Superkalle

Post LDD Contest Entries here!

First%20Design%20Contest.jpg

This is the entry topic for the LDD Contest for Lego Pirate MOCs. Post your creations here only.

To read about the contest and rules for entries click here

To discuss the various entries, use this discussion topic in the LDD forum.

IMPORTANT To all contestants:

1) If you are entering the LDD Only class you MUST also link to the LXF-file, or you will be disqualified.

2) Make sure you use the [/img]-tags (or click on "Insert Image"-button above) so images show up in the post, not like links, but like pictures.

4) Observe - Max 3 pictures that are max 800 pixels in size each.

If you do not follow the rules, you will be disqualified, so please read the rules BEFORE you post!

Well, i didnt get my entry ready in time what i was suppose to post in here, but i have another ship also so i have to go whit that. Her name is HMS Princess Mary

Here she islddship.jpg

She has 16 cannons, and im quite happy how she turned out, specially the backgallery was the hardest thing to do in LDD

More pictures can be seen here

Captain Becker

EDIT: heres the Ldd file, sry at it tooked so long. HERE

Edited by Captain Becker

Distressed by the seeming lack of participation from the pirates form I've decided to throw my hat into the ring with HMS Hunter. 32 gun 5th rate frigate. She is a brick built hull, water-line model, of a late 18th century frigate of the British Royal Navy. This is an entirely original design based on historic drafts and intended to utilize, in it's physical form, rigging made of string and sails of cloth or paper. Enjoy!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kurigan/Pirates/hms_hunter_32_gun_6th_rate.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=433700

HMS-Hunter-001.jpg?t=1279403294

HMS-Hunter-005.jpg?t=1279403440

HMS-Hunter-007.jpg?t=1279403515

For more images http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/kurigan_the_red/Tall%20Ships/?action=view&current=HMS-Hunter-001.jpg

EDIT by Contest organizer: Sorry, you're entry has been disqualified since it contains over 5000 bricks, and the max limit was 2500.

Great model, but you sure this model consist of less than or equal to 2500 pieces?

Edited by Jan

hello everyone, this is my entry for the LDD only class.

like (I hope) all of the people who have seen the wonderful pirate island in this old topic, I started to wish I could have one too. I really love that old lego style in it when snot was not a must to make a beautiful building.

so I started to make some LDD model taking inspiration from some of those buildings.

The last I have made is based on one visible in that topic with (obviously) some modifications according to my tastes, like size, colors, detailed interiors and so on...

this building has pins and holes that can be connected to the official pirate set 6242 soldiers' fort.

at the lower floor there are two storage rooms (one accessible from the front and one from the back) plus one small house with bedroom.

on the first floor and under the roof there is another house with detailed interior and one stair going up to the observation tower.

by removing two 2x6 plates and removing and turning 90° the plate used as the ramp on the right, this building can be connected to others on that side too.

total piece count: 1695 (1697 - read note at the end)

pirateEB-LDD01.jpg

pirateEB-LDD02.jpg

pirateEB-LDD03.jpg

in the first picture, there are 2 doors missing on the left entrance because I could not find them in the LDD palette.

for the purpose of building this model, I checked and those doors are available through bricklink.

the ID code is 2554

brickID2554.gif

LDD file can be downloaded HERE

thank you for watching

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Edited by mrblue

Great model, but you sure this model consist of less than or equal to 2500 pieces?

Good point! Unfortunately I can't seem to get a count, only way I know is to generate build instructions and when ever I try the computer freezes up, I guess it's just too big.

Good point! Unfortunately I can't seem to get a count, only way I know is to generate build instructions and when ever I try the computer freezes up, I guess it's just too big.

You can use the LDD Manager tool here to check the piece count. It's pretty easy to use and works well.