Sign in to follow this  
LiamM32

Can I "dedicate" a topic to another user

If I started my own topic, is there a way that I can make it show up as a notification to another user in particular? What if the topic is an idea or creation inspired by another users post, or if I just think that another user that I know would be interested in it? If I posted a topic like that, then I would want it to be viewed by that user.

If there is no feature like this, than I think it would be a good thing to add. When someone starts a new topic, they would be a text box below the Tags section to write a list of users to notify. The number of users that the post could be "dedicated" to should be limited based on rank.

Edited by LiamM32

Not that I know of, you could just copy the URL and send it to them through a PM if there is no feature like that...

I haven't heard of a feature like this either however what you could do is say something like "first off I'd just like to thank......"

I haven't heard of a feature like this either however what you could do is say something like "first off I'd just like to thank......"
Are you saying that if I added a username to the tags or to the text on the topic, than they would be notified? What if the first post in the topic quoted them? Edited by LiamM32

There is an option to be notified when someone quotes a post by you, but - luckily - the notification can't be forced (i.e., when the user doesn't have the option to be notified checked, they won't be notified). The simplest option would be to send someone a PM.