BrickArms First Wave 2009 Now Available!

39 replies to this topic

#1 the enigma that is badger

the enigma that is badger

• I don't make 'em, I just hype 'em!

Member: 2134

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

Now available from BrickArms: First Wave 2009 Accessories!

Posted Image

Read all about them here

Also new: several great new accessory packs

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Enjoy!
"I watched him die all night. It was a long, slow thing and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered and he never quit. He took all the time he had as though he loved life very much. Every second of it...even the pain. Then, he was dead."

Flickr

#2 keetong

keetong

Member: 3231

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

You said first, do you know wave when the second wave is coming?

#3 the enigma that is badger

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

Forgot to include this: a nice shot illustrating the perfect color-matching Will has achieved with these new items.  BrickArms Dark Grey and Gunmetal are identical to LEGO Dark "Bley" and Pearl Dark Grey

Posted Image

View Postkeetong, on Apr 7 2009, 11:20 PM, said:

do you know wave when the second wave is coming?
No, not specifically.  Will does have some big plans, but he's likely to be plenty busy for a least awhile with all these great new accessories he's just added.
"I watched him die all night. It was a long, slow thing and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered and he never quit. He took all the time he had as though he loved life very much. Every second of it...even the pain. Then, he was dead."

Flickr

#4 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

Oh excellent, I shall have to get hold of some of these immediately! I am looking forward to getting a solid-colour Dadao. :grin: Really neat to see them available in four colours, I like that. :thumbup:

Hmmm, I need to get the second part of my review done ASAP! Expect something in the next 2 days... :wink:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#5 exxtrooper

exxtrooper

Member: 5208

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

Finally some new items  :laugh: I have been waiting a long time for those u-clips, I have so much ideas. And more colors, really like the gunmetal color, hope there will be more colors in the future like brown and dark green. And finaly a steampunk pack, this is a big year for brickarms   :sweet: .
Newest Lego creation(s)/other: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 DarthPineapple

DarthPineapple

• X-massy red nosed reindeer

Member: 3246

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Already sent some money to my PayPal to buy some of these. Can't wait! :cry_happy:

#7 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

Member: 650

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

Everything looks great Badger! Yet, I can't order until sometime next week  :cry_sad: Hope Will has some left  :cry_happy:
======================================

Posted Image

FlickR

#8 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Great Job Brickarms!   Each year at Brickworld I make a buy of brickarms, and it looks like this year will be my biggest and most diverse purchase yet.  

The Lewis gun and dadao are brilliant, and I'm particularly impressed with the sword, rapier, and navy revolver.  Those 3 remind me of some of the playmobile accessories, and I mean that in a good way.  Brickarms' getting into bladed weapons and offering alternate colors crosses over into areas formerly monopolized by Brickforge.  This kind of compeition/complementing is sure go produce alot of great accessories from both companies in the future, and that can only be a good thing.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#9 Ashe999

Ashe999

Member: 4710

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

There's a lot - too much ?- of news about weapons these last weeks.

#10 Hound Knight

Hound Knight

• Exblower Artistic Genius!

Member: 5665

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

These are some of the best yet!   :classic: I've already placed an order!  :grin:
~ Hound Knight,   BrickForge Firebrand

Posted Image

Support the Pirates forum, buy your LEGO here!

#11 Jlblue

Jlblue

Member: 4483

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

Who else was thinking "Wolverine" when they saw this?  :tongue:
Posted Image

#12 Phred

Phred

• Tweet-meister

Member: 1037

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful. :wub:
Now i've just got to save money to buy some of these at BW. :cry_happy:
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image

#13 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

• Stormed Out

Member: 2221

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

View PostPhred, on Apr 8 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

Beautiful, just beautiful. :wub:
Now i've just got to save money to buy some of these at BW. :cry_happy:

Ditto! These are absolutely amazing, and they have convinced me to finally buy some. One more reason I can't wait until Brickworld!

#14 Razzer

Razzer

Member: 4116

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Great! I've wited ages for the perfect time to make my forst BA order and now is that time. Shame I can't order for two weeks because I'm on holiday...  :cry_sad: They better not sell out too quickly! :classic:
I need a better camera, to photograph Lego, but I need to buy more Lego so I have something good to photograph, darn I can't win...

#15 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

These are all great, and I can't wait to place an order.

There's only one problem, though.

Badger, 3 out of 4 of the custom minifigs, and the shotgun (a.k.a. 'Riot Gun') are all backordered. Do you know when he will have some more made and ready to go?

Thanks.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#16 the enigma that is badger

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

Glad to hear you folks dig the new items!

View PostEilif, on Apr 8 2009, 09:07 AM, said:

The Lewis gun and dadao are brilliant, and I'm particularly impressed with the sword, rapier, and navy revolver.
Historical items are a new direction for BrickArms (and are mostly due to the constant begging and pleading of Damien and myself for Will to try his hand at designing some!), but I think these accessories show how beautiful the results can be when Will chooses to tackle them. . .not to mention those great colors!

That said, swords and historical firearms are a new direction for BrickArms, and if you'd love to see more in the future, the best way is to order the ones currently available!

View Postbooger540, on Apr 8 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

3 out of 4 of the custom minifigs, and the shotgun (a.k.a. 'Riot Gun') are all backordered. Do you know when he will have some more made and ready to go?
Difficult to say.  Will is moving from using decals to a pad printer for his custom minifigs.  This will allow him to print the design directly onto the minifig torso (or other part) in the same way LEGO does (or used to before decals) and make for much more durable custom figures.

However, as you can likely guess, he's likely to be very busy with orders for the next weeks.  That said, when the tidal wave of orders for these new items subsides and with the weather turning from the bitter cold of winter to spring, Will has plans to get his pad printer humming and getting some great designs applied to figs!

Also an issue is headgear.  Losing his source of the M1 Helmet (the only BrickArms accessory not designed and produced by Will) meant alot of his figures had to be discontinued.  However, that's another area where Will has big plans for the future  :wink:

Flickr

#17 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

View Postthe enigma that is badger, on Apr 8 2009, 10:39 PM, said:

(and are mostly due to the constant begging and pleading of Damien and myself...)

Difficult to say.  Will is moving from using decals to a pad printer for his custom minifigs.  This will allow him to print the design directly onto the minifig torso (or other part) in the same way LEGO does (or used to before decals) and make for much more durable custom figures.

However, as you can likely guess, he's likely to be very busy with orders for the next weeks.  That said, when the tidal wave of orders for these new items subsides and with the weather turning from the bitter cold of winter to spring, Will has plans to get his pad printer humming and getting some great designs applied to figs!

Who is Damien? Because I am Damian, with an 'a', which is ironic because I also love history, and historical weaponry.

And thanks for the information. I was just curious about the minifigs as I would rather not buy anything until the WWII Colonel is ready to go. I am also looking forward to seeing what Will can do as far as headgear.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#18 exxtrooper

exxtrooper

Member: 5208

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

View Postthe enigma that is badger, on Apr 8 2009, 05:39 PM, said:

Also an issue is headgear.  Losing his source of the M1 Helmet (the only BrickArms accessory not designed and produced by Will) meant alot of his figures had to be discontinued.  However, that's another area where Will has big plans for the future  :wink:

I have always wondered, who are the original producer of those helmets?
Newest Lego creation(s)/other: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Hound Knight

Hound Knight

• Exblower Artistic Genius!

Member: 5665

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

View Postexxtrooper, on Apr 8 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

I have always wondered, who are the original producer of those helmets?
Oxford, a clone brand.
~ Hound Knight,   BrickForge Firebrand

Posted Image

#20 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

• Bagel Heretic

Member: 1496

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

View PostHound Knight, on Apr 9 2009, 09:36 AM, said:

Oxford, a clone brand.

Ditto, I have some myself from the actual sets.

Yay update! Im suprised the M1917/Indys pistol still is not there?

Anyway I might have to make a order soon although I wish they had the Mp5 back :sadnew:

#21 Legoking

Legoking

• Classic-Pirates' cabin boy

Member: 3200

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:45 AM

I just ordered every single new gun!
My MOC page
My Brickshelf
My Brickset   
My Current Trades

Credit of my wonderful drawn avatar goes to Hound Knight. Posted Image
I am the Lego King of the World!

#22 Oken

Oken

Member: 5634

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

My order is done! :)

(The big full pack is no more avaible :( )

#23 the enigma that is badger

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostDarth_Legois, on Apr 8 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

Im suprised the M1917/Indys pistol still is not there?
Only so much can fit into a production mold!  This one was the largest yet, with over 14 new accessories.  Unfortunately, not everything can fit, but then there is a reason we're calling this First Wave 2009  :wink:

Anyway I might have to make a order soon although I wish they had the Mp5 back
Unfortunately, that accessory (and a few others) has been permanently discontinued due to issues beyond Will's control.

View PostFrom Apr 9 2009, 02:40 AM:

The big full pack is no more avaible
If you mean the Mega Pack that contained every accessory BrickArms had to offer, then yes, that pack was discontinued as it just getting too big!  Even including just one of every item would put the pack at too high a price point.  Look for smaller, theme-based packs from BrickArms in the future.

Flickr

#24 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

View PostHound Knight, on Apr 8 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

Oxford, a clone brand.
Do you have confirmation of this?  I always wondered about this, as it looks similar to the ones that oxford, and bestlok use. Of course bestlock copies alot of oxford's designs. So that wouldn't be surprising.

View Postthe enigma that is badger, on Apr 9 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

Unfortunately, that accessory (and a few others) has been permanently discontinued due to issues beyond Will's control.
Which other accessories have been discontinued?
Care to elaborate on the "issues" beyond Will's control?
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#25 the enigma that is badger

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostEilif, on Apr 9 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

Do you have confirmation of this?  I always wondered about this, as it looks similar to the ones that oxford, and bestlok use. Of course bestlock copies alot of oxford's designs. So that wouldn't be surprising.
The BrickArms M1 was from Oxford.  Best-Lock did copy that design, but upon picking up a few of those sets, they aren't nearly as polished and durable as the Oxford versions.

Flickr

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users