Heroica RPG General Discussion

34609 replies to this topic

#15701 Tanma

Tanma

Member: 20377

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostCallMePie, on 25 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

...He accepts Arthur's telescope. De'kra gives him a piercing stare.

...why are my shipping sense tingling?

No, resist! Focus on backstory, remember how OOC that is! Focus!

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

#15702 Endgame

Endgame

• Welp you dead

Member: 20312

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'll be able to get the blacksmith up in a few hours: my brother has some college stuff he needs to do on the computer. :blush:
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Currently hosting Quest #97: Infestation and Quest #99: Six Thousand Feet Under

#15703 Zepher

Zepher

• Knows his sh...ociology

Member: 3241

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostSandy, on 25 November 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but I've come to the decision that the Shaman class is in balance now with just the Shield-skill changed, considering it is a damager/healer -type of class. Of  Well, the Master classes are insanely powerful, but we'll tackle that beast once someone hits Level 50 first. :tongue:

I was actually reading over them the other day.  Retreat can absolutely not be a thing.  It would make balancing battles so hard.... but I was going to wait until we were closer to the quest to put that in.

View PostScubacarrot, on 25 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I am very sorry, but I have no choice. I am putting Quest 40 on hold. Due to some personal stuff I just can't bring to an end in a reasonable amount of time. The heroes can return to the hall and sign up for any other quest. When I can, I will continue with Quest 40, probably in a few months time, When that happens, I invite each of the six heroes back. Again, I am very, very sorry. But I don't see another option that would be fair to the heroes.

Dude, life happens.  Thank you for being honest about it and letting us go.  Strivvi has shown a lot to Boomingham, and I'll certainly be there when we return!  :thumbup:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#15704 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostTanma, on 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

...why are my shipping sense tingling?

No, resist! Focus on backstory, remember how OOC that is! Focus!

Glad to know I'm not the only Shipper On Deck here.  I'm so crazy I've even figured out potential ships for my NPCs. :tongue:

Still think Erdy/Pretzel could work, BTW. :grin:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#15705 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostZepher, on 25 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I was actually reading over them the other day.  Retreat can absolutely not be a thing.  It would make balancing battles so hard.... but I was going to wait until we were closer to the quest to put that in.

You're talking about the Paragon's job trait, "Retreat", right? But that's just a Smoke Bomb put as an ability... Does it need a clearer description, perhaps?

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#15706 Tanma

Tanma

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, Almei was my gateway drug if you will. After that came others like Sugerless Gum, Museum Heist/Traught, Appa/Momo (I'm staying clear of the Katara minefield), Shadowcat/Spider-Man, Zoethian, and so on. Its really odd, since I am not convinced that live is feasible in reality. It's probably an escapism thing.

More on topic, I don't know if I honestly ship anyone in Heroica. Although I am not opposed to Tarn/Ella.

Posted Image
De'kra stats

My stories: Knifefish Automaton Knifefish 2 Kaeru Kitsune Spiders Spiders 2 To Come Upon Living Machines The Hunt

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

#15707 Zepher

Zepher

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostSandy, on 25 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

You're talking about the Paragon's job trait, "Retreat", right? But that's just a Smoke Bomb put as an ability... Does it need a clearer description, perhaps?

Endless smoke bombs?  I feel like it's going to be really hard for them to not retreat every time that a battle gets even a little challenging.  They retreat, patch up wounds, and try again.  They could take the battle round by round if they wanted.  But we have yet to see it in action, so what do I know. :blush:

On a side note, don't know why I wrote "closer to the quest".  I meant "closer to using the class".

I would not be opposed to Tarn and Ella either.  We'd just need to get them together a few more times.  My NPCs don't fall for people easily.  Flirt a little, certainly, end up with... less often.  I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

Edited by Zepher, 25 November 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#15708 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostZepher, on 25 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Endless smoke bombs?  I feel like it's going to be really hard for them to not retreat every time that a battle gets even a little challenging.  They retreat, patch up wounds, and try again.  They could take the battle round by round if they wanted.  But we have yet to see it in action, so what do I know. :blush:

It's up to the QM and the situation if a retreated party is allowed to re-enter a battle. Also remember that if the Paragon is knocked out, the possibility of using Retreat is lost.

