Sign in to follow this  
mlongworth

Pig Farm- Helenia Task 4

Nice one. I particularly like the shelter for the pigs, that roof techniques works surprisingly well.

For linking the photos from Flickr, you need to go to share > BBC code, and then copy that URL, not the one that first comes up when you press share.

Like this.

29100509242_00cf4ed4d9_c.jpg 2016-08-24_04-06-40 by Mandee Longworth, on Flickr

Excellent farm scene! The garden looks like it has a nice variety of plants, and I like the vine/bushes on the back right :thumbup: As BC said, the pig shelter is quite nice too.

And you've gotta love pigs rolling in the mud!

If you could tighten the sheet behind the build, so that it wasn't as wrinkly or folded over, that would improve your presentation a bit :classic:

Very Nice build, with my favoured details being the roof of the shed and the vegetation! :thumbup:

That's a nice looking farm! I like the rows of crops, but especially that pumpkin patch. They will be set when Halloween comes! I also like that you made the hut in the back at an angle on the base, keeping everything from being on square, and the pig enclosure looks great. The gate is well done.

My main suggestion for improvement is greater texturing of the ground; it is a bit too flat for my liking. Building it up more to create a more varied terrain would improve the feel considerably, in particular around the pig pen. Since pigs are always digging around in it I would expect it to be sunk beneath the surrounding land a bit, rather than the mud being higher than the grass as it is now. The straight line between the shed and pig pen is rather unnatural looking, too, which would also be improved by building up the base and adding more terrain texture. It takes more pieces, but I think it is worth it visually in the end. Some 1x1 round tiles and plates on the path would liven that up quite a bit too.

Despite that, it is a very lively and fruitful farm, and I think it is your best build that I have seen yet. Keep up the good work!

Thank you SK,dG,Titus and Henjin. A trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow is going to fix my background issues. The pig roof was inspired by my hubby who is a roofer. Since my town is new I thought it would work. And Henjin I hit the pab wall in Indy on Monday. That was the one thing I wasn't real happy with when I was taking pics. So the next build I am working on the terrain. Thanks for the feedback. It has really helped from all my mocs.

Nice, quaint little farm. I know someone above stated to texture the ground, but a second improvement would be to add depth to the ground as well. Mud, vegetable plots and the path are usually a bit sunk in compared to the surrounding grass. just that extra 1 or 2 studs of depth can really make your landscaping stand out more.

My favorite build from you yet! Having the house set at an angle really helps the overall composition, and I love the various gardens :thumbup:

The pig rolling in the mud, roof, and 1x1 round plate stonework are all great as well :classic: