Yawgmoth

The Black Seas Barracuda

[pid][/pid] 126B

Ok, finally this is the last of my ships for this wave, my modded Black Seas Barracuda, went to bed today at 6am hehe, a 14 hrs non stop of building,..you may ask, why someone would take that long to build a ship?, well...with limited resources, there's more thinking than actual builing involved :pir-tongue:

Anyway, from the 3 ships that I have already modded, this one is by far my favorite, and finally I could add a second deck, and also tried some modular design, but I guess I'm still an amateur xD .. yet I did everything I could to leave it's desing as similar as the original, but also adding some stuff of my own.

Now I gotta make room for it hehe.. its kind of too big for my shelf :pir-grin:

With no other introduction, I proudly present you all, The Black Seas Barracuda:

Overview of the whole ship

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Decks

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Capt's Cabin

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

Interiors

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Ship comparison and sizes

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

And...who's the captain of this beauty?

I present you all, Captain Blackheart, the mercyless..

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

By the way, guess who wants his flagship back and his well deserved revenge after the mutiny: That's right, Captain Roger :jollyroger:

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

Hehe, I always though as a child that Captain Roger and Captain Redbeard were different pirates, even when they looked exactly the same xD, I tried to make some little difference between them two in my last post, The Crimson Skull and on this one, later on I'll be modding completely the look of my Captain Redbeard :P

So.. this is it, hope you had enjoyed the visit :pir-sweet:

My next MOCs would be about PotC, I did bought some stuff at a really cheap price, completely new :O ..but for now, that's about it.

Until my next post :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for sharing. She looks very beautiful, just like a lovely classic 1990s pirate ship. I own the BSB and think it's the best Pirate ship out there. What you made out of it looks very nice. :thumbup:

yay, I was waiting for this one to be posted and you did not disapoint, its a really nice and thought out build, its just like how my childhood imagination dreamed the actual barracuda was :pir-grin:

brilliant truely brillaint, its a shame to see the series end, are you sure you can't start work on the clipper or the orignal flagship :pir-sweet:

cheers

Thanks for sharing. She looks very beautiful, just like a lovely classic 1990s pirate ship. I own the BSB and think it's the best Pirate ship out there. What you made out of it looks very nice. :thumbup:

Hehe, thanks! It was completely satisfying to build it, back then in my childhood, I remember having more fun building and staring at my creations than actually playing with them, not all the times of course,..and well.. guess that habit have not changed that much since then xD

yay, I was waiting for this one to be posted and you did not disapoint, its a really nice and thought out build, its just like how my childhood imagination dreamed the actual barracuda was :pir-grin:

brilliant truely brillaint, its a shame to see the series end, are you sure you can't start work on the clipper or the orignal flagship :pir-sweet:

cheers

Rigth now I'm trying to adquire just pirate sets, mostly ships. For the future I plan on adquire and modify the Black Pearl, also making little mods that convert the Renegade Runner into an actual useful sailing ship; don't take me wrong, I just can't stop seeing at it just like it is, I really REALLY like it, it's pure armony on colours and shape, but again, back then in my childhood's golden days, I missed the functional things every ship has, like a steering wheel, an anchor, a little cabin, and maybe a second mast. And specially, I'll try to adquire at all cost a Skull Eye Schooner, my favorite ship of all times, I always dreamed about it, but I never had the chance :( .. even now I don't have one..

Guess I'll pass on the brickbeard's bounty and the Crossbone little ship, those I don't like them that much..

By the way, I'd LOVE to mod every average classic set (89-96), and that includes Imperial Flagship and Caribbean Clipper, but I haven't found many good offers on those in my daily ebay treasure finding sessions xD

Lastly, I'm still bound to finish my LDD project, The Queen Anne's Revenge,..that would take some time, even more because I'm still changing it's desing on the LDD file :P.. for the better I hope. I'll be updating my thread when I get to finish this wave of changes :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comments :)

Edited by Yawgmoth

Hehe, thanks! It was completely satisfying to build it, back then in my childhood, I remember having more fun building and staring at my creations than actually playing with them, not all the times of course,..and well.. guess that habit have not changed that much since then xD

Rigth now I'm trying to adquire just pirate sets, mostly ships. For the future I plan on adquire and modify the Black Pearl, also making little mods that convert the Renegade Runner into an actual useful sailing ship; don't take me wrong, I just can't stop seeing at it just like it is, I really REALLY like it, it's pure armony on colours and shape, but again, back then in my childhood's golden days, I missed the functional things every ship has, like a steering wheel, an anchor, a little cabin, and maybe a second mast. And specially, I'll try to adquire at all cost a Skull Eye Schooner, my favorite ship of all times, I always dreamed about it, but I never had the chance :( .. even now I don't have one..

