Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

Ice Fishing in Mitgardia [freebuild]

A small free-build to celebrate the new season.

During the long winter, an important source of protein for the Mitgardians is fish caught underneath the ice of the lakes.

This fisherman is both lucky and unlucky, he has found some big fishes but should have made a bigger hole in the ice...

15400852644_2c79abd378_z.jpg

I'd like to claim the following UoP credits:

• Underwater [Hydrology]
  • Fishing [Agriculture and Zoology]

(I know that it's a small scene, but together with this build and this build maybe I've shown enough underwater skills to merit the "Underwater" credit?

I thought about asking for "life in Mitgardia" as well, but since I've been trying to tell people not to claim too many credits for too small builds I'll save that for another build)

Edited by Gideon

I really love all of your underwater builds and actually I've become very fond of your small vigs. Time for me to get into this stuff as well I would say ...

This is a really nice but simple underwater build. I really like those footprints (I know they've been done similarly before, but i like your technique most from those I've seen). Small criticism is that hole looks a wee bit too small to get that fish out!

Nice vig! I like how the ice really does seem to be floating on the water. The underwater scenery looks good and the story is entertaining :)

Small criticism is that hole looks a wee bit too small to get that fish out!

That's the point! :)

Nice work here, especially with the underwater section and the footprints. Also like the touch of humor with the undersized hole! +1 for both the credits. I do think the minifigure could have been posed better. I'd have put him standing up tugging at the line or, if you're going to make him sit, having him look completely exhausted (which is certainly hard with a minifigure), as though he had been struggling for the last ten minutes and has just about given up. Something more than a backpack (say the addition of a pail, one of the new capes from the hun, and/or some sort of snack for the fisherman) would also enliven the scene a little.

Ha, ha, exactly what I was thinking when I saw it! :laugh: Nice and simple build, great job with the underwater plants :thumbup:

Great build, Gideon!

The underwater effect is done nicely! The little hole is great for the story. My favorite detail is the path of tracks in the snow.

This build is one of the coolest ( :wink:) builds I have seen you do outside of your Kaliphlin builds!

tsk, tsk, seen what happens when a Kaliphlinite gets out of his element? :tongue:

Kidding aside, sweet vig! The footsteps are certainly a nice touch.

I love that you realize the hole is too small. So cute. I read the flickr description too, so tell your lady good work! Keep up the collaborations!

Very effective vignette! The simple snow/ice design and underwater sections look great :thumbup:

And I like the little hole too :laugh: