Legoavalanche

COMING TO BW 2014

KANE SMITH, from Australia. I wish to make contact for fellow AFOL's in Chicago who may be going to Brickworld in 2014 as I shall be attending, it would be nice to create some friends online upfront.

G-day Kane! My name is Dale and I am a long time Brickworld veteran. I am a castle builder and the pizza party coordinator for Brickworld. Looking forward to meeting you and teaching you about Chicago pizza as well. Why don't you give us some detail about what you like to build. Are you planning on bringing some MOCs on your long journey or just hanging out with friends? Either way I can guarantee Brickworld is a great time for anyone looking for fun!

Edited by DaleDVM

I am a castle builder and the pizza party coordinator for Brickworld. Looking forward to meeting you and teaching you about Chicago pizza as well.

Careful!

It's a trap!

Dale weasels his way into your heart with the best pizza ever. He's effectively ruined an entire food genre for me. DON'T DO IT! (or do it, and be forced back to go every year for Chicago Pizza)

:wub:

seriously, the pizza is amazing, and you're going to have a blast! I'll be there, I believe I Scream Clone may be coming from down under as well this year.

Careful!

seriously, the pizza is amazing, and you're going to have a blast! I'll be there, I believe I Scream Clone may be coming from down under as well this year.

The Pizza is ok I guess, you wont let up about me coming again.....

Hi Kane, I have been twice, 2010 and 2012 and had a great time each time! Lots of great builds to see and people to meet. Lots of things to do at the local attractions like Baseball, or just heading down to a LEGO retail shop.

If I may ask, which pizza place was purchased? I went to Chicago for a completely different reason and we got Lou Malnati's pizza. I've never been to BW, but I hope to go soon!

Have fun if you make it out there.

I am local to Brickworld/Chicago as well. Not as long of a veteran as Dale. Is there anyone from Europe planning to attend this year? I could use someone to swap LEGO with so I can get the 4th Star wars planet series

Guys,

Brickworld is coming to Indianapolis, IN. USA in March 8 & 9, 2014; 10 to 6:00pm. Saturday, 10 to 5:00pm. Sunday. Located at the State Fairgrounds, come visit and enjoy the child in each of us! :grin: ( and all those displays )

Edited by ritztoys

My wife and I will be there once again. Our town layout has recovered from last years flood. Looking forward to having the time off and enjoying all the fun this year! Hoping to bring some unique items to the auction as well.

Hey Kane! My name is Daniel (or Dan--whichever you prefer), and job permitting, I hope to be there as well this year. I should have some Technic stuff to display, and maybe a little something for my LUG's display.

I'm thinking about going. I went for the first time last year (usually I'm a BrickFair VA guy), and had a great time, but was surprised by how many things were supposedly planned on Eurobricks (and not on the official schedule). Looking here this year, I don't really see anything about Eurobricks-related activities at BrickWorld - what gives?

If I do go, I'd like to join in on any group layout/pizza parties/drafts/Discovery Center runs/etc going on (and hey, maybe exciting things going on could talk me into going)

Hey Danny, welcome to Eurobricks (as I see this was your first pos)!

I think the only real Eurobricks event was the collaborative build run by Hinckley last year. I guess if you count the Saturday night pizza party, then 2 events.

Were you a registered attendee? I ask because, as I'm sure you know from BFV, the attendees are there pretty much the entire weekend and spend most all their time at the event doing different things and meeting/socializing with other attendees. If you only attended on public days then you would have only seen the collaborative layout.

I do not know if there was an official EB parts draft last year, but there was our infamous pizza party (shout out to CopMike and DaleDVM as we were the original three!!!). There are enough local people with vehicles that there are constantly runs over to the Woodfield LEGO store (I choose not to go to the other guys).

If you are interested in possibly joining the collaborative build, let me know as soon as you can and we can get you involved, as the last day to register for the event as an attendee is Monday the 12th.

What else would you be looking for at the event? We try to do a few things, but many attendees are part of multiple groups/clubs/LUGs and we try not to take over as it is Brickworld, not Eurobricks' event.

If you are interested in possibly joining the collaborative build, let me know as soon as you can and we can get you involved, as the last day to register for the event as an attendee is Monday the 12th.

What else would you be looking for at the event? We try to do a few things, but many attendees are part of multiple groups/clubs/LUGs and we try not to take over as it is Brickworld, not Eurobricks' event.

I'll be attending Brickworld for my first time this year; and I too was interested to see if Eurobricks would have a presence. So far I've only seen the Pirates layout-shoutout though.

Hey Danny, welcome to Eurobricks (as I see this was your first pos)!

I have been around a while but mostly been lurking - I hadn't realized that that would be my first post.

I think the only real Eurobricks event was the collaborative build run by Hinckley last year. I guess if you count the Saturday night pizza party, then 2 events.

Were you a registered attendee? I ask because, as I'm sure you know from BFV, the attendees are there pretty much the entire weekend and spend most all their time at the event doing different things and meeting/socializing with other attendees. If you only attended on public days then you would have only seen the collaborative layout.

I do not know if there was an official EB parts draft last year, but there was our infamous pizza party (shout out to CopMike and DaleDVM as we were the original three!!!). There are enough local people with vehicles that there are constantly runs over to the Woodfield LEGO store (I choose not to go to the other guys).

I was a registered attendee last year (please tell me no one is crazy enough to fly in and then only show up on the public days), but felt like I was really missing out because I'd hear about events too late (or with the pizza party, that it was only open to Eurobricks members). Other attendees told me that most of those events were planned on Eurobricks. By "Discovery Center run", I meant trips outside of the "adult night" window where AFOLs are allowed to join a group that also includes kids.

I did register and I'd like to participate in the collaborative build. I've registered a MOC for it with the intention of building it at the appropriate size behind now and the event. I still don't get why the collaborative build wasn't mentioned in the BrickWorld forum here, though.

What else would you be looking for at the event?

I like drafts - my understanding is they're adding those to the official schedule this year. I see the Discovery Center has an adult night scheduled for the Saturday of the event (although I'd like to get in on Monday as well if I can). I think everything else is already accounted for in this thread or on the official schedule.

We try to do a few things, but many attendees are part of multiple groups/clubs/LUGs and we try not to take over as it is Brickworld, not Eurobricks' event.

It's a little late for that - last year, it definitely felt like Eurobricks was running things.

Well, glad you mentioned something here and posted! Thank you. At least now you'll have a bit more advanced notice as to the hapennings of what's all going on for this year.

As for the collab build...we have had some 'interesting' additions in the past, and a few bail outs just before zero hour, so we don't really open it up as an "all ages, every one is invited" type of thing. That being said, I'll be sure to add you to the group tonight. I plan to steal the collab back from Hinckley for next year and have a few ideas already going through my head. We'll keep everyone posted though, don't worry.

If you're in town for the Wednesday night mixer, make sure you are there! Too many times, we always end up missing people who said they were there, registered, and we never meet them. Otherwise, be sure to find Dale (or myself) on Saturday at some point.

ALMOST HERE!!!

I was a registered attendee last year (please tell me no one is crazy enough to fly in and then only show up on the public days), but felt like I was really missing out because I'd hear about events too late (or with the pizza party, that it was only open to Eurobricks members). Other attendees told me that most of those events were planned on Eurobricks. By "Discovery Center run", I meant trips outside of the "adult night" window where AFOLs are allowed to join a group that also includes kids.

Who me, crazy? I am not crazy. Don't you listen to what the others are saying. :innocent:

This will be my 5th Brickworld which I will be attending.

Who me, crazy? I am not crazy. Don't you listen to what the others are saying. :innocent:

I thought you were there before the public days - did you get there late? I know I saw you there really late on Sunday night and again at the brunch group Monday morning (we might both be crazy for going on that little sleep).

As for the collab build...we have had some 'interesting' additions in the past, and a few bail outs just before zero hour, so we don't really open it up as an "all ages, every one is invited" type of thing. That being said, I'll be sure to add you to the group tonight. I plan to steal the collab back from Hinckley for next year and have a few ideas already going through my head. We'll keep everyone posted though, don't worry.

I've figured out where the Collaborations forum is (classic n00b mistake) - I guess that's where the actual BrickWorld collab discussion has been happening. I'm bailing on the Pirates build but (time permitting) trying to put together a creature for monochrome.

Shhhhh. Trying to keep things a surprise...anyone can read these posts!

Be sure to check the dates, older threads stay in there.

I see now. I wasn't clear on the secrecy involved. How do I get back "on the list' now that I don't have permission to view that forum anymore? I'd like to read the wrap-up commentary about the layout...