Sign in to follow this  
samthelegoman1

Attack on the Governor's Office

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 44a

Attack on the Governor's Office

3069638230_3b58673e3a.jpg

Story:

As Governor Welkins was going over some paperwork with Admiral Swan, Captain Sam and his crew of jolly rogers come in and attack Welkin's men. One of the pirates throws a bottle of acid on his face and his cutlass and kills the Governor.

3068801825_9a00e8f38b.jpg

Then, Admiral Swan starts a fierce sword fight with Sam.

3069638516_efa55f13e6.jpg

More privateers come in and scare away the troops, although, Colonel Armstrong could not get away.

3069638808_8220247c7c.jpg

The Pirates soon take over the Office and then continue to pillage the village.

More pics:

3068801375_5b01d325a3.jpg

3069638344_738dae16e0.jpg

Comments are welcome! :pir-classic:

Many other Photos

Edited by SlyOwl

I think you have a pretty good entry here samthelegoman. :pir-classic:

It has lots of action and good cruelty and blood effects, plus nice mean-looking minifigs. However there are quite a few things that could be improved upon.

Some improvements you could make:

1) One main thing that I don't like, is the mixing of fleshie and regular yellow minifig heads. It just doesn't look right, and I'm sure you probably have enough yellow heads.

2) I feel that the room is a bit lacking in the details department. There's nothing really in it besides the weapon chest and minifigs.

Some things that might be nice additions are: a desk for the Governor, a cabinet and a table with some maps on it. Of course these are just a few ideas.

3) If you have enough, it would probably look nice to put tiles on the floor.

4) The first picture is the only one that will be judged, so make sure to take one that includes everything. Your current one cuts off quite a bit of the picture.

5) Your pictures seem to be quite small as well. The maximum size is 800 x 600, and making them that size would make it easier to see as well.

6) Instead of taking pictures of each of the minifig groups, it would probably be a better decision to focus on more close-ups of the actual entry.

You can see all of the minifigs perfectly fine in the main scene.

==================================================================

Overall, I think you have the makings of a good entry, one that with a few improvements, could turn out beautifully!

Good luck in the contest! :shark:

1) One main thing that I don't like, is the mixing of fleshie and regular yellow minifig heads. It just doesn't look right, and I'm sure you probably have enough yellow heads.

4) The first picture is the only one that will be judged, so make sure to take one that includes everything. Your current one cuts off quite a bit of the picture.

5) Your pictures seem to be quite small as well. The maximum size is 800 x 600, and making them that size would make it easier to see as well.

6) Instead of taking pictures of each of the minifig groups, it would probably be a better decision to focus on more close-ups of the actual entry.

You can see all of the minifigs perfectly fine in the main scene.

@1-I do it all the time, but never considered it to be bothersome.

@4-The cut-off part is just the Admiral's leg- so no biggie.

@5-I suppose I should make it bigger, but the maximum size on Flickr is HUGE!

@6-I guess so...

I don't think the minifig heads are bothersome, but I think it would look quite a bit better if they were all the same.

To me, the two are a bit like oil and water, they just don't mix no matter how hard you try. But don't worry about changing it if you don't want to. It's your entry after all.

One last thing, you have 7 pictures in your entry thread, and you are only allowed 6. Of course you can still post a link to a Flickr page if you want.

I really like how you integrated a couple of the new parts, and covered up the Two-Face head's "better" half; the blood is excellent, too! I agree with Erdbeereis, though, about mixing yellow and (*shudder*) fleshie heads. One or the other, I say! :pir-classic:

Oh, and your soldiers may look better with red epaulettes to contrast with the blue of their uniforms.

Important- I have just one thing to say. You are allowed to have a max of 6 pictures and you have 7. Just remove one quickly. It says this even in the rules; "You may present up to 6 pictures per entry."

Opinion

Your idea of pirates storming in on an Imperial meeting is great. One thing that I noticed that is cool is that you used the Two-Face expression for the Governor’s face. I like the fight between the Admiral and Sam, but I think The Admiral will still win. The pirate climbing through the window is great. I see you have a little weapons storage in there as well.

Possible Improvements

1) I would have had the map on a little table or barrel.

2) It would look nicer if you were to put some gray tiles on the ground.

3) I would have the Imperial Guard help fight against the pirates

Overall- You have a great entry here samthelegoman1. I also noticed that you used the minifig expression from the AT-ST trooper. I especially like how you made the Governor's face messed up and blood pouring out of him. Some little thing I would fix. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My opinion:

Really nice MOC, but it doesn't show us anything really new... Anyhows its nice to see another good PTV entry and I wish you the best of luck!

Possibel improvements:

1) Why no window? I think it would be easy to incorporate one, even a smashed one against the ground will do.

2) I don't like the mixture of fleshies and yellows either...like in the Simpsons when you add real people...

3) Try using larger pics at 800x600 or at least 640x480.

4) In this particul case I would have to go with tiling the floor as well.

5) i would have used curved bricks to hide the white between the two walls that is a bit too clear IMHO.

Edited by zorro3999