Masterbricker321

Lego City 2012 Hospital ideas?

I would love to see a big hospital set ($100 range) like the Police Station and then smaller Add-On sets for an ER with a waiting room, maybe a lobby, Helipad with a helicopter.

Have each set add onto the main set.

That would be a cool idea.

~LCM

I would love to see a big hospital set ($100 range) like the Police Station and then smaller Add-On sets for an ER with a waiting room, maybe a lobby, Helipad with a helicopter.

Have each set add onto the main set.

That would be great, but I'd rather see the "main" set around $70 - since it's not licensed or anything.

Edited by darkdragon

Id like to see a large scale hospital 3-4 floors with two surgical rooms with lots of patient beds with like x ray charts etc with alot of neat stickers.

For the hospital a sky ambulance would be cool maybe a off road rescue team like 1896.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

As long as it has re-build value (like the old hospital 6380) I'm fine with it. Not too many single-piece walls and huge windows please, TLG!

- Sok.

I'd like to see more sets showing the interior of a hospital - perhaps various sets which are compatible to form larger hospital sets from a range of smaller sets. E.g. an operating theatre, recovery ward, reception area, cafeteria, maternity wing?...

I really hope there will be a mould for a manual wheelchair in a grey colour, where a minifigure can be seated and pushed along by another. It would be great to have a lot of NEW civilian figures (poorly looking patients and visiting family) and specific figures for doctors, nurses, surgeons, paramedics, rather than just the 'standard Lego medic torso' for anybody medical looking.

I'm willing to bet we will just get the usual though - 1 big hospital set with big windows and no interior, an ambulance and a medic in an odd-looking car.

Well you know they will at least do a hospital, an ambulance, and a life-flight helicopter set. My hope would be that they will include a vet and/or a doctor's office set. Perhaps an MRI or X-ray setup? I could see them using a light brick for an x-ray set. Would they do a dentist office as part of this theme?

I would prefer a modular hospital, but any hospital has to better than the one from 2005.

I would like to see a building about the size of the current police station with some rooms, such

as a kid getting his/her checkup, an ER, a pharmacy, and a lobby.

P.S. Do we have any other rumors?

I would prefer a modular hospital, but any hospital has to better than the one from 2005.

I would like to see a building about the size of the current police station with some rooms, such

as a kid getting his/her checkup, an ER, a pharmacy, and a lobby.

P.S. Do we have any other rumors?

I whole-heartedly agree with the above comments. Whatever we get has to be big. A modular hospital would be awesome, you could fit tonnes of details both interior and exterior into a modular. Play-wise, a large set like a Police Station would be cool too (and a bit cheaper!! :grin: ), as long as the garage is big enough to let the current City Ambulance pass through.

A very large hospital has been on my wish list for ever. I would like to see sets where alternative builds can serve as as modular like add ons, as you buy multiple of the one set. The first would have to include emergency, medical imaging, theatre. Followed by ward areas, intensive care, paediatrics, laboratory, outpatient Drs rooms, biomedical engineering and list could go on and on. It would be great to see a message of health promotion, eating healthy food in the cafeteria, walking the dog and wearing a bike helmet.

In the early 90's I think Dacta, Lego's education arm brought out this.

9364-1.1105127518.thumb2.jpg

So I guess this is the kind of thing everyone is talking about a hospital like this ? :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

So I guess this is the kind of thing everyone is talking about a hospital like this ? :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Yes, but not in this size. I'd more think of the 2006 hospital - only a bit bigger and with regular baseplate, without helicopter and quad, therefore with ambulance.

A new hospital theme for sure has to have a new, bigger hospital, a rescue helicopter, an ambulance and a doctor's car or emergency minifigure collection.

But from what I've heard, there regrettably doesn't seem to be any hospital theme in 2012. :thumbdown:

Therefore there will be a never before seen theme which sounds amazing to me. :thumbup:

But please don't ask me for more information since I promised not tell. Apart from that I haven't seen any pics nor got detailed set information.

Klaus-Dieter

I always thought it was weird that LEGO never made a hospital; they've made plenty of ambulances. While I'd never be able to afford it, a large $100 building would be impressive.

I always thought it was weird that LEGO never made a hospital; they've made plenty of ambulances. While I'd never be able to afford it, a large $100 building would be impressive.

Er, yes they have 2006 crappy 7892 (goodness I was glad when I scrapped it :grin: )....there has been at least two medical centres in the classic town era. :wink:

Hopefully there will be a large 6 wide paramedic ambulance with two crew members and tricked out with medical tech ! :grin:

Hi

I too would like to see a new/updated Hospital/Medical theme series for 2012/13. Whether this is on the "City" line or Town Modular would depend but then again the modular fire station came out in 2009 then the latest city Fire station came out in 2010 so what about both for buyers of each style of sets.

If its "City" I would like to see a series similar to what they have for the police. Currently the Police series has 9 seperates to add/go together.

First a decent size hospital on a flat base similar in size to the latest Police Station (7498) with similar amount of minifigures (6), those being 2 x nurses, 2 x doc and 2 x patients. It would have a better Ambulance/casualty drop off area outside Accident & Emergency dept/ER, unlike the ramp version on Hospital set 7892. For this they could use 2 x Dark bluish gray baseplates, Road 16x16 with driveway, joined together to make a sort of drive-thru drop off under a canopy. There would have to be atleast an A&E/ER plus a reception area on ground floor, a theatre and ICU on 1st floor and recovery ward area on 2nd floor. The vehicles would be at least 1 ambulance and one othertype but this would increase the minifig count by at least 3, 2 for Amb and one for other vehicle.

To add to the hospital series there could be a few more in line with the police series. These could be (includes comparison to Police sets to get idea of content and price)

Paramedic Fast Response set with car or van similar to 7902 and motor bike with 2 Medic's, one for each vehicle plus eqpt and a patient. (similar to set 3648)

Medical minifigure set - 2 nurses and 2 patients plus bed and drips resembling Doc and patient set 4936 from 2007 (similar to set 7279)

Rescue Helicopter - updated from rescue helicopter 7903 but same as latest police helicopter with 3 medic's & 1 Patient (similar to set 3658)

Ambulance - Separate ambulance maybe American style like some of the good MOC's that are out there as most people would like to have

more than one ambulance. 2 x medics and 1 patient (similar to set 7286)

Ambulance Stn - Update to paramedic unit from "town" 6364 but could have a Station similar to Fire station 7249 from 2005 but with

roller doors at the garage and come with 1 ambulance and 1 car and 3 medics (similar to set 3661)

Medical centre - similar to Bank money transfer, but can be attached to the hospital with 2 or 3 docs plus 2 patients. This could have

an amount of stickers so several could be bought to be different hospital wards such as maternity etc (similar to set 3661)

Air Ambulance - Updated plane from model 2064 in 2007 but with 2 medics and patient

Doc & patient - Re release of set 4936 or 7267 (promo set) in a poly bag.

Well seems like a lot but would create a decent series.

If on the other hand they made a Town Modular build this would follow that series and have great architecture but not have all the bolt on's like "City" would.

As a child I had a few different hospitals in my collection. They were probably the most boring sets that I had. I agree with many of the comments already made here in that we need a larger building. More detail would be nice such as a waiting room, a couple different check-up rooms with various equipment and possibly an ER. A 5-6 stud wide ambulance would be nice too. Overall just more rooms and more detail like the recent Police sets.

There will be an ambulance in the jan city wave as part of a "great vehicles" subtheme. That can be taken as a sign both that there will be more hospital sets in the second wave as well as that there won't be...

There will be an ambulance in the jan city wave as part of a "great vehicles" subtheme. That can be taken as a sign both that there will be more hospital sets in the second wave as well as that there won't be...

Bingo, our first city set for 2012 is an ambulance.....great vehicles subtheme....oh, does that mean we get a realistic real life minifig scale paramedic ambulance ? :moar:

And what other vehicles might there be....hey, the girls is a subtheme....let me guess this is a boys subtheme ? Oh, boy....if that is the case, that Lego it's not the 1950's anymore ! :roflmao:

My Lego City has a kind of 'small town' theme, so only small emergency buildings fit in. I got my police building from 7743, but I don't have a fire or a medical building yet...

That's why I'd like to see a small 'clinic' in addition to the main hospital. Maybe with a small doctor's car, like 7902.

Incidentally, these 'rumours' of the hospital theme returning in 2012... are they based on anything anyone has heard, or is it just that it has been a long time since we last saw the theme, so it seems quite likely to return?

As a kid, I had the 6380 Emergency Treatment Center and it was one of my top favorite sets! I remember being fascinated by the ambulance and the overhead surgical light. :cry_happy:

If Lego were to release new Hospital sets, I would love to see a detailed ambulance, various torsos for the medical staff, a wheelchair, crutches,... Maybe they could go the 'Playmobil route' and release one big set plus different add on sets that you can actually attach to the main set. Hospital expansion Lego style!