Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

LEGO Group will take over Czech production

The LEGO Group and Flextronics have decided that the LEGO Group will take over operations at the Kladno packing and processing plant in the Czech Republic. The take over will take effect from 1 March 2008.

The 700 employees will change employer, but their conditions will not change due to the take-over. The LEGO Group already owns the buildings and equipment at the Kladno site.

The Kladno site is a strategic manufacturing location for the LEGO Group, due to its nearness to the Group

So, obviously things were already in motion to correct the few rumblings I had been hearing about quality issues. Sounds like this is nothing but 100% win *y*

So, obviously things were already in motion to correct the few rumblings I had been hearing about quality issues. Sounds like this is nothing but 100% win *y*

Lets hopes so, this sounds like good news.

Thanks Legomilk.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

well, i hope it doesn't detract them from their core business of designing models and sets.

Its times like this that I'm reminded that Lego isn't just a fun toy and hobby of mine.

Its a huge business making million$ each year, while putting out a fun toy that some folks incorporate into a hobby. ;-)

Hope everything goes as planned for all parties.

Intresting, I wonder if this was due to problems with outsourcing or a desire for TLG to have greater control over packing, more responsive to demand and so on.

I doubt we're going to notice any diffrence as the only set I have ever had that was wrongly packed a bought in the states.