion Dwinlas, the Super Sleuth and School Inspector (-obelix-)

Level: 29 1/3 *Immune to Fragile, Sealed* *Causes Jinxed on successful hits*

Power: 42 (Level 29 + WP 13)

Defense: 7 (3 + 4)

Health: 37/37 (5 + 28 + 4)

Ether: 44/44 (5 + 28 + 5 + 1 + 5)

Gold: 800

Equipment: Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity toSealed, bodywear), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to Fragile, headwear, Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional Jinxed effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Gems: Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth), Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Blindness (2), Scroll of Frailty (2), Scroll of Weakening (2), Scroll of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep (2)

Weapons:Sleeper (WP:5, deals Asleep to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Nostrum stored], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13, darkness-elemental, throwing weapon

Ribcage Shield (SP:9; every time the wielder takes a hit, the shield loses one SP; gives immunity to Doomed and Sudden Death for as long the shield has SP left)

Artifacts:Sterile Gloves (Immunity to Poisoned and Bleeding, handwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing, headwear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent Reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Winged Sandals (Protects from Bound and Slowed effects, footwear), Cloak of Necrotic Shielding(SP: 3, provides SPECIAL GUARD against Undead Enemies, backwear), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle, backwearBumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons; headwear)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

Consumables: Copy of The Eubric Herald (Gives the target the transcended and inspired effects for the duration of one battle), Kraken Fang (Grants hastened and reinforced effects when consumed), Grand Potion (6), Potion (2), Smelling Salts (3), Nostrum (6), Mead, Elixir, Ether Core, Grand Tonic, Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Bone (2), Venom, Smoke Bomb, Deluxe Skeleton Decoy, Skeleton Decoy

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 11 Mage

Power: 19 (11 levels + 8 WP) (+3 front row)

Defense: 0 front row or 3 back row. (Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion)

Health: 15/15 (4 base + 9 lvl)

Ether: 15/15 (5 base + 9 lvl)

Gold: 225

Equipment:

-Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect)

-Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion (Wearer gains Power +3 while on the front row or SP:3 while on the back row; bodywear, suitable for barbarians and mages)

-Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies; spear), Hood of the Dark Druid (wearer absorbs Wood- and Darkness-elemental damage: headwear, suitable for druids only), Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Consumables: Potion (5), Remedy, Dragon Scale, Mead (2),

"Thalion, my friend! It's a pleasure to be in quest with you again!" He is really happy to meet again with his frind with whom he did a lot.

Thalion smiles as he see Alexander approaching the group, "Mae g'ovannen Alexander, my friend! It is a true pleasure to see and quest with you again."

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

I'm afraid Delfrin is in much the situation we are. I believe they also have tried to send a rescue team, with similar results. With the Mines in the state they are, the nearby town of Garran has refused to let people pass, making communications back and forth take even longer. The only way to find out what's going on is to go down there and see for ourselves.

"And this town, Garran, is it a neutral to Duplovia and Delfrin to refuse passing through its territory?"

Thalion approaches the boat and spots Siercon, "Greetings! I dont believe we've had the pleasure of meeting." He bows slightly, "Thalion Dwinlas." "

"The honor is mine." Siercon replies with a similar gesture only slightly more orient.

"Sir William, we meet again." he said with a nod to the archer, then he turned to the fourth hero "I'm Alexander Vandangant, Sir..." he didn't ever saw this hero, even if it seemed quite skilled...

Siercon replied "I am Siercon, and am truly glad to be joining you three." This greeting was subtly reverberated to the others like the standard new friend name bounce echo. With this, Siercon made it a point to memorize their names as he oh-so-hated asking multiple times... though this happened quite often.

"And this town, Garran, is it a neutral to Duplovia and Delfrin to refuse passing through its territory?"

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

Garran is a smaller village that was set up between Duplovia and Delfrin by people who believed they could serve as peacekeepers and end the war. Because of it's location, it suddenly became a moving ground for armies on both sides, and the village devoted to peace was turned into a decisive military target. Had it been built at in a different age, perhaps Garran would have became a kingdom in it's own right, instead it stands as a small town ravaged by battle. Now that the war is over, the people there merely want to be left alone. They at first were pleased to help support the mine that could bring peace. Instead they now feel it's only bringing more trouble to them.

aves_zps31f36016.jpg

Garran is a smaller village that was set up between Duplovia and Delfrin by people who believed they could serve as peacekeepers and end the war. Because of it's location, it suddenly became a moving ground for armies on both sides, and the village devoted to peace was turned into a decisive military target. Had it been built at in a different age, perhaps Garran would have became a kingdom in it's own right, instead it stands as a small town ravaged by battle. Now that the war is over, the people there merely want to be left alone. They at first were pleased to help support the mine that could bring peace. Instead they now feel it's only bringing more trouble to them.

"Hmmm... Understandable, I would guess they fear that any trouble with mine could cause a new war, with them right in the middle. But I can tell you that we will do whatever we can to find out what is the problem and deal with it!" Thalion says with a firm conviction, and yet part of his mind goes back to their last visit to Duplovia, and the terrorist they didn't manage to defeat. He ponders for a moment if they could be in the heart of these troubles as well by trying to instigate another war.

Edited by -obelix-

After some time, the heroes land on the other side of the Crystalline Sea. They trek through the Kingdoms before finding a sight that's familiar to some of the party...

8562271034_ab291acf47_z.jpg

...Harbid's Great Walls of Duplovia.

The Heroes stand in awe of the walls for a moment as Aves arranges their entrance. Not forgetting the last time heroes entered Duplovia, they are hurried through the city instead of being shown in any sort of display. With barely enough time to take in the immense size of the city, the heroes are brought to Castle of Duplovia.

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Heroes! It's been some time.

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Yet not a moment to soon. I am King Somoril, of Duplovia. It's a deep pleasure to meet you.

"Back in Duplovia... once again... " thinks Alexander watching the gates as Aves arranges their entrances. The last time he was here, they were an ambush by an assassins, this time they go directly to the Castle "the question of the mine should be very, very important..." thinks Alexander as they rush through the city.

Then they arrived in the presence of the king "King Somoril, it's a pleasure to meet you again in a moment of need." says the elven archer with a nod before turning for a moment to Eyric Rone "It's a pleasure to meet you again too."

Then, after the other heroes introduce theirselves, Alexander goes to the point "Time to plan: King Somoril, can you explain in detail the story behind this mine and the near city of Garran? Please not omit anything that would be helpful, as well as all the people involved."

Siercon did not wish to repeat the question of the mines as it had been adequately and quickly brought up by William and Alexander. Rather he gave his formal greetings and stepped aside to observe.

He noticed the odd window out from the others, and the same but more ornate helmet on this seemingly higher ranked honor guard. But mostly, he eyed the black cup being carried by this peasant with a huge happy grin in stark contrast to the urgency the others displayed. Siercon knew goblets similar to this to be rarer and often darker items but unfamiliar with Duplovian noble wares and customs, considered this to possibly be natural, and the peasant to probably be lacking knowledge of the current serious events. Still Siercon studied him all the same, and fisted one of his remedies... he wasn't sure why he was so on edge, but imagined it was cause he was in a new location, among more powerful heroes than he'd journeyed with before... He wanted to do his part.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Thalion bows as he enters the hall, "Your Majesty, master Rone, my lords and ladies, it is a true pleasure to see you all again." He then moves to the side and awaits for the answers to question from his fellow heroes.

Siercon observes the throne room quietly. He feels a sense of unease about it, but he can't place it. The peasant somehow seems irrelevant to this sensation.

"Hello King Somoril, is there anything you can tell us about the mines and why you may have lost contact."

Then, after the other heroes introduce theirselves, Alexander goes to the point "Time to plan: King Somoril, can you explain in detail the story behind this mine and the near city of Garran? Please not omit anything that would be helpful, as well as all the people involved."

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Of course, of course. Not long after the treaty was signed, we began to work on the Garran Mines, or the Mines of the Treaty. King Aldruss of Delfin and I agreed that if this treaty were to work, we'd need something to unite the two kingdoms. The mine was our solution. Together we'd work through the Garran Mines, building a bridge between our countries figuratively and almost literally. We had assistance from the Norghs, obviously, but save that this mine was constructed solely from Duplovia and Delfrin.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Then we lost contact.

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Yes, Just over a month ago we lost contact with the Garran Mines. We waited for a while, but nothing was changing. Duplovia and Delfrin each sent a search party, ours led by Captain Korr Dovanna and their's lead by Lieutenant Col Lachterson. Garran offered to assist, but their military force is negligible at best, mostly being made up of part-time farmers. Neither Dovanna or Lachterson have reported back, and many are worried about the implications of this. Similarly, our kingdoms believe these mines to be essential to the uniting of Duplovia and Delfrin, and can not condone them potentially falling into the wrong hands.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Unfortunately, Garran agrees. They believe that anything going wrong with the mines will collapse our fragile peace, and that war will return. Even worse, it would lead to a third party in possession of a staging base right next door to them. Garran's locked up, refusing access in or out. I'd call it martial law, but again, there really is no military force. Still, Garran is pressuring both kingdoms to solve this soon. As if we needed more pressure.

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Under Eyric Rone here's advisement, you heroes have been called in. You will help us find what's wrong with the mine, and if necessary, take it back.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Your guides will be myself, and Captain Quellir.

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Long time no see.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

We have little mapped out of the mine. Most of those materials were contained inside the mine itself, so we'll have to find those as we go or we'll be walking blind. We do, however, have this map of the entrance:

mines_1.png

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

We'll figure out what we can, and move forward. We're prepped to deal with unseen trouble, but you should be wary of the tunnels. The caves are practically infested with all sort of wildlife, so be careful. Our secondary object is to rescue Captain Dovanna, if possible.

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Korr is an old friend of mine. I trained him, and he's one of the best men this country has got. We need him back.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

I can't guarantee what you'll find down there. If something goes wrong - and I mean really wrong - survival comes before the mission. As much as this is search and rescue, this is also recon. If we discover something in those tunnels, it needs to get out. I hope that's clear.

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Any questions?

Siercon spoke up. "Are there any supplies other than what we have brought with us, that you'd suggest to get before we go? If not, I'm ready." Siercon looked at the other heroes.

IMG_1819_zpsb8ee755f.jpg

Any questions?

Thalion listens carefully at the situation the party is about to face and in the end replies, "No questions. I am ready to head out. I would just like to say that it is good to have you with us..." He adds looking at Rone and Quellir.

Alexander listen carefully to the King explanation then he nodded "I haven't question, for now. If all are ready, I think we can go and investigate." he pauses before adding one last thing "I hope Captain Quellir and Master Eyric Rone will accompany us in this new adventure...?"

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

As I said, we'll be your guides and your guards. If that's all, I think we can move out. If you have any more questions, you can ask us there.

The heroes stay the night, and awake well-rested. The six of them pack up and trek across the countryside. After a long journey they arrive at the opening of the mines....

img_0697.jpg

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Well that's ominous.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Anybody got a way to lighten this up?

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Anybody got a way to lighten this up?

"Aye." Thalion nods, and spends one Ether to crate an orb of Light to light up the entrance.

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Nice.

The group moves forward a ways. The cave expands into a larger chamber, part of it still engulfed in darkness. Hissing can be heard from the void.

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Thalion, brighten it up a little.

The sorcerer complies, and the room is filled with light...

wildmen.jpg

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Norgh Wildmen!

IMG_1813_zps7d0cbd6e.jpg

Watch yourselves!

The Enemies:

img_0702.jpg

Wild Spearman A

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Long Reach -
The Wild Spearman attacks, then moves to the back row for a round

img_0702.jpg

Wild Spearman B

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Long Reach -

img_0702.jpg

Wild Spearman C

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Long Reach -

img_0703.jpg

Wild Chainman A

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Whip It
- The Wild Chainman attacks twice

Passive Special:
It's Not Too Late
- Wild Chainman's level increases by 5 when another Wild Chainman is killed

img_0703.jpg

Wild Chainman B

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Whip It

Passive Special:
It's Not Too Late

img_0703.jpg

Wild Chainman C

Humanoid Beast

Level:

Health

Defense:

Special:
Whip It

Passive Special:
It's Not Too Late

The Party:

15018446326_243e44eab5_o.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09) *Party Leader*

99 years old elf Hunter

Level 24.66

Power
: 37 (LVL 22+WP 15)

Defense
: 6(Chevalier of Charis armor + Dream Helm)

Health
: 38/38 (6 + 20 + 6 + 4 + 2 Chicken Drumstick)

Gold
: 350

Equipment
: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP:
15 due to Hunter's Quiver
darkness-
ice-
elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Dream Helm (SP: 4, wearer immune to
asleep
and
fast asleep
, artifact, headwear), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two typers at the same time)

Inventory:
Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Trickster's Mask of the Gender-Swap, Sterile Gloves (Immune to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
; handwear)

harkenshire_sig.jpg

Name:
William Harkenshire

Level:
19.5 Warden

Power:

Health:
34/34

Gold:

SP:

Equipment:
Croise Crossbow (WP: 12), Chimera Armor (Torsowear, Suitable for Knights and Barbarians, +2 SP, +2 Health), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to Knights, Dragoons and Skirmishers; accessory), Mirror Shield (SP:10, user is immune to light-elemental damage; shield)

Inventory:
Repeating Crossbow (WP: 5 May not be upgraded;
Fire
; Hastened), Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
Lightning
Wood
), Lion Knight Shield (SP: 4, suitable for Knights), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement), Sapphire, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Venom x3, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Wave Sword (WP: 11;
Darkness
; Cursed Effect), 4 Fire Bombs, Water Bomb, Elixer, Military Grade Water Bomb, Military Grade Lightning Bomb, Bone x2, Magic Saucepan, Nostrum, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), 1 fine Montresorian Wine, Mead, (Shard of Wood: WP 1 Dagger)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas, the Super Sleuth and School Inspector (-obelix-)

Level:
29 1/3 *Immune to
Fragile
Sealed
* *Causes
Jinxed
on successful hits*

Power:
42 (Level 29 + WP 13)

Defense
: 7
(3 + 4)

Health:
37/37
(5 + 28 + 4)

Ether:
44/44
(5 + 28 +
+ 1 + 5)

Gold
: 800

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether,
staves
), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, Immunity to
Sealed,
bodywear
), Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile,
headwear
, Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including
Razzmatazz
and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional
Jinxed
effect, increasing their ether cost by 1;
suitable for sorcerers; accessory
)

Inventory
:

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (
Fire
), Opal (
Ice
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Blindness (2), Scroll of Frailty (2), Scroll of Weakening (2), Scroll of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep (2)

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Nostrum stored],
melee/throwing weapon
), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits,
dagger
), Batarang (WP:13,
darkness
-elemental,
throwing weapon

Artifacts:
Sterile Gloves (Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
handwear
), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
headwear
), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent
Reinforced
-effect, doubling defense;
suitable to marauders; backwear
), Winged Sandals (Protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects,
footwear
), Cloak of Necrotic Shielding(SP: 3, provides SPECIAL GUARD against Undead Enemies,
backwear
), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle,
backwear
Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer;
bodywear
), Dragoon's Helmet (SP:3, makes wearer absorb attacks of the element of their pet dragon, gaining health instead of damage; suitable for dragoons;
headwear
)

Tools
: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

Consumables
: Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
and
inspired
effects for the duration of one battle), Kraken Fang (Grants
hastened
and
reinforced
effects when consumed), Grand Potion (6), Potion (2), Smelling Salts (3), Nostrum (6), Mead, Elixir, Ether Core, Grand Tonic, Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Bone (2), Venom, Smoke Bomb, Deluxe Skeleton Decoy, Skeleton Decoy

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown
(Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 11 Mage

Power:
(11 levels + 8 WP) (+3 front row)

Defense:
front row or
back row. (Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion)

Health:
15/15
(4 base + 9 lvl)

Ether:
15/15
(5 base + 9 lvl)

Gold:

Equipment:

-Lullaby Wand
(WP:8, sleep effect)

-Robe of the Dastanian Pongcanis Champion (
Wearer gains Power +3 while on the front row or SP:3 while on the back row; bodywear, suitable for barbarians and mages)

-Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)

Inventory:
Topaz
(
Lightning
)
, Diamond
(
Light
)
, Bedroll, Scroll of
Sleep
, Shield
(SP:1)
, Sanctified Rito Spear,
(WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies; spear)
, Hood of the Dark Druid
(wearer absorbs
Wood
- and Darkness
-elemental damage: headwear, suitable for druids only)
, Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Consumables:
Potion (5), Remedy, Dragon Scale, Mead (2)

IMG_1816_zpsb0c9914f.jpg

Quellir

Level 10 Knight

Health: 20/20

SP: 5

Inventory: Duplovian Broadsword (WP:10)

Shield:
Take Charge:
Becomes
Encouraged
for two rounds

Party Leader, please provide an Order of Actions.

Everyone, please state any actions and their targets that you plan to perform. Remember that you may move up to three squares in a turn, attacking or using an item once during those moves.

Any enemy left untargeted will receive a Free Action.

Edited by The Legonater

"This isn't starting well...!" mutters Alexander seeing the enemies attacking; he attack Wild Chainman B from the back row.

Battle Order:

Thalion attacks Wild Chainman A from the front row.

Alexander - Wild Chainman B from the back row.

Quellir - Wild Spearman A from the front row.

William - Wild Spearman B the back row.

Siercon - Wild Spearman C from the front row.

Free hits

Free hit: Wild Chainman C on Thalion

"Should I attack from the front with my Wave Sword? It is more effective against such humanoid creatures than my crossbow."

William shoots Wild Spearman B from the back row

Edited by Fred Daniel Yam

Siercon attacks Wild Spearman C with his Lullaby wand from the front row. "Hopefully this will connect, and put this beast to sleep." Siercon thought.