ZCerberus

The Arbiter II In progress

And I thought that I had a lot too do! All great mocs! 8-o

Thank you... Yeah, the Arbiter is going to get a make over. I built in about 2 days over Christmas and I have since had some time to reflect on the design. I am redoing a fair amount of the stern castle, the masts, working on some interior stuff, lengthening the hull and adding some more sailors. Target completion is march when I am home on spring break.

Also, I saw your post in Phred's thread, another Minnesota connection!

so your from Mn too!

I guess MN. is a lego state!

Of course MN. is awsome when is comes to Legos. After, we have a good supply of lego because of Mall of America's Lego Imagination Center.

Of course MN. is awsome when is comes to Legos. After, we have a good supply of lego because of Mall of America's Lego Imagination Center.

Yes! It is kind of a crapshoot as to which parts are available through pick-a-brick, and when one bin is empty they just throw in a new one, but the harbor would have never been built without it!

This thread is way off topic but oh well. X-D

Yeah, Wisconsin doesn't have a lego store in the whole state |-/ .

We have to go to MN or Chicago to go to one.

But i think we wisconsinites aren't too bad of MOC'ers. I mean check out my friend's MOC on EB.

I don't think we're too shabby even if we must drive 4-5 hours before we reach a lego store :-P .

BTW (even more off topic):

Z those are some awesome movies you have in your collection!! *y* *y* :'-)

Almost every single one of them movies i wish i owned or i already own.

But i think we wisconsinites aren't too bad of MOC'ers...

I don't think we're too shabby even if we must drive 4-5 hours before we reach a lego store :-P .

I don't recall saying this MADE us good MOCers, just that it was a good state to BE a MOCer. Especially if you live the in twin cities metro area!! The LEGO Imagination Center in the Mall of America used to be way cooler, they had rotating displays with some custom islands or structures with the current line of sets integrated. They were large and often had many extra figures to make scenes and battles. Now they are basically small non-rotating displays that have the current sets in them, no additional scenes or work.

Still they have 'pick-a-brick' now and they sell the 'Shop @ Home Exclusives' there so it is still nice if you need some parts in a pinch. The selection isn't great for 'pick-a-brick', but if you need some solid bricks, you can hit the jackpot sometimes!! I got lucky with a lot of white and yellow solid bricks when I was working on Fort Brighton.

BTW (even more off topic):

Z those are some awesome movies you have in your collection!! *y* *y*:'-)

Almost every single one of them movies i wish i owned or i already own.

Yes, this is WAY off topic, but so be it.

Here is what Phred is referring too.

33.jpg

I don't have Cable TV and up to about 6 months ago I didn't even get any channels over the air/antenna. I had to beef up my movie collection in the absence. I actually have a bunch more on a second DVD rack on top of a computer cart... on that cart I have Comic Book movies (Marvel mostly), James Bond Movies, Movies about Pirates, Seasons of '24', Animated movies worth seeing (a.k.a 'The Incredibles' etc.), some other random action movies ('The Transporter' and the 'Riddick' trilogy) and Kevin Smith movies.

Since I had no cable, sometimes I would buy movies if they were on super sale when I hadn't seen them. Therefore I do have some clunkers too. I try to keep the low on the racks so they aren't noticeable, (I am talking to you 'Flight Plan'!).

I don't recall saying this MADE us good MOCers, just that it was a good state to BE a MOCer. Especially if you live the in twin cities metro area!! The LEGO Imagination Center in the Mall of America used to be way cooler, they had rotating displays with some custom islands or structures with the current line of sets integrated. They were large and often had many extra figures to make scenes and battles. Now they are basically small non-rotating displays that have the current sets in them, no additional scenes or work.

Still they have 'pick-a-brick' now and they sell the 'Shop @ Home Exclusives' there so it is still nice if you need some parts in a pinch. The selection isn't great for 'pick-a-brick', but if you need some solid bricks, you can hit the jackpot sometimes!! I got lucky with a lot of white and yellow solid bricks when I was working on Fort Brighton.

I know, i was just messing around. I know it doesn't make yous guys better MOCers.

I really wish i lived closer to a Lego Store, but i don't ever want to live near a big city either.

*sigh*

I don't have Cable TV and up to about 6 months ago I didn't even get any channels over the air/antenna. I had to beef up my movie collection in the absence. I actually have a bunch more on a second DVD rack on top of a computer cart... on that cart I have Comic Book movies (Marvel mostly), James Bond Movies, Movies about Pirates, Seasons of '24', Animated movies worth seeing (a.k.a 'The Incredibles' etc.), some other random action movies ('The Transporter' and the 'Riddick' trilogy) and Kevin Smith movies.

