Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

News From BrickArms - Prototypes, Trans, Chrome, and a New Reseller&#3

Just an update that Will debuted a bunch of great new prototypes at Brickworld last weekend:

AC8

3642429891_014fb9ab9c_m.jpg

M203

3643236332_7f15eb03ca_m.jpg

Heavy Scifi Rifle

3643236392_d48a56a435_m.jpg

Heavy Blaster Pistol

3643236010_f1c96fd08f_m.jpg

Blaster Rifle

3642429605_69499d3c96_m.jpg

Tactical Sword

3642429391_b9e53aed33_m.jpg

Retro Raygun

3642429689_10b7d3c4f7_m.jpg

Longslide Pistol

3642430029_631f1fcf74_m.jpg

More pics and info can be found here

Also cool new things from BrickArms at Brickworld: electroplated chrome, trans-green, and glow-in-the-dark items!

3661387889_1eb6efe3b8.jpg

3642374599_a7c8f83f22_m.jpg

3651538948_7d0ff25958.jpg

3651547534_d406bf08fb.jpg

The Chrome Packs are currently available from Toywiz, an official BrickArms reseller.

Chrome Blade Pack

Chrome Demolition Pack

Chrome Modern Pack

Chrome Scifi Pack

Another update from BrickArms I think Aussie and Kiwi fans of BA will particularly love to hear: BrickArms is pleased to announce a new authorized reseller MinifigWorld

minifigworld_button.gif

Also neat: when BrickArms comes back online, Will is going to add the MinifigWorld minfig stand to the BrickArms line-up! I picked up a few at Brickworld, and they're great for display!

Look for even more new and exciting things from BrickArms in the coming months!

Edited by the enigma that is badger

Thanks for those pics!

I love those Star Wars ones! Might have to get me some of them when they are up for grabs! :sweet:

Those new Star Wars weapons are really high quality. The amount of detail is amazing.

Man Badger, I love you and Will! :wub: An Australian reseller, just what I needed! While I love buying directly from Will, I'm sure I will take advantage of this service if it proves to save on some of the shipping/currency conversions.

Will Minifig World be selling any of the new chrome products that were seen at BrickWorld? That big tray of chrome is very overwhelming, isn't it? :oh: I must also add that the glow-in-the-dark items look very cool, although I take it they are hard to photograph?

As for the new prototypes, all I can say is that they certainly meet and exceed the BrickArms standard. That Retro Raygun in particular has me quite excited! :sweet:

Thanks for the news and pictures a very enjoyable way to start my day! :grin:

Thanks for the comments all!

Is the Heavy Scifi Rifle going to replace the Buzzgun?

The BrickArms HSR is the "Buzzgun V2.0" basically. Will got a tremendous amount of feedback from fans about the Buzzgun, and most seemed to love the idea of a weapon that let them pick if they wanted a smooth-bladed bayonet or some other type of attachment. The result: the HSR!

Advantages of the HSR compared to the original Buzzgun:

- Much better proportioned to the fig. The Buzzgun was neat, but gigantic!

- Grippable forestock allows the addition of any number of neat attachments.

- Also looks great just as-is!

Man Badger, I love you and Will! :wub: An Australian reseller, just what I needed! While I love buying directly from Will, I'm sure I will take advantage of this service if it proves to save on some of the shipping/currency conversions.

Glad you appreciate it! Really, that's the whole purpose of international resellers - faster and cheaper shipping so you can enjoy your BrickArms sooner and with a local contact! All BA resellers get their stock directly from Will, so you are still ordering from Will . . . from a certain point of view :wink: (in keep with the nature of a few of the above prototypes!)

Will Minifig World be selling any of the new chrome products that were seen at BrickWorld?

Hard to say. Given electroplating chrome is very expensive (but the highest quality chroming process available. . . believe me, you can tell the difference!), Will only made a limited batch. As of now, the only place to get them in Toywiz, but should chrome prove popular, there is a chance those packs will be made available via other resellers. Nothing definite at this point, however.

I must also add that the glow-in-the-dark items look very cool, although I take it they are hard to photograph?

Nope, not at all! They glow brightly enough that even with regular macrophotography, they show up quite nicely in the darkness! Still, playing around with your camera settings can really make them *pop* in a picture.

The BrickArms HSR is the "Buzzgun V2.0" basically. Will got a tremendous amount of feedback from fans about the Buzzgun, and most seemed to love the idea of a weapon that let them pick if they wanted a smooth-bladed bayonet or some other type of attachment. The result: the HSR!

Advantages of the HSR compared to the original Buzzgun:

- Much better proportioned to the fig. The Buzzgun was neat, but gigantic!

- Grippable forestock allows the addition of any number of neat attachments.

- Also looks great just as-is!

Okay is Will going to make a toothed blade for it?

Edited by strider406

Okay is Will going to make a toothed blade for it?

That's certainly another attachment that could be designed for it! The TLG chainsaw works to an extent, but it's a bit too large for my tastes.

I got one thing to say, pleh

Funny, that's not the tone you take when you constantly message me asking about getting prototypes! :wink:

But really, obviously not everything Will cooks up is going to appeal to everyone. I'm sorry if nothing above excites you as much, but then Will does pride himself on offering a wide variety of accessories. Maybe something down the road will catch your attention more!

Hard to say. Given electroplating chrome is very expensive (but the highest quality chroming process available. . . believe me, you can tell the difference!), Will only made a limited batch. As of now, the only place to get them in Toywiz, but should chrome prove popular, there is a chance those packs will be made available via other resellers. Nothing definite at this point, however.

Toywiz is smoking crack. I tried placing an order for the chrome weapons packs and some individual guns - $40 in shipping charges! I hope you use another vendor that isn't going to overcharge shipping by 10x.

Love those LE chrome blades... for those of us in the UK are they going to be available from Minifig for Life?

Say yes :classic:

That's certainly another attachment that could be designed for it! The TLG Funny, that's not the tone you take when you constantly message me asking about getting prototypes! :wink:

So you get the messages, and then ignore them, how nice :hmpf_bad:

:grin: No, it's just that, now that I've seen them, I'm gonna have to wait forever :sadnew: how long have we waited for the sci fi pistol again, see my point, eh?

Man, what do you have to do to get candy these days, great, no I sound like a old man ;_;

Edited by exxtrooper

Those chrome weapons look awesome. :wub:

I don't really like how "empty" the blade pack is, but the sci-fi and modern packs look really good. I wish I could get one, but my parents probably wouldn't let me, since they would say it's too expensive. :sceptic:

Also, the glow-in-the-dark and Star Wars weapons look good. :classic:

I wish I could get one, but my parents probably wouldn't let me, since they would say it's too expensive. :sceptic:

You think that's expensive, wait till you see how expensive the shipping is, mine was over 40 dollars :cry_sad:

Edited by exxtrooper

Awesome Halo weapons! Especially the energy sword :wub: Master Chief will now coquer with plastic that glows in the dark! :laugh:

I hope you use another vendor
Love those LE chrome blades... for those of us in the UK are they going to be available from Minifig for Life?

As I said before, producing electroplated chrome items is very expensive, but should there prove to be a strong demand for them, Will may be able to make them more available, particularly via all the BrickArms resellers worldwide.

Ultimately, we'll have to see. Will's really busy with even more great BrickArms projects, but I'll certainly pass on your enthusiasm for the chrome packs to him!

I recently recievied some of these goodies from Badger. I have to say , those are incredibly detailed Weapons ( for Prototypes) to me they all look so perfect that they could run straight into mass production :classic::wink:.

Especially the Glow in the Dark Products are a real highlight - They are really funny to play around with hehe. :wub:.

But one beeing said , you'll get a Review of those Products at the Weekend :wink:!

Thanks again Badger! ( and Will of course , who plugs badger full with Prototypes hehe )

I recently recievied some of these goodies from Badger. I have to say , those are incredibly detailed Weapons ( for Prototypes) to me they all look so perfect that they could run straight into mass production :classic::wink:.

Especially the Glow in the Dark Products are a real highlight - They are really funny to play around with hehe. :wub:.

But one beeing said , you'll get a Review of those Products at the Weekend :wink:!

Thanks again Badger! ( and Will of course , who plugs badger full with Prototypes hehe )

Another lucky dog, good for you!

Also, will some of the old BA items may get chromed in the future?

I would really want a shiny Rocket launcher :cry_happy:

One qiuck Question, forgive me if this has been answered, but when will these be released?

I was thinking about the same thing, maybe enigma that is llam-Badger can answer that question...

Or not.