Guess I'll pass on the brickbeard's bounty and the Crossbone little ship, those I don't like them that much..

By the way, I'd LOVE to mod every average classic set (89-96), and that includes Imperial Flagship and Caribbean Clipper, but I haven't found many good offers on those in my daily ebay treasure finding sessions xD

Lastly, I'm still bound to finish my LDD project, The Queen Anne's Revenge,..that would take some time, even more because I'm still changing it's desing on the LDD file :P.. for the better I hope. I'll be updating my thread when I get to finish this wave of changes :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comments :)

Hey! Just want to say I absolutely love your bigger, badder BSB. I have ordered a BSB myself and was wondering what additional parts I would need to modify it into something like yours. Did you basically buy 2 BSBs and smoosh them together? I have 4 spare hull pieces (stern, bow, 2 middle), a single mast and some rigging & cannons. Would it be more cost effective to scavenge/buy additional parts I need, or just buy another BSB? :P

Thanks for your help.

Hey! Just want to say I absolutely love your bigger, badder BSB. I have ordered a BSB myself and was wondering what additional parts I would need to modify it into something like yours. Did you basically buy 2 BSBs and smoosh them together? I have 4 spare hull pieces (stern, bow, 2 middle), a single mast and some rigging & cannons. Would it be more cost effective to scavenge/buy additional parts I need, or just buy another BSB? :P

Thanks for your help.

Basically yes, it was just 2 BSB toguether, with some other spare pieces I had,...the idea of mixing two sets was coz I got my second BSB at a really low price,.. if you can get one with a nice price, I'd recommend buying it, since the only pieces that cannot be used would be the hull pieces :P... which can also work for another ship!

I used 4 middle hull pieces on this, I still need to fix one or two things that I dont like on my desing after looking at it carefully, like the height of the masts, or some other details, I havent had time lately, when I get some I'd totally be fixing those details and updating here also.

Good luck on modding your BSB! post the results when you finish, I'd be more than glad to contemplate it :) and maybe give some feedback too! :)

Regards.

Thanks for posting this. I think this is my favorite in your series of re-imaginations although that may be partly due to the BSB being my favorite of the three ships you have modified. I think you maintain the integrity of the original ship very well and add lots of little details which I would have liked to have been on the first one such as the decking and extra cannons. Its now a mightily impressive vessel. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the rear of the ship specifically the windows on top of each other. I understand why you have done but it doesn't quite look right to me.

Just one row of windows wouldnt had looked better I guess? :pir-tongue: ... but I also felt that something was missing there, maybe more details, more royal instead of piratey, which is how the BSB is designed in the first place :pir-classic:

Thanks for your comments! I am so wanting to have little time to start some mods I already thought for this one.. luckily, next week :pir-sweet:

How did I miss this one? You have delivered another fine update to one of the best ships Lego made! IFS has nothing on this BSB!

Being one of those people who was a kid when the LEGO Pirates first came out, and spending many years pining for the Black Seas Barracuda (the closest my brother and I came was the Caribbean Clipper), I must say that I absolutely LOVE this MOC to death!

I like how you kept the overall classic Pirates look while, at the same time, sneaking in some newer elements such as the Dwarf Beard, Hector Barbossa's torso/legs and the Musketeer hat.

As for the Captain Roger/Redbeard thing: My brother and I just called him Redbeard and were done with it. As a matter of fact, an unmodified Redbeard was one of three minifigs to survive my first dark age, and he is currently President of the Federal Republic of America (main faction from my LEGO setting)... So you can see how much I liked the old Classic Pirate line. :pir_laugh2: