Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

6248 Volcano Island Custom Alternate Model

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 87c

Ahoy there! A few days ago I posted my review of 6248 Volcano Island (the link can be found in my signature) In it I included pictures of my custom model using the set's pieces that I nicknamed "Ghost Island". Well, I've uploaded picture building instructions to Brickshelf, and they're now public!

Gallery Link

For those of you who haven't read the review, here is a rundown of the model taken directly from the review:

----------------------------------------

Front:

35bonu1.jpg

A picture of the whole "set".

The "Ghost Face:

36bonu2.jpg

A close-up of the ghost face. The face is one of my favorite parts. Notice the black eyes.

Back:

37bonu3.jpg

In the back is a cave with the skeleton and treasure.

Cave:

38bonu4.jpg

Another close-up. A little detail I added is including stalagmites.

But wait! There

Very nice work Inconspicuous!

I really love what you did with the shooting feature; it's much more innovative than everyone's favorite flick-fire missles. :pir_laugh2:

I'll just move this to the Pirate MOCs forum.

Nice alternate :pir-classic:

There is one thing wrong... no stalactites, everyone knows where theres stalagmites, theres stalactites :pir_laugh2:

I like the classic skeleton

Nice alternate :pir-classic:

There is one thing wrong... no stalactites, everyone knows where theres stalagmites, theres stalactites :pir_laugh2:

I tried to add them in, but the only thing I could think of was to use the Technic pins, which didn't quite work. :pir-sceptic: If you think of anything, let me know right away! :pir-sweet:

I truly have never came up with a solution for the arch hanger problem. All I could recommend is to brick build an arch and use a cone with a Technic pin on it (small side in the cone) and stick it in the brick built arch :pir-classic: Hope it works for you

I truly have never came up with a solution for the arch hanger problem. All I could recommend is to brick build an arch and use a cone with a Technic pin on it (small side in the cone) and stick it in the brick built arch :pir-classic: Hope it works for you

That definitely works, but for this MOC I was trying to use ONLY pieces from this set. Otherwise, that's a great suggestion!

Nice work, always great to see what inventive minds can do with LEGO sets

One comment i might add tho, you should get a donkey kong minifig to sit behind the mouth to "throw"the barrels out :pir-tongue:

Thanks for sharing this with us! Skull island is my favorite treasure island. It was fun to build something new with one of my childhood's favorite set. That barrel launcher is so deadly! :jollyroger:

It looks very good. 6248 is a very good set, considering you can make 2 very good models :pir-classic:

Thanks for sharing this with us! Skull island is my favorite treasure island. It was fun to build something new with one of my childhood's favorite set. That barrel launcher is so deadly! :jollyroger:

You are most certainly welcome. :pir-blush: The set's name is actually Volcano Island. There is a set called Skull Island, which is an excellent set, and I'm proud to own it, but I just wanted to avoid confusion. For those of you curious here is a link to that set.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! I'm very proud of the barrel-launching mechanism, and I'm glad you like it!

You are most certainly welcome. :pir-blush: The set's name is actually Volcano Island. There is a set called Skull Island, which is an excellent set, and I'm proud to own it, but I just wanted to avoid confusion. For those of you curious here is a link to that set.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! I'm very proud of the barrel-launching mechanism, and I'm glad you like it!

Ha you're right! TLC made so many skull shaped islands and shipwrecked islands that I can't even remember thier names.