Clonecommando007

Eurobricks Clone Wars Building Contest

Welcome to Eurobricks' Star Wars Forum! :grin:

I'm Clonecommando007, and I'll be running the biggest Star Wars Lego contest the internet has ever seen; and it'll be run from right here!

Though I'm running this contest, we do have several sponsors, who are custom Lego parts dealers from across the web. I'd like to introduce them now...

tlassponsor.png

wuzzupbobsponsor.png

arealightsponsor.png

The Little Arms Shop has dozens of great Lego Star Wars weapons, such as their DC-17 and DC-15 rifle molds. They are all made out of solid plastic, and go great with your Lego Star Wars minifigures. Click their picture to go to their main page.

Wuzzupbob is a custom lego piece manufacturer, specializing in mainly Clone Wars era materials, such as Helmets, Jetpacks, and accessories. Click his picture to go to his bricklink store.

Arealight is a large scale custom parts dealer. His work is often the standard by which all other customs are measured. He makes custom helmets, hair pieces, capes, and much more. Click his picture to go to his bricklink page.

Now on to the contest!

Challenge:

Build either a Vignette or a Bignette depicting a conflict/confrontation/battle during the Clone Wars. You are allowed two entries total; one for each division.

Vignette Rules:

1. Your Vignette must be built on an 8x8 stud base.

2. There is no height limit for your Vignette.

3. The Vignette can be representing cannon or non-cannon material.

4. You are allowed to have 1 stud maximum of material hanging off each side of the base. This does not mean you can build a 10x10 base overtop of your standard base.

5. Be creative; come up with your own scenario, troopers, natives, whatever. This is Clone Wars era, not necessarily clones.

6. You must provide a title and a minimum of two sentences describing your scene.

7. In your submission post, post only one picture of your vignette, the description, title, and a gallery link.

8. Your entry may contain official Lego sets, and/or your own designs.

9. Your entry may only consist of official LEGO parts, modified LEGO parts, parts by Wuzzupbob, Arealight, The Little Arms Shop, or other custom Lego parts dealers on the web.

10. Your submission may not be any previously built, displayed, or constructed model. Any such entry will be disqualified and the submitter may be disqualified as well.

Bignette Rules:

1. Your entry will be considered a Bignette on any base larger than 8x8.

2. There is no maximum size limit to your Bignette entry.

3. The Bignette can be representing cannon or non-cannon material.

4. Be creative; come up with your own scenario, troopers, natives, whatever. This is Clone Wars era, not necessarily clones.

5. You must provide a title and at least two sentences describing your entry to us.

6. In your submission post, post only one picture of your vignette, the description, title, and a gallery link.

7. Your entry may contain official Lego sets, and/or your own designs.

8. Your entry may only consist of official LEGO parts, modified LEGO parts, parts by Wuzzupbob, Arealight, The Little Arms Shop, or other custom Lego parts dealers on the web.

9. Your submission may not be any previously built, displayed, or constructed model. Any such entry will be disqualified and the submitter may be disqualified as well.

Submissions:

1. A 'co-ed' submission thread for the Vignettes and Bignettes will be opened on June 15th.

2. Do NOT submit your entries in this (the discussion) thread.

3. Any entries submitted in this thread will not be counted as entries unless they are submitted in the Submission thread.

4. The Submission thread will be closed on July 31st, and judging will begin shortly after.

5. Do not comment or post anything but submissions in the submission thread; please post all comments and questions in this thread.

Judging:

Once all submissions have been collected and categorized, a Poll will be opened to allow all members to vote for their favorite Vignette and favorite Bignette. Winners in both categories will be determined by the most votes.

Prizes:

Vignette Prizes:

First Place: $40 of your choice of The Little Arms Shop Weapons.

Second Place: $15 of your choice of Arealight's Custom Work.

Third Place: $15 of your choice of Wuzzupbob's Custom Moldings.

Fourth Place: A single figure of your choice previously created by the Amazing Customizer Wuzzupbob! It will be re-created just for you.

Bignette Prizes:

First Place: $40 of your choice of The Little Arms Shop Weapons.

Second Place: $20 of your choice of Wuzzupbob's Custom Moldings.

Third Place: $15 of your choice of Arealight's Custom Work.

Fourth Place: A single figure of your choice previously created by the Amazing Customizer Wuzzupbob! It will be re-created just for you.

Summary:

Go and build a Vignette, or a Bignette, or both, come back, post them, hope to win great prizes!

Special thanks to The Eurobricks Staff for letting me put this on. Thanks so much for running a great forum, guys! Also be sure to check out our Sponsors sites!

Sponsors:

tlassponsor.png

wuzzupbobsponsor.png

arealightsponsor.png

Questions, comments, suggestions? Put them up in this thread!!

EDIT Bonaparte:

I would like to remind everyone about the guidelines for posting pictures on Eurobricks (see member guidelines):

Images: Don't post images that are over 800x600 or are LEGO confidential. Images over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. Avatar images should be 100x100, and may not be more than 400x400. Before registering, please familiarize yourself with these tutorials to learn how to reduce your own images. Also, when quoting, don't quote images unless it is specifically needed. This just fills up posts with repeat images for no reason.

However, we won't be too strict and allow only for this contest a maximum picture size of 1024x1200. Everything bigger is really unacceptable. Those members will have to start resizing or they won't be allowed in the vote. Several tutorials on how to re-size pictures are available here. I will personally PM the members who's images are unacceptably big so they don't miss this message. I propose that Clonecommando007 waits a few day before starting the voting thread to give those members time to do the necessary resizing.

Here's a list:

yorkiejim (3072 x 2048)

Skipper 24 (3264 x 2448)

Dark Sword Ragnarok (1928 x 2572)

Commander Faie (3264 x 2448)

Resizing ON!

Edited by Bonaparte

Thanks Clonecommando007 for running this contest with some wonderful prizes.

Success to all the participants, I hope we see some original B/Vignettes!

Its about time you posted this 007. :tongue:

I have an entry I deem acceptable.

Edited by Uberlag

Sweet! I hope take 4th place! :tongue: I didn't get the "co-ed" thing at first but then I figured it out. You may have questions about that.

Edited by Rook

Yes; some of you might know this, but Wuzzupbob sells most of his amazing figures on Ebay. Several have gone for over $100 per figure. Both fourth places may be the most valuable prize, actually. :classic:

WOW! *oh2* This is so great! :cry_happy: I love the Clone Wars and can't wait to enter!

And the prizes are the best I've ever seen: custom pieces of your choice! Awesome! :cry_happy:

So, you can enter both a vignette AND a bignette? Sweet! :sweet: But where is the submissions thread? :sceptic: Link please? :classic:

CW ON! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yay, I love contests! I shall be entering both categories for this one. :sweet:

Yay a Star Wars contest and I have a lot of Clone Wars LEGO yay :sweet: good luck guys im already started on my entry to get a good idea so I can't be accused of copying lol

But where is the submissions thread? :sceptic: Link please? :classic:

CW ON! :thumbup:

If you're done already, you deserve a medal. :tongue: But really, the submission thread will be up in two weeks. That'll give you time to plan, build, and dream before the contest ends. :grin:

It's finally up and running, this has got to be one of the (if not the) best SW Lego contests ever conceived! :sweet:

This is the contest that I would almost prefer coming in last place (4th) then first, great sponsors=great prizes.

-Trafful

Sweet! allo of the events on EB sure are keeping me busy! ill try to think of some ideas tonight.

If you're done already, you deserve a medal. :tongue: But really, the submission thread will be up in two weeks. That'll give you time to plan, build, and dream before the contest ends. :grin:

I'm not done, but I'm gonna get started right away and try to be done by the time the thread is up, 'cause I'm going on vacation in two weeks! :wink: Therefore, it would be good if the thread was up by Friday the 13th, or else I would have to take the pics of my entry with me and post them from my laptop. :sceptic:

This sounds like a fantastic competition, and I would love to take part! :sweet:

I do have one question though, and I'm going to sound really stupid asking it....

What do you mean by Clone Wars? :blush:

Yes I know, point and laugh at the guy who's only seen the movies. I usually contain my expertise to dragons and such. I understand there is a TV show or something, is that the era this is based around? Or can it be based around EP II? So can there be droids as well as clone troopers? (Would it be worth buying 250 clone trooper packs? :tongue:) Sorry if this sounds like a really dumb question, but I'm a little confused, not being entirely up with my Star Wars faniness. :grin:

If some kindly person could give me some answers then that would be very much appreciated, and then we shall never mention this again... :wink:

Thanks very much everyone! :grin:

I'M IN! This is going to be the first and probably best contest I've ever been in! Thanks, CloneCommando007! By the way, I accidentally deleted my link to CABG :sceptic: Can you give me the link?

Is it ok to have the pic on a brickshelf or mocpages link? my camera can only take huge pics so I can't post with the orig. post for contest.

I can't wait until it opens... then I can post the link to BrSh or MPs! I just got done with it 3 1/2 mins. after I heard about it!

Is it ok to have the pic on a brickshelf or mocpages link? my camera can only take huge pics so I can't post with the orig. post for contest.

I can't wait until it opens... then I can post the link to BrSh or MPs! I just got done with it 3 1/2 mins. after I heard about it!

Send me the picture you want posted; I'll re-size it for you when it's time.

]What do you mean by Clone Wars?

The time between episode two and three. Clone Troopers vs. Battle Droids...But this is supposed to be a Clone Wars era contest; so if you have no clones in it, fine by me. A Jedi scouting a river, young Boba Fett Modifying Slave I, etc. Just as long as it's era appropriate; no Stormtroopers versus Rebels.

The time between episode two and three. Clone Troopers vs. Battle Droids...But this is supposed to be a Clone Wars era contest; so if you have no clones in it, fine by me. A Jedi scouting a river, young Boba Fett Modifying Slave I, etc. Just as long as it's era appropriate; no Stormtroopers versus Rebels.

Thanks that makes sense. :grin:

Right so if I bought 250 Clone Trooper Battle Packs and 250 Droid Battle Packs and built a huge battle scene with them, then that would be OK? :tongue: Not that I would do that of course... :devil:

The reason I asked was because I didn't know whether you meant clones and droids or if you meant something else. Thanks for clearing that up!

Can we have original characters that don't appear in the movies, such as a random civilian caught in the middle of a cross-fire? (that's only an example by the way :wink: )

I understand the bit with no stormies or rebels though, that is pretty obvious, even to a wannabe fan like me! :grin: I'll see what I can come up with. :sweet:

Right so if I bought 250 Clone Trooper Battle Packs and 250 Droid Battle Packs and built a huge battle scene with them, then that would be OK? :tongue:

Yes...As long as you send me a few clones as a tip for letting you win. :tongue::wink::laugh:

Can we have original characters that don't appear in the movies, such as a random civilian caught in the middle of a cross-fire? (that's only an example by the way :wink: )

Yes that would be perfectly fine. You can even make your own jedi, clone commanders, battles, sith, heck, make your own Chosen One too! :grin: It can be as cannon or non-cannon as you want it to be. Use your imagination.

Send me the picture you want posted; I'll re-size it for you when it's time.

Thanks that would be helpful!!

Your prizes...they are...

Impressive,

Most Impressive!

And indeed they're indeed they're. :wink: