Sign in to follow this  
The Daphne Blue Strat

Bearskins

Have any of you guys ever tried to make bearskin caps for your troops? I actually came up with one way (because I only had one shako for four soldiers)...

1. take a 1x1 black cylinder (cannonball, anyone?)

3062b.gif

2. take TWO small offset-tread tires

3641.jpg

3. put the cylinder through the center of the two tires...

A picture of the finished product will be forthcoming...

...if anybody else gives it a try, tell me what you think. *I* think it looks good but I'm obviously biased...

Where did people in the highlands get bearskins from? Bears aren't indigenous to that region are they?

There may once have been bears in the Highlands but for the last 150+ years the main source for the British has been Canada. *sweet*

Where did people in the highlands get bearskins from? Bears aren't indigenous to that region are they?

Aye, bears and wolves all lived in Scotland and England and Wales before they were all killed between the end of the Roman dynasty and the Middle Ages, so some time during the Dark Ages (Historical, not Lego X-D ). The wild boars were all hunted out during the Middle Ages, but we still have some that have escaped from farms that occasionally attack people, but it's quite rare. The main big predators we have nowadays are big cats that have escaped from zoos and private collections and go round mauling old ladies' cats! :-D Of course, the largest indigenous carnivore we have is the badger. ;-)

Biology ON!

Edited by SlyOwl