Legogal

EB event Gunzburg 2013 - pictures and post-event talk

That was a blast today at Legoland...great to meet and see so many EBers! We freaked out viewing the mini lands, especially. Venice and Berlin; the others were stunning as well. Glad that Hubby made it three weeks on the road as that is a record for him; I had serious doubts that we could get to Gunzburg this trip.

Just a word of warning before you try to drive tinto Munich tomorrow as try is the key word here. The autobahn was backed up completely from west of Augsburg to Munich as best as we could tell due to the flooding down South. We ended up exiting on 300 at Augsburg after crawling along for an hour. Made it to our destination, Friesing, near MUC, around nine pm...after about three hours of driving from Legoland. Definitely fill your gas tanks and hit the bathroom before getting in that mess. They are not sure when it will get better acc. to our hotel here.

Again it was a wonderful visit to Legoland today. Look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

So I guess I'll post here - thank you again for organizing a wonderful meetup. It was so great to see so many friends again and meet some great new Lego people! The weather was fantastic, I got a massive sunburn in the park today, but it was worth it. When I came home my landlady asked me what I had been up to for the day. I said Legoland and she asked: "What?? How old are you after all?!" Ah well. :D

I can't wait for the next event and will do anything in my power to attend. Have a safe trip home everyone, I can't wait to see you all again!

Edited by Miss Kyle

I just wanted to thank the organizers for this wonderful event but theres also a big thank you to all of the eventees. It was great to get to know all of you, you're a bunch of such special people! :wub: I hope that everybody got (or is getting) home safely and has a good journey. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you again sometime, for some of you that is going to be Skaerbaek which I'm looking forward to a lot, for others its going to be the next EB event which I will attend for sure, if I'm allowed to :blush:

I also have to send kind regards from my mom as I gave all the 2x4 bricks to her, she was very grateful to have them - and she even wants to come along for next years event.

Thank you also for all the coupons you gave me, I somehow have the bad feeling (or is it good? :devil: ) that I will need and use all of them.. If any of you still have some of them that you won't need, I happily take them. Maybe some of you also want the collectable brick that is coming out in November. If you want me to get that for you and ship it that would be no problem.

I just came back from Günzburg once again as I completely emptied the Fabrik of anything that was from the model builder department - if anyone wants something, shoot me a PM. Also if you ever need something that the Fabrik in the Legoland could have, shoot me a PM and I'll try my best to get hold of it. Thats the least I can do! :thumbup: I'm trying to update the Brickbuildr PaB inventory the next weeks so you should be able to tell whats there from then on by using the site.

I would love the stay in contact with all of you, so feel free to send my a friend request or even more!

Edited by Rolli

I am in the last travelling kilometres. Only changing train once and in about one hour I will be home :-)

Thank u all for a blasting event. It was really good to see you all again and get to know new faces too :-)

Hope you all had / still have a good and safe journey home.

Dana

Wow, we had 0% rain and 90% sunshine and I'm still 100% tired!

I wish everybody a good and safe trip on the way home!

Till next time! :excited:

Guess I posted this in the wrong thread, But again it was a great and wonderful time with all of you, also for all the people I met would be nice to also receive a friends request from those who I haven't added to the list.

hope you get home safe and well, and rested for next week,

Guido

The Danish delegation ahs returned to Denmark. What a great event! See you at Skærbæk/Billund.

Me and Redhead finally managed to get home at around 5pm. We had to take take sevaral detours to avoid traffic jams, so we were (again) exploring nice bavarian countryside.

Nice meeting you all. I had fantastic time and I'm really looking forvard to next event.

I'm back home as well. This was my first event, and I enjoyed it very much. A huge thank you to the organizers CopMike, Holodoc, and Bonaparte for organizing an interesting program. It was great to meet some of the people from the EB community. I'm already looking forward to the next event, and hopefully, I'll see some of you sooner.

Back to reality... :sceptic: ...sorting a huge pile of bricks, and then building! :classic:

Aaaannnd I'm finally home after my plane was delayed for 5 bloody hours! Was an awesome event, can't wait until next year.

Uhh, 5 hours sounds bad. Good that most of you got back home well.

At least you had bricks in your backpack, so you could play with them. :wink:

Aaaannnd I'm finally home after my plane was delayed for 5 bloody hours! Was an awesome event, can't wait until next year.

:laugh: Funny. But thanks for driving him. I slept till 8.30 (alone). :grin:

Nope. He forgot those in my car.

JK :P

12 hours of driving and finally we're home - a lot faster than the way out. :look:

Lovely to meet you all and looking forward to seeing you again next year! :sweet:

Three cheers for CopMike, Holodoc and Bonaparte for the splendid organisation once again! :wub::wub::wub:

Now I'm going to sleep for a week.

PS Hit 200 km/h on the A-bahn - that's another crossed off the bucket list!

I hit 220 :blush:

Its nice to drive in Germany (when there is no stau, which is rarely)

Back! Well, back a while now!

It was great to see new faces and old friends again this year. I repeat my apology for last night, circumstances just combined to make me pretty ill feeling.

I got back home by 8, plane was delayed by an hour and twenty minutes and then we had t o get home and fetch food. Now tomorrow is a a day of building and watching Poriot :wink:

Was in Oslo at around 14:15, but had to take a nap because I was so tired, three days of great socializing with great people and great beer kinda does that to me, guess I'm getting old or something.. :blush: Already missing everyone and looking forward to next year in Billund, just know it's going to be brilliant. :sweet: Good thing I'll be seeing at least some of you in Skærbæk in September, and maybe at some other events between now and May also? :classic:

It was a blast, again, brilliant organizing from CopMike, Holodoc and Bonaparte as usual. :wub: And special thanks to GRogall for the Munich guided tour, while it was a pretty packed schedule it didn't feel rushed, good job. :classic:

Pep, you're lucky. Enjoy the day. :thumbup:

Now tomorrow is a a day of building and watching Poriot :wink:

Luckily, I didn't know it... :distressed: ..till the speed was back to almost normal.

I hit 220 :blush:

Its nice to drive in Germany (when there is no stau, which is rarely)

I´m home!

They lost my suitcase with the most Lego in it, but mt soft bag arrived. I then moved 10 meters from the bagage conveyer belt and adressed the problem with lost luggage. The man said the suitcase still was in Münich and then he moved 4 meters to the left and found it behind his counter. Apparently my bag had decided to get on an earlier plane from Münich than I did :wacko: ! All well though in the end!

Thanks everyone for a super event :wub: ! I had a blast and it´s so cool to get faces on more members! And a special thanks to Holodoc & Bonaparte for helping out (doing all) on the organisation. And a special special thanks to Grogal for the Münich day :sweet: !!I hope lots of you come next year, and don´t forget to bring your party hats :grin: !

...and don´t forget to bring your party hats :grin: !

Was the hat you were wearing a Sami hat?

Wow! Your cars must drive a lot faster than the econobox Nissan Micra we rented from Sixt. But with the autobahn traffic crawling, a faster car would not have helped us return to Munich on Thursday night.

Hubby asked if there were ANY LEGO left for sale in the Park by the time yall cleared out....it looks as if the Benz family from Ireland and the fifty bags or so of LEGO they purchased are not in the photo. Great group photo must have been on Saturday because a few actually changed shirts on Day Three!

Glad to hear that most folks made it home with their loot. My favorite brick is the one Hinckley designed for the event! Cheers!

Edited by Legogal

I am looking forward to see the pictures. I hope you all had a blast in Germany and keep us in mind as nice people. :laugh: