Ashi Valkoinen

MOCs: Models of trains running in Hungary

THIS IS A TOPIC STARTED IN 2009 TO SHARE MY HUNGARY-RELATED TRAIN MOCs, BOTH BRICKS AND LDD. TO ACCESS LATEST CONTENT GO TO THE LAST PAGES, OR IF YOU ARE INTERESTED HOW MY MOCs DEVELOPED, GO THROUGH ALL PAGES! THANKS FOR VISITING!

CURRENTLY I'M RE-ADDING THE IMAGES TO THE THREAD SINCE I EXPERIENCED TOO MUCH ISSUES WITH DEEPLINKED BRICKSHELF IMAGES.

26776065_c7cc21d9534bf84ebd78380b81217e9

My second low floor passanger train after "Nagy Piros Villamos" entried to the Train Tech Contest. This time I tried to make a good copy of a real train running in Hungary near to my home. This train isn't motorized yet, I plant to use PF to do this, in spring 2010. I'll use two XL motors (1-1 under the driver's cabine), rechargeable battery box (I'd like to build it in the roof of the secodn section of the train), of course, an IR reciever (build in the third section's roof), and light, of course (and some extension wires, too).

Train isn't finished yet, I think, I'm sure, that I'll find every week something to modify. If you have ideas to make it better, please let me know! ;)

More pictures on MOCpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/173855

And the real train: 

26776063_f1f8eec8bf0806f267940cdda7b368d

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Very nice Ashi - thanks for sharing. It's great to see your Hungarian train running in the snow, although I must admit that I'd be a little scared to place it there. Great colors and a overall, a very nice design.

Hello!

Although I am not into trains, I appreciate a good technique when I see it. :classic: It seems the entire is studs on the sides, except for the base and roof. In this way you nicely imitated the real train's waving colour scheme, almost without any gap. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

wow that is really cool, looks even more of a beast in the snow. hope that the power functions stuff works.

-crabboy

Thank you, I wish that PF will work. Otherwise, it's possible, that I'll use the method used in the 2010 passanger train and I use motorized boogies under the driver's cabines, and not PF-motor, so I can save some place in the train.

Very nice Ashi - thanks for sharing. It's great to see your Hungarian train running in the snow, although I must admit that I'd be a little scared to place it there. Great colors and a overall, a very nice design.

Thank you a lot. Don't be scared because of the snow, only the RC-tracks were on the ground, and they can be easily cleaned. ;)

Hello!

Although I am not into trains, I appreciate a good technique when I see it. default_classic.gif It seems the entire is studs on the sides, except for the base and roof. In this way you nicely imitated the real train's waving colour scheme, almost without any gap. default_classic.gif

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It was the only way to separate the windows with red plates. It was a very important moment of building when I finished this "wave" in the prototype of this train. ;)

This one (and something interesting, in this version I used the RC baseplate, so the train was low floor only from the outside :) ):

proto_flirt.jpg

Hi,

I'd like to introduce my new locomotive, the ÖBB Siemens Taurus. These locos are able to run in Hungary, too, and they occur every day on hungarian rails. Otherwise, I have more red parts then blue and yellow (blue and yellow are the colors of the hungarian Taurus), so I decided to build the ÖBB loco. I used the 7897 RC baseplate, the loco's main width is 8 stud. It can run with 9V boogies, too.

MOCpages link: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/181019

PS.: Brickster, please edit my topic's name to "MOC: Models of trains running in Hungary"

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Very nice red engine 'Ashi Valkoinen' ! :sweet:

Very realistic too, the red with the frey at the bottom - cool ! :grin:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Ashi Valkoinen' ! :laugh:

Very nice red engine 'Ashi Valkoinen' ! :sweet:

Very realistic too, the red with the frey at the bottom - cool ! :grin:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Ashi Valkoinen' ! :laugh:

Hi,

thanks for comment, I'll kepp on bricking, perhaps I create some passanger waggons to this loco! Otherwise, I'll make it using hungarian color scheme, too. :)

After you replied to my MOCs, I feel obliged to reply to yours.

Nice idea with the cheese slopes for the front. Also the automated coupling is a good choice, it may nuke connectivity to a second FLIRT, but looks great.

For additional details, try to get a picture or look at the roof of the prototype, it's easy to flesh it out a little bit, yellow warnings on AC-units, transformer, may even some water tanks for the fire extinguisher. Also there is a high voltage you could model, if you feel obliged to do so.

found an image for you: MAV FLIRT (picture over 800px).

Just a thought. Else a beautiful MOC of a great train.

Thanks for reply!

My FLIRT isn't finished yet, the roof details waiting for PF installing. (I don't have enought money :C) After placing the IR recievers, rechargeable battery and PF wires I will make the final roof design. You are right, I have to work with the roof and need new, more realistic pantogrpahs, too.

During installing PF I plan to build the first and last boogies closer to the train ends and create a working coupling with magnets - of course foir my second FLIRT. :)

The picture you linked to the forum was taken near to train stop "Szár", this is a wonderful place for taking photos, I travel trought this stop every day. :)

Thanks for reply!

My FLIRT isn't finished yet, the roof details waiting for PF installing. (I don't have enought money :C) After placing the IR recievers, rechargeable battery and PF wires I will make the final roof design. You are right, I have to work with the roof and need new, more realistic pantogrpahs, too.

During installing PF I plan to build the first and last boogies closer to the train ends and create a working coupling with magnets - of course foir my second FLIRT. :)

The picture you linked to the forum was taken near to train stop "Szár", this is a wonderful place for taking photos, I travel trought this stop every day. :)

For visual effects, try to not move the first and last boogies, but try to get magnets in there somehow. I suggest using a small turntable or something. (I have to work it out too ;) )

I don't know how you want to incorporate the PF stuff, but hide the battery or LiPo box near the toilet, the IR receiver on the roof of the other carriage. and motors at the end. This installation may need extension wires, but less hassle with all the PF equipment and the Front.

For visual effects, try to not move the first and last boogies, but try to get magnets in there somehow. I suggest using a small turntable or something. (I have to work it out too ;) )

I don't know how you want to incorporate the PF stuff, but hide the battery or LiPo box near the toilet, the IR receiver on the roof of the other carriage. and motors at the end. This installation may need extension wires, but less hassle with all the PF equipment and the Front.

I plan to exactly do this. LiPo box will be at the place of toilet, and recievers (one for motors and indoors light, one for headlights (I plan to make it changeable)) on the roof. Soem wires will be on the roof, other will be hided between the roof and wainscot.

End boogies are under driver's cabine and not under the first window, so I can move it with 1 or two studs. Appearance won't be worse, but I have to test running properties (especially in S-curves).

And fortunately because of the modularity of the train I can test two FLIRTs coupling with this one, I only have to make two half FLIRTs from this one. :) If I succeded to do the coupling I'll share it.

I plan to exactly do this. LiPo box will be where the toilet is, and receivers (one for motors and indoors light, one for headlights (I plan to make it switchable)) on the roof. Some wires will be on the roof, other will be hidden between the roof and wainscot.

Great Idea to use a second receiver for the headlights. If there aren't that many trains on your layout (4 channels with two connections each).

Also the aptly named roof cable could be very well incorporated into the design, but I think that's what you had in mind, didn't you?

End boogies are under driver's cabine and not under the first window, so I can move it with 1 or two studs. Appearance won't be worse, but I have to test running properties (especially in S-curves).

Would be sad if the overhang the FLIRT has to be lost (As the cab is ahead of the first axle), but there must be a solution which works and looks good, let's find it.

Proposal: exchangeable fronts, one with magnets, and one like already have (it's beautiful)

And fortunately because of the modularity of the train I can test two FLIRTs coupling with this one, I only have to make two half FLIRTs from this one. :) If I succeded to do the coupling I'll share it.

It'll be interesting to know. It's great to contribute with you.

Good news,

I finished the FLIRT's coupling. I didn't have to make big changes in the design, boogies stayed at their original location.

And I built some yellow tiles on the top.

Thanks for all advices and comments, I'll take photos as soon as possible!

As I promised, here are the new pictures and some description:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/186809

Really nice coupler design. You say it works, and that's great! You ought to mirror it, to better look like the prototypes couplings (the nose is left, yours looks right, or did they change it?)

And the roof looks great with the added yellow and details. Makes the overall look even better.

Really nice coupler design. You say it works, and that's great! You ought to mirror it, to better look like the prototypes couplings (the nose is left, yours looks right, or did they change it?)

No, coupling contains an 1×1 brick with stud on side, the magnet holder is in the brick, and it's covered by to red slopes. The brick is on a turntable. Here are some photos to understand it:

And the roof looks great with the added yellow and details. Makes the overall look even better.

Thanks for all feedbacks!

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Here is a video about my Stadler FLIRT. Train was running on the City layout of the LEGO group called "Koc-ka-land". Video recorded on 13th of March 2010, on the second day of a LEGO-fest in Budapest.

What's new?

-train has new pantographs

-it's not visible but I changed the whole base of the train to make it's run more stable

-three front lights

-more detailed roof design

Comments are welcome!

Edited by CopMike

Very nice train you have there, love those new pantographs and new roof details - COOL ! :grin:

AWESOME layout you had it running on too - love the Macca's in the background ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! 'Ashi Valkoinen' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice train you have there, love those new pantographs and new roof details - COOL ! :grin:

AWESOME layout you had it running on too - love the Macca's in the background ! :wink:

The layout belongs to the group Kockaland in Hungary.

I'm not a member of this group, but I could run my FLIRT on their layout. It's more awesome in reality. :)

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce my second hungarian Stadler FLIRT train:

26776067_440c80557be18304690f85b5900e22d

This train was made as a static modell for Stadler Trains Hungary. One member of Stadler Trains Hungary's staff explored my first train modell at the LEGO-fest in Budapest (2010, March), and asked me to build one FLIRT for the company. After the BL orders arrived I built this train, of course with some changes. Windows on the vaggons ends are better sized, pantographs go black and dark bluish gray colors. I didn't have to leave gaps by the boogies because it's a static modell, and the joining of the vaggons are only 1 stud wide.

For this train I got the oppurtinity to order bricks for two FLIRTs, for this modell and for an another FLIRT for me. I just didn't have time to build the third one, but I will, and I'll own two Stadler FLIRTs. :wub:

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Well done ! :thumbup:

You know you have done a great job, when an actual company or body asks you to make another for them - they must have been impressed like we are with your trains !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Congraturations!

Getting Stadler Rail to order a Flirt from you. EPIC!

And It looks really great, I envy you and your building skills! I shall bow before you!

Thank to both of you, I think, my FLIRT-project will temporaly end after building the third flirt, it's time to build vaggons for Siemens Taurus, station buildings etc.!