If there's a thread like this already around, then I apologize in advance for that.

Anyways, just to point out beforehand, I should point out that I use an Areo theme for Windows 7, which is the operating system I use. Whenever I open up Lego Digital Designer, the theme changes from Areo to just the basic Windows 7 theme. I've tried different methods on how to stop the program from changing the theme, but I haven't found a solution yet. It isn't a big issue personally, although it does get slightly irritating after a while. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I am also on Win7 with Aero on, but I do not experience this issue. Is it possible that it is display driver related and LDD has no possibility to control that?

Have run Windows 7 for some years, still ran Windows 7 on my old laptop before it blew last week, and Windows 8.1 right now on my too-big-for-laptop desktop, and I've never experienced issue with Aero theme and LDD.

It does sound like video driver is glitching somewhere or LDD is running in odd mode. Try resetting LDD to default.

I just had something similar happen to me. LDD was open, I was working on a file, and Windows' theme reset to the default out of nowhere. I haven't seen it happen before and it was fine once I changed everything back, but it's definitely not just something on your end that's screwed up.

If an application which hasn't been manifested as Windows 7 compatible crashes the video driver, which LDD might do if you open really big models, Windows will assume it's a compatibility bug and from then on will forcibly switch the theme to Aero Basic whilst it's running to prevent future crashes. I'm not sure you can easily undo this, I seem to recall the switch gets buried in the registry somewhere but I don't have the details to hand right now.

With certain DPI modes windows will use a new set of icons and may also change the theme.

so something might be lowering the DPI because of an graphical incompatibility.

The DPI can be changed via a setting in the registry which is what some program might be doing.

It might just be changing the theme to classic without touching the DPI but I'm not sure.

Edited by SNIPE