Smitty500

[MOC] AT-TE v2!

Is it too late for a Clone Wars related MOC?

After many years of sitting in a box, waiting to be finished. I have finally completed my scale AT-TE. The story begins back in 2008 After getting the 7675 version, I decided to make it more movie accurate and minifig scale. I wanted to keep the color scheme the same of 7675. I started building December of 2008 with my first version.(seen in other folder). It was then in 2012, I had taken the challenge attempting to motorize the walker. It was an on and off project with many trials and tribulations. I found the project too difficult to complete, and got burned out by it.

At that point I just wanted a scale AT-TE, I had then decided to re-haul the entire walker, starting from the ground up, using most of the original outer shell. This is what I believe to be an accurate representation of the walker.

Model features opening troop doors, rotating cannon, accurate opening cockpit, posable legs, and a handle for carrying.

I present to you my Scale AT-TE walker.

http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/429975

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113021024@N05/

1466565711m_SPLASH.jpg

1466565811m_SPLASH.jpg

1466566207m_SPLASH.jpg

1466565952m_SPLASH.jpg

I hope you like the model, and as always feedback is appreciated!

This is outstanding. The cannons on the back are really well done. There are so many great little details everywhere, just well done.

Wow! Very Nice. It looks a lot better than 7675. Great job!

Thank you. 7675 cannot even compare.

This is outstanding. The cannons on the back are really well done. There are so many great little details everywhere, just well done.

Thanks Atlas. that whole back area was the last and most challenging part of it. Not 100% satisfied with the SNOT and slope mixtures, but I believe this resembles the tri-fold/triangular slopes the closest. I still like how it came out.

Perfect. It's absolutely perfect. Achieving all those angles is very impressive to say the least. I love the legs on it. I was trying to figure out what was drawing me to the legs so much as I think they're technically the same as the official model with the exception of the middle legs. Then it hit me:the feet! It's amazing to see how tweeting one small detail makes a world of difference!

I can see where some people enjoy SNOT builds, and don't get me wrong they're incredibly complex and my head spins trying to figure out how they do it, but I like seeing studs on models like this. It's lego after all. How many parts went into this beast?

Oh, and when the itch comes back to motorize it keep us updated! You may be shaking your head thinking "no way" right now, but you're as aware as I am that the desire comes back. It always comes back... :wink:

OK. I had to edit my post. Follow Smit's links. The 4 pics here don't do it justice. It literally has everything you could think of. Troop bay, deployment doors, etc. You've killed me with your dedication on this build. Between you and LiLime's AT AT in progress I'm officially dead. Oldjoebiwan is one with the force as they say. :laugh:

Edited by joebiwankenobi

That is a massive improvement over the original! I can't believe how seamless the joins are on all the wedge plates too! It's like they were all made specifically for that model with those uses in mind :laugh:

If that got released, I'd be straight on that. Have always loved the look of the AT-TE, and you've definitely done it justice for a minifig scale version!

Any idea on the number of pieces?

Perfect. It's absolutely perfect. Achieving all those angles is very impressive to say the least. I love the legs on it. I was trying to figure out what was drawing me to the legs so much as I think they're technically the same as the official model with the exception of the middle legs. Then it hit me:the feet! It's amazing to see how tweeting one small detail makes a world of difference!

I can see where some people enjoy SNOT builds, and don't get me wrong they're incredibly complex and my head spins trying to figure out how they do it, but I like seeing studs on models like this. It's lego after all. How many parts went into this beast?

Oh, and when the itch comes back to motorize it keep us updated! You may be shaking your head thinking "no way" right now, but you're as aware as I am that the desire comes back. It always comes back... :wink:

OK. I had to edit my post. Follow Smit's links. The 4 pics here don't do it justice. It literally has everything you could think of. Troop bay, deployment doors, etc. You've killed me with your dedication on this build. Between you and LiLime's AT AT in progress I'm officially dead. Oldjoebiwan is one with the force as they say. :laugh:

Thanks Joebiwan. the feet and legs were the first thing I worked on, the toes are the best part. As for a parts count, I am not too sure, I would have to estimate at least around 10,000 pieces. I will need to build it in LDD someday to to get an exact number. I do not think the itch will be here for awhile, here is a clip of when I had a motor installed

. Unless you know a good mechanical engineer, who could help with getting the legs too all move in the same EXACT spacing.

It was my goal to get every detail I could packed into this baby, unfortunately the interior is lacking a bit of strenuous detail.

Best AT-TE I've ever seen. Went crazy on your flickr

Thank you ImABrickmaster!

That is a massive improvement over the original! I can't believe how seamless the joins are on all the wedge plates too! It's like they were all made specifically for that model with those uses in mind :laugh:

If that got released, I'd be straight on that. Have always loved the look of the AT-TE, and you've definitely done it justice for a minifig scale version!

Any idea on the number of pieces?

Thanks Fuppylodders! I am amazed at how well they came together as well. It's like building a jigsaw puzzle, finding which angles will fit where. The rear section was the most difficult to figure out, but most satisfying once finished. MasterOfLego's version really helped as reference of what can be done. Wish I could submit this for an Ideas project. As for the piece count, I have to guesstimate around 10,000 pieces.

Thanks for the clip! After seeing it in action, I think you're being too hard on yourself. It looked great on the move. Also, the interior lacking strenuous detail? I haven't seen an AT TE with as much detail in it as yours. :thumbup:

10000 pieces.... Woah momma she's a biggun'

Wow, a whopping 10,000? :oh: She must be more than what meets the eye!

Anyway, you did a fantastic job on this vehicle, especially with how you managed to join the panels almost seamlessly. I also like how designed the rear turrets; how did you accomplish angling the sides in such a narrow space?

Good lord... the money I would spend on instructions for that beauty :O

Absolutely incredible build. I'm all about that interior :thumbup:

My bad everyone, I lied about the piece count. I looked at the count wrong. I am guessing there to be 2,000 pieces. I now realize how outrageous 10,000 can be...

Thanks for the clip! After seeing it in action, I think you're being too hard on yourself. It looked great on the move. Also, the interior lacking strenuous detail? I haven't seen an AT TE with as much detail in it as yours. :thumbup:

10000 pieces.... Woah momma she's a biggun'

I might be too hard on my self, but there was a lot of mechanichal problems not able to be seen in the video. the whole thing wobbled side to side, and it was not sturdy enough to take on anymore weight. It might be possible to achieve a perfect model, but I do not have the steam to do it. Besides,

already based off 75019. and for the interior I was wanting to add more computers and junk.

Wow, a whopping 10,000? :oh: She must be more than what meets the eye!

Anyway, you did a fantastic job on this vehicle, especially with how you managed to join the panels almost seamlessly. I also like how designed the rear turrets; how did you accomplish angling the sides in such a narrow space?

Thanks LiLme. The rear turrets were the challenge, I am super happy with how it came out. and that's simple, I used the most basic hinge.

Good lord... the money I would spend on instructions for that beauty :O

Absolutely incredible build. I'm all about that interior :thumbup:

Thanks Krask, Instructions aren't done yet, I may put them up for sale.

Thanks LiLme. The rear turrets were the challenge, I am super happy with how it came out. and that's simple, I used the most basic hinge.

Nice part usage—you did a terrific job on this.

I also like the use of the 4 x 4 wedge plate, with a cutout, it transitions seamlessly to the other.

My bad everyone, I lied about the piece count. I looked at the count wrong. I am guessing there to be 2,000 pieces. I now realize how outrageous 10,000 can be...

I might be too hard on my self, but there was a lot of mechanichal problems not able to be seen in the video. the whole thing wobbled side to side, and it was not sturdy enough to take on anymore weight. It might be possible to achieve a perfect model, but I do not have the steam to do it. Besides,

already based off 75019. and for the interior I was wanting to add more computers and junk.

Thanks Krask, Instructions aren't done yet, I may put them up for sale.

I don't often buy instructions for models of people's mocs (Anio does too many good models for me to keep up with the cost!) But I have bought 2 before. And without a doubt, I would purchase yours should they become available!

Any chance of a side by side comparison pic for size purposes with a 7675 version, or even the most recent one?

I don't often buy instructions for models of people's mocs (Anio does too many good models for me to keep up with the cost!) But I have bought 2 before. And without a doubt, I would purchase yours should they become available!

Any chance of a side by side comparison pic for size purposes with a 7675 version, or even the most recent one?

I would also buy a set of instructions for this beast if you ever decide to do that. Now with it being around 2000 rather than 10000, it seems slightly more feasible for me to do. :wink:

Since some people are interested in buying instructions, I will come up with some form of them.

As of now, both of my AT-TE sets are dismantled. but I will come up with something to show scale.

Stunning MOC, very well done!

This Moc is better than the official lego set!

Thank you for the compliment LEGO Train!

This is really good! I especially like the mass driver cannon and the side entrance hatch.

It is never too late for a Clone Wars MOC! This is a great model of the walker. The size increase is pretty accurate, and I'm especially fond of clean and precisely the edges of the differently-angled outer plate sections line up - this is great work! I haven't read all comments and therefor might repeat this one question: Does it have an interior, and if not, can one be built into the model and do you plan to do that?

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

This is really good! I especially like the mass driver cannon and the side entrance hatch.

I will have to give credit to MasterOfLego for the cannon, as I ripped most of his design from it.

It is never too late for a Clone Wars MOC! This is a great model of the walker. The size increase is pretty accurate, and I'm especially fond of clean and precisely the edges of the differently-angled outer plate sections line up - this is great work! I haven't read all comments and therefor might repeat this one question: Does it have an interior, and if not, can one be built into the model and do you plan to do that?

Thanks DarthTwoSheds! Yes this model does have an interior. If you follow the link to my Flickr page, you'll find more pictures of it (including interior shots). The model was planned from the beginning to have an interior!

Awesome job! :sweet:

Thanks Ceroknight!

Good stuff! Never got too into TCW so I cannot exactly comment on the representation this makes of an AT-TE but as a Lego MOC it looks awesome! The angles are very well created!

Edited by Cjd223

Fantastic! Aside from the great level of detail, it globally looks so smooth and solid! I also agree with joebiwankenobi, the gait as seen in the video looks quite natural to me, I think you did a great job!

Good stuff! Never got too into TCW so I cannot exactly comment on the representation this makes of an AT-TE but as a Lego MOC it looks awesome! The angles are very well created!

Thanks Cjd, took forever to get the angles perfect

Fantastic! Aside from the great level of detail, it globally looks so smooth and solid! I also agree with joebiwankenobi, the gait as seen in the video looks quite natural to me, I think you did a great job!

Thanks Arthur. It does look natural and all, but their was so much strain on the pins in the legs. and half the weight was not even applied.

Here is a sideview comparison of the new AT-TE with mine.

1467071279m_SPLASH.jpg