Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools

Eurobricks is proud to announce a new forum - LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools.

During the last 6 months interest in LDD has increased tremendously here at Eurobricks and our member Superkalle has played an important role in this. After crowding the Lego General News thread with LDD talk, LDD has now got a home of it's own. This is a move that further established Eurobricks as the primary place for LDD talk on the internet. It was for example at Eurobricks that the news was revealed about the whole new extended palette of bricks known as Universe Mode.

In the LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools forum we will be able to gather all discussion about digital design, but also the digital workflow, from design ideas, to creation, to post-processing or ordering the bricks. You will also be able to get help with using LDD, get tips on building techniques and getting general support on WIP projects.

However, please note that finished MOCs that you have done in LDD shall be posted in their respective theme forums (e.g. LEGO Pirates, LEGO town, etc.)

So, if you are even remotely interested in digital design using LDD, this new forum is for you.

FAQ:

Q: Why is not LDD grouped together with Lego Universe?

A: LDD is foremost a tool for creating or modifying designs that can also be built with physical Lego. From that respect, LDD has actually a much stronger connection to the traditional Lego creative and building process, then it has to for example gaming. Even so, LDD can in the future perhaps become a platform also for rendering, animation or other digital activities.

I am currently working whit two ship in LDD, First smaller one will be HMS Princess and bigger will be HMS Mary Queen i can tell you that already :wink: But i havent downloaded the Universe mode because Superkalle`s tutorial is only for Windows 7 and XP, but what about us who are working whit Vista? (i guess almoust everyone has Vista in their homes) my XP Broke upso i was must buy this Vista and must say at Vista is OK but XP was better :hmpf_bad:

Captain Becker

I am currently working whit two ship in LDD, First smaller one will be HMS Princess and bigger will be HMS Mary Queen i can tell you that already :wink: But i havent downloaded the Universe mode because Superkalle`s tutorial is only for Windows 7 and XP, but what about us who are working whit Vista? (i guess almoust everyone has Vista in their homes) my XP Broke upso i was must buy this Vista and must say at Vista is OK but XP was better :hmpf_bad:

Captain Becker

The Universe Mode activation should work just as well in Vista as in XP or Win7. If you have any further question, please start a new thread in the new LDD forum.

To everyone else - so, what do you think about the new LDD forum?

Yes! A form for LDD. We needed one for a while. Good choice to make one. I do think this should be it's own Forum and not a sub-forum.

Wmanidi

I personally am not a user of the program but I have seen many creations and I think it's an awesome tool, it was only a matter of time before EB gave it a permenant home.

Great work you guys.

I have no doubt that I will visit the forum from time to time, adn if I ever get that laptop I've been dreaming about, I may give the program a shot.

Yes! A form for LDD. We needed one for a while. Good choice to make one. I do think this should be it's own Forum and not a sub-forum.

If this sub-forum does well we might take that step in the future. The reason this is started under "LEGO General Discussion and News" is because we really want to make the link between LDD and building with actual LEGO bricks.

Cool! I've always felt that LDD was a theme of it's own, and that it deserved its own forum. :thumbup:

BTW, you spelled Superkalle wrong :tongue:

EDIT: Well, at least it was wrong...

Edited by prateek

Yay! :sweet: LDD has deserved a forum for quite a while. Can't wait to see what creations and contests pop up here.

very nice idea to give LDD an own forum. :thumbup:

I've been working on techniques for my "Superbe" a bit in LDD and I have to say that it is an outstanding program, esspecially with all bricks unlocked (universe mod).

You can use space much more effective than with real bricks... it takes some time though

Yay! :sweet: LDD has deserved a forum for quite a while. Can't wait to see what creations and contests pop up here.

Finished LDD creations will still go into the respective theme forums as the announcement says :wink:

This is awesome! I noticed that General Discussion and News was getting a bit hard to sift through. Good job Superkalle for helping this happen! As a heavy LDD user I'm glad to see the program get some recognition (and hopefully some upgrades from this :tongue:)

Best prog ever made and a well deserved place here. Go Superkalle for helping make this happan!