Sign in to follow this  
robuko

Doctor Dee's House in Abyssan

The Kaliphlin Embassy in Abyssan was assigned a plot next to rather interesting neighbour, the magician Doctor John Dee. We rarely see him, though there occasionally ferocious and mysterious noises from next door, and comings and goings at all hours. The smell of burning rosemary is strong.

6816013259_feea88f4ae.jpg6816013319_c06c0887a6.jpg6816013365_a8fe65e89c.jpg

4 stone golems are built into the walls, making the House impervious to both physical and magickal attack. Kafgar the raven keeps watch for the Doctor. We know he is spying on Kaliphlin, but we don't mind. We have nothing to hide, The Duke really is just an old fashioned good time boy and trader. And even he wouldn't be stupid enough to do Real business in the Embassy.

After a particularly late night of study in his chamber, the Doctor gets his deserved rest, watched over and protected by his guardian Ifrit Utala, currently taking the form of a phoenix.

6816013623_2e2d77fa75.jpg

The Doctor is well protected against enemies and jealous rivals. But he is not protected against the arrogance, greed, and ambition of his apprentice Daniel. Daniel is an introverted pale skinny teenager who lusts for power. To this end while his master sleeps he has sprinkled the Rosemary, chalked the pentacle, and secretly taken the Great Key. He used it to unfetter the Grimoire, and spoke the unholy runes of power that open the thaumaturge gate to the spirit world.

6816013561_66e8cda2d6.jpg

The portal opens. Who knows what beast or daemon will be summoned? Not Daniel, for though he can read the runes, he knows not the grammar to change them. And so, thrilling at the brink of becoming a power in is own right, he awaits his servant from the spirit domain. There is a mighty roar. The house shakes and a great wind takes Daniel's breath away.

6816013499_68bde00040.jpg

"WHO DARES TO SUMMON BARTIMAEUS?"

I LOVE this! It is a great MOC and a great story. I especially like the exterior of the building, the two alternative window designs, the golem minis in the door frame, the portal that Daniel creates, and the piece of furniture with the droid arms and horns in the bedroom.

I look forward to seeing Daniel's fate...?

Edit: The roof is great too, although of course I am partial to Dk green being an Avalonian and all :tongue:

Edited by rogueang

fantastic ;)

You should be known from now on as "the one in favor of the Drow"

;)

Such an unusual looking building, so splendidly creepy! I love it, especially the doorway and ground floor window. :thumbup: The story is great too, shall we hear more of the impetuous Daniel? :oh3: