Izzy

[Comic] The Adventures of Harry Potter

BEWARE of large pictures and a little bit of naughtiness! (sorry! but it best this way)

In this thread I'll be sharing some comics I have made, about a young wizard called Harry Potter and some of his friends who all attend 'Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry'.

If you guys like this first one I shall endeavor to create more.

The first comic is called "The Mirror of Erised" and is just a starting point for me... please leave lots of feedback and tell me what kind of Harry Potter scenarios and stories you would like to see made in comic form.

Cheers! Cutlass_Iz

The Adventures of Harry Potter. Season 1 - Episode 1 (two parts)

3ee478eb.jpg

18112a2e.jpg

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

Haha, that made me laugh. A touch of light bondage before bedtime never hurt anyone :oh: Woolly socks indeed!

Cutlass_Iz, you are wicked! :devil:

Is it Harry or Hairy though?

Oh Shhh.... Don't tell anyone. I've got the attention span of a poodle. So I can't keep any story consistent. It's all fixed now though. Hehe.

Glad you liked.

Hm... I'm not sure if I like your humor. I mean, come on! Dumblyass? Really? :hmpf_bad:

I guess I'm too much of a HP fan to find this funny. :sadnew:

However, the punchline of that comic is pretty good. Considering that the real Dumbledore was actually gay, this might really be what he saw in the mirror. :tongue:

Hm... I'm not sure if I like your humor. I mean, come on! Dumblyass? Really? :hmpf_bad:

However, the punchline of that comic is pretty good. Considering that the real Dumbledore was actually gay, this might really be what he saw in the mirror. :tongue:

Oh come now come now! I'm a massive Harry Potter fan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The books, really love the movies and adore the Lego. But you have to be able to have fun with it too. I did actually make this cartoon because of what the book says, and I quote

"It was only when he was back in bed that it struck Harry that Dumbledore might not have been quite truthful. But then, he thought, as he shoved Scabbers off his pillow, it had been quite a personal question."

As for the Dumblyass, I did not mean it as a bad thing it is a person joke between Toodles and Myself and another friend. We like to put a$$ on the end of every other word or just a substitute for words entirely.

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

Oh come now come now! I'm a massive Harry Potter fan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The books, really love the movies and adore the Lego. But you have to be able to have fun with it too.

I know that, but I guess your humor is just not the same as mine, or maybe I just don't get the joke. Either way, no hard feelings. :classic:

I did actually make this cartoon because of what the book says, and I quote >SNIP<

Yes, I know, and that's what I liked about it. :thumbup:

As for the Dumblyass, I did not mean it as a bad thing it is a person joke between Toodles and Myself and another friend. We like to put a$$ on the end of every other word or just a substitute for words entirely.

Now, that's the part I didn't like. Putting the A-word after every other word is not very funny to me as it seems somewhat immature. :sceptic: And since I didn't know it is an inside joke, I took it for something bad and assumed that the whole comic's purpose was to make fun of HP in a bad way. Sorry about that. :blush:

Now, that's the part I didn't like. Putting the A-word after every other word is not very funny to me as it seems somewhat immature. :sceptic: And since I didn't know it is an inside joke, I took it for something bad and assumed that the whole comic's purpose was to make fun of HP in a bad way. Sorry about that. :blush:

Oh it is immature! Extremely so. But it is probably not what you think. You'd have to hear it to understand I guess. Most times it is pronounced ayt.

But innyhoo, does anyone have any comments or idea for further comics? Or shall i just leave it at this miserable offensive season 1 episode 1. :pir_bawling:

But innyhoo, does anyone have any comments or idea for further comics? Or shall i just leave it at this miserable offensive season 1 episode 1. :pir_bawling:

My dear lady! ) I am quite sure that nobody is trying to offend you here. :sweet: We appreciate your comic story and I must thank you for giving me the pleasure of reading it. I really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

I must also say that all above posted comments have the point, and since you asked to comment and share our opinions with you, please interpret them as advice from good friends, nothing more, nothing less. )

I myself should mention your exellent photography, and since I'm a great comic-lover and made 2 comics here on EB myself I really love the way yours is done. ) Please do continue, and let us enjoy the pleasure of seeing your wonderful comic stories. ) :classic::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Knowing tons of HP-fans, and being one myself, I think you're not enough of a HP-fan to find this funny. :tongue:

Cutlass, I did find it funny, and you've kept true to the fan-interpretation of Dumbledore as being a pervy old man.

However, I don't think the humor is very clever. I'm easily amused, but in order for something to make me laugh out loud, it needs to be extra-witty, and "Hairy Potter", "Hagworts" and "Dumblyass" aren't quite that. Also remember that inside jokes might be really funny among friends, but most outsiders just don't get them, so keep them at minimum (or better yet, create new ones just for this comic by repeating something from episode to episode).

