Shop@Home
Architecture Site
Bricklink

Edited by Rufus
21014 Added

Hello.

when I was looking at brickshop.nl,In the new items bar was this added:

LEGO 21012 Sydney Opera House.

The release date is 1 june 2012,and the price 39,99 euro's.

this was the same site that give us information about the pet shop,and the joust,so I think we can trust this.

What do you think?

Sounds like a new set in the Architecture line. It sounds neat, but I wonder how they will do it with only 40 Euros of pieces.

Being Australian, I can't help but be excited and disappointed from hearing this news. I was hoping for a set more in the vein of the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower and Tower Bridge.

Edited by Brickus

Being Australian, I can't help but be excited and disappointed from hearing this news. I was hoping for a set more in the vein of the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower and Tower Bridge.

I'm not Australian but I agree with you. The Sydney Opera house would have made a wonderful Taj Mahal sized set. I'm not a big fan of the architecture line.

The first set for this year will be

21012 Sydney Opera House

No pictures or info when this will be released yet, but stay tuned!

Edited by grogall

We have a thread for this already, grogall. Merging....

Sorry, even searched the thread before posting :wacko:

Which means I can't keep it up to date like I did with the 2011 one either :thumbdown:

Edited by grogall

While I love the idea of the architecture sets none of them have appealed to me that much so I haven't bought any of them yet. However, my grandfather who died a couple of years back emigrated from the UK to Australia to help build the Opera House so there's no way I could resist this one because of the personal connection. I hope the rumour is true.

I agree with everyone saying it should be a big set...

Hopefully LEGO will release a big architecture set this year..:excited:

Just came across this at amazon.co.jp - don't recall seeing this before, guess it;s not just a rumour:

41tEIEN34bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sydney Opera House! Amazing find, Maikii! :thumbup:

-Sci

Just came across this at amazon.co.jp - don't recall seeing this before, guess it's not just a rumour:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/レゴ-21012-LEGO-アーキテクチャー-シドニー・オペラハウス/dp/B006RFVDV2/ref=lh_ni_t

Many thanks for the pics. Even at that relatively low price point that set is awful. Why did they give more detail to the base rather than what makes the opera house iconic? when I first heard of this set I was certain I'd buy it, but I wouldn't buy this on massive discount after seeing the pic.

I think it looks a little too... chunky, but I'll reserve judgment until I get to see it from a different angle. It does look better than I expected, but those iconic curves are really hard to nail at such a small scale.

Does anyone find the box art a little suspicious? The all-caps title makes me wonder if this is really official.

I think it looks a little too... chunky, but I'll reserve judgment until I get to see it from a different angle. It does look better than I expected, but those iconic curves are really hard to nail at such a small scale.

Does anyone find the box art a little suspicious? The all-caps title makes me wonder if this is really official.

Probably because SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE is a trademark, therefore needs to appear that way..

Here's another picture from Amazon.jp

Agree with the other sentiments here. This scale is simply too small to faithfully reproduce the roofline "sails". This is barely recognizable.

post-4107-132646148148.jpg

Nice find! Although it does not completely resemble the fine lines of the real Opera House, I do think it's a nice addition to the current Architecture line. This one will not appear on my list though..

/Offtopic Any rumours on any upcoming large scale architecture/D2C/Creator-like sets such as Tower Bridge, Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower? /Ontopic again :)

As another Aussie who has to take visiting family and friends to this building several times a year, that's some pretty questionable resemblance. I give TLG credit for attempting to portray the 'sails', but they probably shouldn't have bothered unless they want to take another crack with a much higher piece count.

As another Aussie who has to take visiting family and friends to this building several times a year, that's some pretty questionable resemblance. I give TLG credit for attempting to portray the 'sails', but they probably shouldn't have bothered unless they want to take another crack with a much higher piece count.

While I'm not an Aussie, and I've never had the pleasure of visiting this building, I agree with everything stated. It's a cool concept, but I feel very strongly that TLG should have chosen a model more suited to this line, particularly at this piece count. Shame really...

Would love to see a collector series 1XXXX of Sydney Opera House. Architecture... I am having doubts on getting this set.

I have to echo the other statements here - I am bitterly disappointed this is being released as a small scale Architecture set. When I heard the SOH rumours I thought we were in for the next large scale model, and was eagerly anticipating what I thought would be an epic 4000-odd piece set - this, however, is the total opposite of that, and doesn't come close to doing justice to this great building. What a shame and such a missed opportunity... I really thought this would have fit perfectly with the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal and Tower Bridge as a larger scale super set, and I hope this doesn't mean we've seen the last of the larger scale model sets...