___

[INTERPRETATION] Blacktron prototypes (cca. 1987-1988)

good things, i like it very much,thanks fro your sharing35.gif

No problem - being happy you like it. :classic:

Edited by bublible

Very cool! I might have to try and make that base at some point.

Gotta say, those yellow arms are distracting. They look too much like bare arms in space - glad Lego didn't go for that. :)

Very cool! I might have to try and make that base at some point.

Well good luck to you as I have to tell you that the base was the most horrific experience when it comes to such reverse-engineering like this one, but at the end of the work - when it's time for one to find out their possible modularities/functionalities - it's great feeling for what one was able to build just from one rather dark and not much quality image (YES: they all have modularities as I always making them as if I was in fact real LEGO designer, so you can await some new renders showing just that: their modularitites :wink: ) + the base has in fact some QUITE UNIQUE ones (although it is completely just my own imagination what it could probably do based upon what kind of stuff I put there and brick-logic suggestions, of course, as all of this is EXTREMELY HYPOTHETICAL).

Gotta say, those yellow arms are distracting. They look too much like bare arms in space - glad Lego didn't go for that. :)

Hm, I don't know - to me it doesn't look distracting at all. :devil: On the other hand more distracting to me are those 3 white upside-down triangles on their torsos, they look kind of almost amateurish or not suitable for the overall design concept. :grin: But of course it is a matter of individual, personal taste, so I guess it is OK as it is/was.

Edited by bublible

I suspect that at least one reason for the base in the center of the reference image never making it to production is the massive size of the canopy. It beats out the bucket of the Technic Volvo loader in sheer size and would have been a nightmare to produce in trans-yellow without any minor defects standing out, not to mention being hideously fragile!

I suspect that at least one reason for the base in the center of the reference image never making it to production is the massive size of the canopy. It beats out the bucket of the Technic Volvo loader in sheer size and would have been a nightmare to produce in trans-yellow without any minor defects standing out, not to mention being hideously fragile!

I agree with the price tag - it'd be really expensive just for those 4 big quad domes alone when one like that costs cca. 30€ alone at Bricklink (!) so its 120€ just for those domes alone...but I do not think it would be too fragile: if you are talking about the construction please remember it is only my estimation "how it could be probably done" :wink: ...and even in my concept it is not fragile anywhere so I guess with LEGO's original design that would be even further more stable...but OK, who knows? :grin::tongue: