The Revolutionary - Sparking the Fire

Link to Prologue (Part 1):

http://www.eurobrick...wtopic=91024

Link to Cities of the Westfolk (Part 2):

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=91055

Link to The Wildermen (Part 3):

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=91172

Hello EB,

Here's the 4th and second last installment in the Revolutionary series. The MOC and backstory were done in a rush so they aren't my best work, but oh well. The backstory is a little longer this time (1000+ words :classic: ) so if you aren't in a mood for reading, just scroll down :sweet: .

Without further ado:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: This installment occurs several months after The Wildermen.

Joash breathed heavily. He looked around himself, gazing at the masses of Wildermen assembled before him.

It had been several months since, but Joash still couldn't forget his conversation with Ruoth, his cousin.

"Joash Colbat. A pleasure indeed," a voice, belonging to a Wilderman unknown to Joash, had said. He was definitely the leader.

"A pleasure?" Joash had asked, still half asleep.

The Wilderman then chuckled lightly.

"I am Ruoth, son of Druight, Lord of the Wildermen. Or was Lord until you arrived."

Joash was fully awake by then.

"What?"

"You are confused, Joash, are you not?"

"Yes! And I want answers!"

"Very well then. Men, leave us." Ruoth then signalled to the guards that flanked him. "What is your question?"

"Who am I? What does my father have to do with you? And why am I here?"

"I'll start with the last question," Ruoth had said, unfazed. "You are here because you are one of us. You are a Wilderman, Joash. And I believe I've answered your first question as well. As for the second question, he was not your father. He wasn't a Wilderman, either. But he offered to take you in. It was his fault, Joash, for not explaining to you who you really are."

Joash then processed what he'd just heard. So, he'd spent his whole life living with someone who wasn't his father. It shocked him.

Then came a pause for a few minutes, but Ruoth didn't leave.

Joash then finally spoke.

"You didn't fully answer my first question. Who am I? How am I your leader? And who's hunting me?"

Ruoth then sighed.

"Many years ago, the Kingdom of the Wildermen dominated the Earth. We ruled over the lands of the Westfolk and further. But when the new power rose up, it all changed. They bore the crests of Lions on their shields and banners. They destroyed the cities of the Westfolk and killed them all. They drove us, the Wildermen, from our lands and exiled us. But we resisted. Your Grandfather lead the charge against the opposing force. But there were too many. Nevertheless the Wildermen put up a last stand, and fought to the last man. By the time your grandfather was finally slain, the new power had suffered losses so brutal, they could no longer fight us and left us alone. Your real father was but a small child then. For years there was no disruption from the new power, who called themselves the Blue Lions. Your real father married and begat you by your mother. You were barely one when civil war broke out amongst the Blue Lions. Those still loyal to the Blue Lion Queen still bore the crests of Lions, but the rebellion bore a crest of a Dragon, thus dubbing themselves the Red Dragons. All this did not at all concern us, until the rebellion tried to recruit us into their schemes. We refused, and they attacked us. You real father was slain in battle. Your real mother was captured, but you were saved by chance and were placed the care of your foster father."

Ruoth had then paused for a moment, then continued.

"We finally managed to drive back the attackers, but with no King, we were leaderless. The King's brother, my father, was also slain in battle, so that left me to rule. You are our King, Joash. I am willing to step aside to let you rule. Will you not accept?"

Joash had had to pause for a second. There was a lot to take in.

"Why, then, are the Red Dragons hunting me?"

"The civil war is not over. The Red Dragons want you dead. If you are restored into your rightful place as King, you will be another enemy for them to face. Likewise, the Blue Lions see you as a threat. They also want you dead. Joash, you are not safe unless you become King. Will you not accept?" Ruoth had repeated.

After several minutes had flow by with no answer from Joash, Ruoth had left.

Joash snapped out of his reverie. He still did not know why he had later accepted the offer and ascended the throne. Maybe it was because he wanted revenge against the powers that devastated his family, his lands, his people. Maybe it was because he could not stand seeing the Wildermen so defenseless. Yes, he it was both of those reasons. Joash wanted revenge, he wanted to fight back. He wanted the Wildermen to strike both the Blue Lions and the Red Dragons. Joash wanted to see Lion and Dragon blood spilled.

And now, he needed to convince all of the Wildermen to join his cause. To rally to their new King, to destroy those who opposed him.

"Wildermen, my brothers! For years, we have lived under the oppression of the Lions and the Dragons. We have been exiled from our lands! May we retake our Kingdom, and stain the land with blood, ere the Sun sets!"

Joash's short paragraph was accompanied by loud shouts of approval from the Wildermen. Joash then knew that there was no need to agitate them. They would follow their King to their death.

"We must coordinate our strike on our enemies carefully. Lord Ruoth will lead his forces in a systematic clearing of our borders. Lord Jaruo will capture the lands of the Dragons and I will push for the Lion capital."

Joash's plan was to concentrate more of their forces on the Lions rather than the Dragons. The fall of the Kingdom of the Lions would be harder to fell than the Kingdom of the Dragons, as the Lions outnumbered the Dragons more than two to one.

"Have faith, my brothers! We will take back our homeland, and we will come out victorious! Do not fear the enemy. We will have victory!"

And with that, Lord Ruoth and his forces streamed out of the square. It did not occur to Joash that his speech would spark a wildfire that would engulf all three Kingdoms in flame. He had initiated what would later be known as the Revolution of the Wildermen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The actual MOC is not really covered in the events of the backstory. The scene depicts the clearing of the Wildermen borders which takes place shortly after the events of the backstory. The force is lead by Lord Ruoth, center Wilderman (guy with the black ninja headdress)

Since it is revealed in this installment that Joash is a Wilderman, I think it is safe to explain why Joash is a fleshie. All the Wildermen in the series are fleshies, so it makes sense to make Joash a fleshie. That also explains why Joash's foster father was not a fleshie (he was not a Wilderman).

12201326005_ebdccecc36.jpg

12201325605_898c6e79eb.jpg

12201577353_952250b39f.jpg

12201576573_ea478e83fc.jpg

12201744024_a747b77bf2.jpg

12201577043_50d96014b2.jpg

Thanks for viewing, please comment if you liked it or you hated it or whatever :laugh: . C&C welcome. If you enjoyed this installment, be sure to check out the rest of the series (links at the top of the page). I hope to post the Epilogue up at the start of next week.

JoashColbat

Edited by JoashColbat