I don't believe this will be an issue, considering how seldom Smoke Bombs are used anyway.

#15709 Endgame

Endgame

• Welp you dead

Member: 20312

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Also do not forget that the QM could, thereotically, heal up their enemies too. That is how I handeled it in 36, anyway. :look:
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Currently hosting Quest #97: Infestation and Quest #99: Six Thousand Feet Under

#15710 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostTanma, on 25 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

More on topic, I don't know if I honestly ship anyone in Heroica. Although I am not opposed to Tarn/Ella.

Interesting...I'd agree with you there, though it seems like we're in the minority there; there seem to be a lot more fans of Tarn/Tensi and Tarn/Ellaria for some reason.

Incidentally, I also ship Docken/Boomingham, but even I know that's a Crack Pairing. :blush:

I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

Cronk? :blush:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#15711 Zepher

Zepher

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Tarn is a very popular hero in the love scape.  How are Jess and Haldor, by the way?  Still together... but haven't seen each other for a very long time?  Right?  I think they're our only two active heroes together.  Thothwick being the only other hero in a relationship.

As for Boomingham... who knows.  He's much older than most other heroes, and he did have a wife already who hurt him pretty badly.  Nyx indicated sort of feelings towards him for a while at the beginning of 40, but Pandora has been sort of MIA here, and Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for.  Boomingham views Nyx as a daughter much more than anything else, but I was still excited to see where that dynamic went.

Cronk actually said in Quest 7 that he was a Frog for a short while.  Though I don't know if he and Poletad really ever interacted much.  Poletad is friends with Tarn, Nyx, and Skrall more than anyone.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#15712 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sandy, for Valentine's Day, in addition to the return of Etherial Letters, can we have Chesterine's Dating Service?  Pretty please? :grin:

View PostZepher, on 25 November 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Tarn is a very popular hero in the love scape.  How are Jess and Haldor, by the way?  Still together... but haven't seen each other for a very long time?  Right?  I think they're our only two active heroes together.  Thothwick being the only other hero in a relationship.

As for Boomingham... who knows.  He's much older than most other heroes, and he did have a wife already who hurt him pretty badly.  Nyx indicated sort of feelings towards him for a while at the beginning of 40, but Pandora has been sort of MIA here, and Nyx and XX are the couple I'm hoping for.  Boomingham views Nyx as a daughter much more than anything else, but I was still excited to see where that dynamic went.

Cronk actually said in Quest 7 that he was a Frog for a short while.  Though I don't know if he and Poletad really ever interacted much.  Poletad is friends with Tarn, Nyx, and Skrall more than anyone.

Haldor's a total Shipper On Deck for Althior/Alexis, though I actually have a different target in mind for him...but I won't push it, since even though it (like most of my mental pairings) is a Crack Pairing, I think it could actually work out really well, and I don't want to taint that possibility.

I think Boomers might actually do well with Tensi, for some strange reason.  There's something really no-nonsense about her, and she definitely has an old soul...time will tell.  *begins writing fanfic* :tongue:

And YES I want to see Nyx/XX! :drool:

Not Arthur? :cry_sad: :tongue:  IDK, something about those two seems like it might work, and since Cronk is a shoe-in for the last Wren Quest...

Heh heh, the last Wren Quest is totally going to be this bizzare mix of mortal peril and relationship hijinks, isn't it? :tongue:

Posted Image
[STATS]

#15713 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Member: 14025

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ellaria/Tarn/Tesni was a little RP thing going on ages back.  Tarn had a thing for Tesni but she wasn't interested, and as young folk do, Tarn's attention wandered. Ellaria put away her feelings for him once Elpis was born.

But the Ella thing really is interesting. I think there was a real spark there. The main thing is that as a Zepher NPC I don't fancy her survival chances long term! But I would love to see Tarn go back to Dastan and see her. Maybe if we start adding fiction stories to the lore, I'll write something.

Posted Image
Tarn Valco, level 25 Raider in the Heroica RPG, searching for a lost book of fairytales in Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior

here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#15714 Tanma

Tanma

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

How could I forget Nyx/XX? Yeah, they have something there, hopefully we will get to see more of them together.