But do keep going. Humor is a helluva hard thing to pull off, but all you need is practice. :thumbup:

I'[ not a HP fan, and only read the books simply because the writing was good, and the movies give me the shudders, there that bad (for me) but that was hilarious! I absolutely loved it, oh please make more!

~DumblyA.S.

First of all, Izzy thanks for taking your time to do this comic for the EB Community. The comics' structure and layout is very well designed, with smooth transitions panels across each level. The graphical approach is rather attractive, and reminds me much on those short comics strips which we could find in the newspapers or comics book. The scenes' setup is done neatly to reflect the overall flow of the comic.

Overall, the content and direction of this comics, reminds me of Harry Potter comic relief where we could look the other side of Harry Potter. Good start, for your very first comic. Looking forward to more of these. Do keep an open mind and stay frosty. :wink:

That was a very nice comic. I love it when we get mocs and comics and other things that are about harry potter as I love the theme. I really enjoyed these comics and hope you will continue the story of Hairy Potter.

Thanks Guys! :blush: I am Soooo relieved there are more of you who liked it, because secretly, it made me cry with laughter (and maybe a little bit of shame :tongue:) when I was making it.

I shall make another.... maybe Ron looking in the Mirror of El...DOOM.

To DumblyA.S. I love the books am I am constantly screaming out "But what about this... that is going to completely wreck the next movie." or "THAT definitely wasn't in the book" or "They moved the Whomping Willow???" whilst watching the movies, much to the annoyance of Toodles (who hasn't read all the books) Hehe. I totally know where you are coming from... but I am addicted to the television so I can't help myself from watching them. :grin:

To Badboy, thanks mate... I shall make another a.s.a.p.

To WhiteFang, thank you for your comments, it is really nice to hear that my efforts are appreciated. I did try my hardest to make it as aesthetically pleasing and easy flowing as possible.

To Eskallon, that is the exact reason I made this with HP Lego, I just love it and can't help playing with it. Hairy Harry Potter shall live on for another day.

I might actually make a Lego comic myself.

Not sure what on, but I already have a program for it. Its called ComicLife, and is amazing to use. I just take some good pictures, upload them onto my computer, insert them, and then I can add whatever I need to make it awesome!

Thanks for being an inspiration!~DumblyA.S. (my new name for this topic only, heh! :wink:)

Edited by AwesomeStar

Awesome work :laugh:

This one made me laugh hard.

Thanks for adding that naughty AFOL humor to it :thumbup:

The comic is extremely well done and so is the story.

Please make more :wub:

Very nice comic, and it's actually pretty funny!

I'm a big Harry Potter fan and this made a smile on my face. I'm looking forward with what you will come up with next!

I might actually make a Lego comic myself.

Not sure what on, but I already have a program for it. Its called ComicLife, and is amazing to use. I just take some good pictures, upload them onto my computer, insert them, and then I can add whatever I need to make it awesome!

Thanks for being an inspiration!~DumblyA.S. (my new name for this topic only, heh! :wink:)

That is the program I use DumblyA.S ... ahhh *melts* I just love MAC :wub::wub: :wub: is is awesome, looks really neat and professional.

thanks KimT (I can't help myself pronouncing your name as Kimpt not Kim T) and Matn, I shall start work on one today.

It was fairly good. I actually found they parents joke funnier than the Dumbledore joke though. Him mumbling to himself in the 5th frame of the 1st page, and then him stammering "But... my parents" and getting shot down by Dumbledore were both very good.

I didn't love the Dumbledore part, simply beucase I didn't like that J.K. Rowling announced Dumbledore be be gay. I have nothing wrong with the idea that he would be gay, don't get me wrong, but it seemed stupid the way she did it. About a month after the final ook is out she goes "Oh, by the way, Dumbledore is gay. Sorry if I forgot that fact in the books." From one point of view it's cool, becuase it's proving that gays aren't any different from normal people (lots of people seem a reminder) but on the other hand, it was really stupid.

But let's not make this a Harry Potter thread.

I am also a HP fan and thought this was not only funny as heck but also very cleverly thought out. I doubt that is exactely as JK might have imagined it but there is probably some truth in you fiction since we know so much more about the character know than we did in Book 1. Keep up coming. I'd love to see some misadventures of Filtch and his cat or the Fat lady and some of the old Headmasters or say 7th year's on Spring Break in 1066 or Slytherin hazzing rituals, or Hogwarts prom king and queen or scenes from around the water cooler at the ministry of magic...I could go on all day :pir-blush:

Pretty funny, even though I'm not so into Harry Potter than I used to be. Then again, most people aren't.

The Adventures of Harry Potter, Season 1 - Episode 2, (3 parts)

3c193d02.jpg

b1b26739.jpg

9363ff01.jpg