Since I had no cable, sometimes I would buy movies if they were on super sale when I hadn't seen them. Therefore I do have some clunkers too. I try to keep the low on the racks so they aren't noticeable, (I am talking to you 'Flight Plan'!).

My wife and I don't have an antenna or cable or anything either X-D .

Yes, this is WAY off topic, but so be it.

Indeed, and it's kinda getting out of hand, so can we please get back to topic and discuss the Arbiter II gents??

Thank you...

Mr Tiber

Indeed, and it's kinda getting out of hand, so can we please get back to topic and discuss the Arbiter II gents??

Thank you...

Mr Tiber

Come on dude...

This is just helping us get to know one of our MOCers better!

Maybe the problem is that no one really discussed any of the additions I plan to make. I think people only care about pictures, so without new pictures, threads just kind of dies.

maybe there should be a thread for where people can dicuss which state they think is the best lego state in the US, (moc wise, lego quanity wise, EuroBrick citezxen wise, ect...)And for places in Europe to! There can be polls and more!

maybe there should be a thread for where people can dicuss which state they think is the best lego state in the US, (moc wise, lego quanity wise, EuroBrick citezxen wise, ect...)And for places in Europe to! There can be polls and more!

Maybe, but Mr. Tiber is right, we are too off topic here. If anyone has something constructive to say about the MOC, maybe we should stick to that!

Constructive eh? Well then, I LOVE pie, so your mocs are the lego equivilent of pie to me...

heehee- well that was a nice transition!

Right now I am amassing some regular ol' sailors to add to the ship. They will be largely unarmed but will follow the Red and White color scheme. More on the sailors when some Bricklink stuff arrives!

Constructive eh? Well then, I LOVE pie, so your mocs are the lego equivilent of pie to me...

I love pie too! X-D

It's kind of like the way this mast is built too (with all those great movies in the back ground :-|| ):

33.jpg

For instance, there are very few types of pie that i dislike and the rest i love.

With this mast, i think it's "delicious" how creative Z was making that mast that tall. The only part i question is the use of the brown ladder for ropes.

I find it very difficult to make those ladders look good, so I just prefer not to. Though, I see how difficult it would have been to have this mast remain sturdy with out the use of them.

The only part i question is the use of the brown ladder for ropes.

Yes... well I am trying to find away around that, but it is quite sturdy now... I might just have to live with it. The only other option would be to cut the longer ones... Not really a great option

Good comparision to pie! But I have one question how many studs are your masts?

I am not even sure... 6 plus 2 bowsprits plus 2 mid mast sections plus 1 tall base plus 1 small base...

6 + (16 * 2) + (13 2/3 * 2) + 9 + 1 2/3 = height

6 + 32 + 27 1/3 + 9 + 1 2/3 = 76

76 studs I think

Those threads must be made in the community forum...

Great MOCs all of them, very inspirational, been a pleasure to view *y*

Nick :)

Thank you sir. Welcome to Eurobricks! Sounds like you might have found your way to this thread through the History and Adventure Forum, I hope you may dabble a little here with the Pirates as well!

Small bit of news... the Arbiter II is being Stretched by another 20 studs. That essentially means by 2 more middle sections. This isn't going to happen for a while, but I hope it will not be too big of a chore! I also intend to add some things to the interior of the lower deck.

Also, I am going to need to make new sails for the Venganza as well as the Covenant, so I might retool a few sails (especially the spanker sail) on the Arbiter II as well!

Thanks for your interest!

20 studs? It is a very tall ship now I asume! How long is it now?(in studs)

So I don't like the look of the sails on the Arbiter II.... mostly because they are unrealistic and very old.

Anyhow... I started to design a new sail plan, but the sails looked... umm... NOT so great...

I don't think they look bad at all, you should try getting them on the Arbiter II to see how it looks... They look better then my sails...

20 studs? It is a very tall ship now I asume! How long is it now?(in studs)

I don't think they look bad at all, you should try getting them on the Arbiter II to see how it looks... They look better then my sails...

Well I was actually talking about the first pic compared to the second one... look at them in thumbnail for side by side to compare the first pic to the second one...

27.jpg_thumb.jpg 31.jpg_thumb.jpg

You should be able to tell now that I was saying not so great, I was talking about the first picture, then I reformed then to get to the second, and it was much improved!

Yes, I see but I still think the first aren't that bad (compared to mine at least!)...

Well either way, I am rather pleased with the second set, and I will put them on when I next wee the ship.

Can you tell me what that part is Mr. Z?

Ideal would be the link to bricklink....

I'm building the masts of the Excalibur (soon to get a French name) and this seems like a handy part.

33.jpg

BTW, did you vote already?