Posted Image
De'kra stats

#15715 Zepher

Zepher

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostRumble Strike, on 26 November 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

But the Ella thing really is interesting. I think there was a real spark there. The main thing is that as a Zepher NPC I don't fancy her survival chances long term! But I would love to see Tarn go back to Dastan and see her. Maybe if we start adding fiction stories to the lore, I'll write something.

Well, as I've said, Ella is the ONLY major living NPC from any Wren quest who will not actively be in the final one... because seriously, who would send her towards Wren after you guys saved her.  There's no reason for her to be there.  BUT, I can tell you with certainty she WILL reappear in at least one other quest hosted by me, and that Dastan is slated to come back at some point in the future, and the QM has graciously allowed for at least the idea of all my Dastan NPCs making a reappearance if the heroes track them down.  AND I have a little something planned for you and her if you end up coming on the final Wren Quest.  :wink:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

#15716 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Member: 14025

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Well with Hybros killing everything in one hit, Tarn should be able to make the sign up. Thanks Hybros! Killing all those bandits could have a huge impact on the future of Dastan hehe

Posted Image
Tarn Valco, level 25 Raider in the Heroica RPG, searching for a lost book of fairytales in Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior

here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#15717 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• On a Title Roll

Member: 11254

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostTanma, on 26 November 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

OOC: Yeah logically, but I know I have used my cloak right before a battle began, but then switched cloaks first round. It was all the way back in Quest 4, but it was the finale battle. Still, if thats so its so.
The rule that you have to take a Turn to switch artifacts in a battle was created after Quest 4.

#15718 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Cheap Fiddle

Member: 9860

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostFlipz, on 25 November 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Cronk? :blush:
Cronk would love to be friends with Poletad but I don't think it could ever be more than that.  There're a few reasons, one of which is backstory related.

#15719 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostScubacarrot, on 25 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I am very sorry, but I have no choice. I am putting Quest 40 on hold. Due to some personal stuff I just can't bring to an end in a reasonable amount of time. The heroes can return to the hall and sign up for any other quest. When I can, I will continue with Quest 40, probably in a few months time, When that happens, I invite each of the six heroes back. Again, I am very, very sorry. But I don't see another option that would be fair to the heroes.

Sorry to hear that Scuba, I've always upheld the opinion that RL comes first. Thanks for the great job you did thus far. :thumbup:

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as Ex-highwayogre:

Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 31 Ogre, Hunter

#15720 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Member: 7199

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Jeez, that was a lot of rounds. :wacko:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 31 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
CallMePie, Imperial Snowtrooper in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

#15721 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

And sorry to make you run them again (especially after I got some Gold), but... :wink:

Posted Image
[STATS]

#15722 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostFlipz, on 25 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Sandy, for Valentine's Day, in addition to the return of Etherial Letters, can we have Chesterine's Dating Service?  Pretty please? :grin:

Ethereal Letters won't be back, but I have a much better event planned for next February. A dating service hits quite close to that, actually... :grin:

#15723 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Member: 7199

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Yay, Barty's back. :grin:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 31 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
CallMePie, Imperial Snowtrooper in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

#15724 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

• All Systems Go!

Member: 16378

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I wonder if anyone will ever marry Poletad.

I'm sure that Leo (If he were still here) would find himself flirting with a frog after everyone else in the known universe told him to go away. :tongue:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]

#15725 Pyrovisionary

Pyrovisionary

Member: 30624

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Sarge will be.. Running. He is always avoiding people.  :tongue:
/Just-revealed-most-of-his-backstory

Edited by Skyrimguy, 26 November 2012 - 08:54 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"All around the Sta'actus plant; the stalker chased the Bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun: POP goes the bandit!" -Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2)

Heroica stats!

Sergeant Jon McEncy in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

When life gives you lemons:

"Don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"I'm gonna put my pain into your soul!"

"The prince of justice and genocide has something to say: Gone are the days of the tentacle and the age of the gods' mercy is far away...We are the fighters of the middle, the second act in the three-part MEAT play, AND I WILL WIN BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR!"

"Two + Two is Ten. IN BASE 4!"

"Thank you for riding the Psycho Express, Tooh-tooh! All aboard, I'll be collecting your tickets, we have beverages in the DINING CAR!!"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users