Majek

There will be "Bang"

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 34b

Hello :jollyroger:

Pillage the Village Contest Entry MEDIUM

Yes that's a fuse that is burning! An explosion will follow soon!

As a sabotage action, the pirates decided to destroy the Imperial armory.

:shark:

Version 2 (better or worse?)

ssa56073small.jpg

Click to see bigger picture:

ssa56073_jpg.jpg ssa56074_jpg.jpg ssa56081_jpg.jpg ssa56087_jpg.jpg ssa56078_jpg.jpg ssa56085_jpg.jpg

I know this is simple but I hope you will enjoy.

Any comments or advice, ideas would be appreciated. :pir-classic:

~Majek :pir_laugh2:

Edited by SlyOwl

:pir_laugh2: I love the idea behind your entry. The trail of gunpowder is brilliant!

It's also the first one I think to use fleshies. The worn roof is beautiful and the pathway is as well.

I can't really think of much to improve, but here.

Some things you could improve are:

1) The main thing I would do is add some plants on the right side, as it looks a bit bare.

2) I think it would be wise to include bigger pictures rather than the small ones, as the small ones make it hard to see all of the details.

3) Putting a small trans-orange piece on the end of the black stick that the pirate is carrying, would give a great torch effect that would add a lot.

Or you could use a dark brown carrot with a flame like in the Indiana Jones sets.

================================================================

But, even with no changes, your entry is magnificent.

Good humor, action and nice design make it an A+ MOC!

My opinion:

That is a very nice and beautiful MOC, Majek, the small armory is very detailed and looks realistic. The gunpowder trail on the ground is brilliant!

You get a 9/10 from me :thumbup: !

Possible improvements:

1) An armory made of stone without a door? I never saw that before... Therefore I suggest you add a destroyed door somewere on the ground (the Pirates forced it open).

2) I would give the cannon wheels (if you have them). I never liked them without wheels, maybe that's a personnal opinion but I think it isn't as realistic else.

3) Some other MINOR details: put a musket next to the killed/dying soldier, and maybe a shako or other hat on his head or also next to him. Give the pirate that carries a tricorne hat a plume and I would change the soldiers pants into a normal plain red one.

Non-brick related advise:

1) Spelling mistakes: I advise you to change it into this:

Yes that's a fuse that is burning! An explosion will follow soon !

As a sabotage action, the pirates decided to destroy the Imperial armory.

2) Why such small and tiny pictures? The maximum is 800x600 and the more pixels your pictures use, the better the quality will become!

Edited by zorro3999

I'm really glad that you like it Erdbeereis1.

Thanks a lot! Really good advices. :pir-classic:

Hey zorro3999

I will try to improve my entry :pir-cry_happy:

2) Why such small and tiny pictures? The maximum is 800x600 and the more pixels your pictures use, the better the quality will become!

Click to see bigger picture :jollyroger:

~Majek

Edited by Majek

I was referring to the first picture which is still quite small, it is that one that will be judged(so say the rules).

But it isn't that important, your entry looks fantastic already so you have more then a fair chanche of standing your ground! :thumbup:

PS: You really shouldn't listen to everything I say, they are just suggestions...if you don't like it, don't change it (but I guess you already know that :pir-wink: ).

BTW, you're rating just went up to 9,5/10, for editing my proposed text in :pir-laugh: .

Great entry, Majek! :pir-classic:

What I like:

The small armory is very cool, and the trail of gunpowder being lit is creative. I also like the palm tree and the stabbed pirate.

What could be improved:

I don't really like the use of the Avatar heads here. It was a unique decision, but they really take away from the pirate vibe and cruelty.

I like this entry a lot, and good luck!

Opinion

I have not seen an idea of pirates destroying the Imperials armory. I like the fuse that you have created by having black studs to create it. The roof you created using black tiles is well done. The little armory house is also well created.

Possible Improvements

1) Take those gray tiles away and put brown tiles all over the ground.

2) You could have an Imperial officer running out of the armory.

Non-Brick Related

1) Some spelling/grammar mistakes to fix. I would always read over what you write.

Overall- Your whole idea is well created. I like the fuse burning into the little house. Some little things to fix, but other than that, you have done a great job! I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My Brickshelf

My small PTV contest entry is coming soon!

really nice entry ^^ I like it! this little armory is cool, and the powder on the ground is really nice!

I don't really know how to improve it, I'm quite bad at giving advice^^

anyway, good luck for the contest!

Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions :jollyroger:

I have improved my entry ( new photos ). :pir-tongue:

~Majek

With the little improvements, I now declare your entry magnificent! :pir_laugh2: The new pictures pictures are now up to standard with the great entry.

I love the torch and the dead body, as they really add a lot. The added plant life also is great.

One finishing touch that might cap the entry off well, would be to put a parrot on the top of the palm tree.

Wonderful work Majek! :monkey:

Like Erdbeereis1 said,... better and many differend ways.

The only 2 things I would change are:

- the ladder... I'll put it in front next to the gate... because now it hangs a little lost.

- the soldier... full red pants without the black and red arms.

But in general... GOOD WORK Majek !!!

Grtz,

kurt

Grrr.. you've stolen my idea - even before I build it. But well.. it's great so it doesn't matter

I really like the fuse.

The vegetation of the MOC is good. The palm is great.

The house is nice and the roof makes it look old and used. Great

You've got blood

It's great that one of pirates are running and looking scared.

Possible Improvements

I've never been a fan of the flesh-coloured minifigs. So in my opinion you should replace them with yellow heads and hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I think that's all...

Good luck with the contest

Suggestions:

Try adding more greenery in the scene, maybe some more bushes.

Give the dead soldier more blood- and have the cannon pointing at his dead body (to show how he died :jollyroger: )

If you can, put larger explosives in the armory

More dead soldiers (one soldier guarding an armory sounds pathetic

Give it a bigger flag on top.

It's a great MOC, and I love the idea of pirates attacking an armory. It reminds me of Bastille day!