Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Rancor's Lair

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Built a new digs for the Rancor!

6443597309_1870dd3218_z.jpg

Click the pic for more details...

AC

I reaaly like this! I was thinking of making a Rancor, when news hit that we may be getting an official one from Lego. Regardless, I have an idea to make something like this when/ if we get a Rancor from Lego. Otherwise, I build a Rancor and then something like this!

Is there a door built into it as well?

Jamie

The more I see your Rancor, the more I'd like to build one for myself. I don't think TLG could do any better than this, even if they give us one in one of the upcoming rumored sets next year, it would most likely be a DINO-like figure composed of a few huge pieces. The way you built this one - with all the numerous pieces effectively making up a textured tough skin surface - has that classic LEGO charm and does not look like action figure-ish. Now I really need to make some BL orders now. :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I see luke standing there in front of the Rancor and all I can think is " Here boy, you want a nice juicy bone? "

EPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!! :wub:

:laugh:

Damn. :wub: That's one awesome cave. The Rancor looks quite happy with his new place, especially since it came with a complimentary meal. :grin:

:tongue:

I reaaly like this! I was thinking of making a Rancor, when news hit that we may be getting an official one from Lego. Regardless, I have an idea to make something like this when/ if we get a Rancor from Lego. Otherwise, I build a Rancor and then something like this!

Is there a door built into it as well?

Jamie

No door yet! :wink:

The more I see your Rancor, the more I'd like to build one for myself. I don't think TLG could do any better than this, even if they give us one in one of the upcoming rumored sets next year, it would most likely be a DINO-like figure composed of a few huge pieces. The way you built this one - with all the numerous pieces effectively making up a textured tough skin surface - has that classic LEGO charm and does not look like action figure-ish. Now I really need to make some BL orders now. :sweet:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

If TLG makes one, it might be good if they do it similar to the creator sets. There's still room for improvement as I'd like to have the mouth eventually be able to open and close. Thanks for the blog!

Excellent Rancor.

Still the same old design with just a few tweaks.

I see luke standing there in front of the Rancor and all I can think is " Here boy, you want a nice juicy bone? "

:grin:

rancor got a home now, awesome!

Oh yes! :sweet:

Argh! Rancor!

That´s cool! :laugh:

*oh2*

That's fantastic! :wub:

Love the cave for it, and is there any changes on the Rancor you made?

Just minor tweaks for support but not much.

AC

Another fantastic MOC! Did I expect any less! :laugh:

The rocks look great with all that dark tan, it really helps give it the look of the cave in the film.

Love the rancor! I do hope we get one in some shape or form from lego.

Nice beast ...I think the rancor likes its new green little puppet! :laugh:

Yes, it does! :grin:

Another fantastic MOC! Did I expect any less! :laugh:

The rocks look great with all that dark tan, it really helps give it the look of the cave in the film.

Love the rancor! I do hope we get one in some shape or form from lego.

The rock work is a mix of old dark gray and new dark bluish gray (bley) where probably the lighting makes it look more like dark tan.

AC

WOW that Rancor is huge *oh2* . Awsome work as usual APCin. I would like to seea door on it though to make it complete. Can you make a Malakili and have him leading the Rancor? Its probly too much to ask to see the Rancor crushed by the door, now that would be cool.