Sebeus I

Black Pearl

[pid][/pid] 125C

New News scout reporting for duty :pir_laugh2:

I will look out for creations on mocpages in particular (which I was doing for a long time already actually)

As my first find, definitely not the least, I present to you one of the best in its genre.

Benjamin Kobold has surprised me with this amazing accurate replica of the famous Black Pearl.

1327785586m_DISPLAY.jpg

1327785595m_DISPLAY.jpg

1327785659m_DISPLAY.jpg

This is the best lego Black Pearl I've seen so far and I've seen a lot, Benjamin has taken the right approach for this creation, there are almost no straight lines to start designing around.

The shape of the hull is very accurate to the real thing, though there might be some rough edges.

1327785696m_DISPLAY.jpg

I particulary like the windows, most people use the simple arched windows (like the official set) when designing the cabin. Personally I find those completely out of place, the Black Pearl has these very elegant shaped windows and Benjamin respects that.

It might be bold to say this but this version actually reminds me a lot of my own version with the big difference that this one is much better.

Be sure to check out this fantastic ship at mocpages and leave a comment when you can.

This creations certainly deserves more attention :pir-classic:

I like that.

I really like that. :pir-blush:

Edited by Walt

All I can say is - Amazing!

I just wish I had the time, patience, bricks and space to build something that well shaped and detailed!

Nice find!

brilliant find! the shaping is perfect, best I've seen by a long-shot (not that everyone else's aren't great)

I would love to see more pictures. I can say that this is very well done. I you have pics i want to see the inside and how he built the hull. I have been trying to get the hull right so it would help.

I would love to see more pictures. I can say that this is very well done. I you have pics i want to see the inside and how he built the hull. I have been trying to get the hull right so it would help.

Well… where this is better than the typical bump, I’m still going to take the opportunity to stress caution. Bumping old topics is frowned upon. This one hasn’t been active since 2012, I’d wonder if this MOC is even still together. Though you did try to make some conversation, and that’s good, it might have better been broached in a privet message to Sebeus. You’ll find most of our members, especially the older ones, are pretty friendly and helpful.

All that being said, welcome aboard mate!