Sign in to follow this  
Dukii

Help with sorting CCBS and Bionicle

I over 100lbs of bionicle and technic from bulk purchases and clearance sales on various stores. Ive been having trouble organizing every single part and its been dreadful. I'd like to know how you guys organize your pieces like the technic beams and all the tiny pieces with different angles and bionicle parts.. Any recommendations to speed up the process? thanks!

Sort into generals first, like "all Technic beams," "bionicle head pieces," "axles," "pins." Once you've got a general sorting done, a specific sort is much easier.

Heck, split them into "Technic" and "Bionicle" first if you want! :)

Edited by Junior Shark

thanks that probably a good idea.. because the beams are driving me nuts. ;-; I have way too many and everything is piled up now... Hard to do anything with a full time job.

I am planning on selling all of my old bionicle stuff and keeping my CCBS, but I don't know how to sort them all out as I have a LOT. Yes, It would be easier to just pour it all into a pile but that would take too long and would make a huge mess. All of my parts are in big bins. So, anyone have an idea as of how to take out my old bionicle things without making a mess?

Merging similar threads.

I started organizing based on size- large and obvious parts get organized first, then gradually work your way down until you are just sorting technic pins and whatnot. Grabbing larger pieces out also makes it easier to avoid having to dump everything out on a desk.

Ive been spending weeks trying to sort out all my lego bionicle/ccbs and technic. Its driving me insane. I don't know if i need huge steralite drawers but my living room is a huge mess. I dont know how you guys sort you pieces but I think im being too anal with the parts...

My sorting system goes as follows:

• Technic (axles, pins, other parts)
  • Misc. Constraction Bits (Skull Spider legs, Lightsaber blades, etc.)
  • Transparent Parts (by color)
  • CCBS Bones
  • CCBS Shells
  • Misc. Constraction Weapons/Armor (mostly Hero Factory)
  • CCBS Torsos
  • Technic Beams
  • Black CCBS Shells
  • Silver/Gunmetal CCBS Shells

Than I mostly have older Bionicle parts sorted by color (minus heads/masks and projectiles/launchers) and my System parts in one 20 gallon tub.

My advice for sorting is to go one subdivision at a time. Start by splitting your stuff into 'Technic' and 'Constraction', followed by splitting the Technic stuff into types of parts then splitting the Constraction stuff up, pulling out one part at a time.