daoudbazaar

LEGO Friends on shelves

gallery_2351_18_164.gifgallery_15845_212_1480.png

Guess who I met last Sunday at my local shop ?

lego_stephanie_2_hello.jpg

Her names is Stephanie. She's a little taller than regular minifig.

Same picture, bigger

Sets on shelves looked too attractive to say No. My daughter picked one of the smallest, #3930.

lego_friends_3930_3.jpg

No stickers ! What a good news ...

The sunshade piece and the 1 x 1 milk brick are printed.

Nice colors too.

Here it is in real world :

lego_friends_3930.jpg

It seems there are new pets (birds, dogs, etc.)

No doubt we'll soon buy another one (The big house was around EUR 75).

lego_friends.jpg

Very cute! Could you show us how her hair is on a regular minifig?

Is it what you mean ?

friends_and_minifig.jpg

Her hair fits perfectly on a regular minifig. Bit not for heads as friends'head have a thinner neck.

A closer view on the fig.

friends_in_pieces.jpg

Hard plastic right? Hard plastic? Please hard plastic?

Bad news : soft plastic, same that make octopus legs (Atlantis line)

As you may see, it's not as shiny as "regular" hair pieces.

EDIT: Can you show us how that hairpiece looks on a female head? I'm so curious :P Sorry if I'm asking too much! :S

No discrimination please ! Blond hair are not exclusively dedicated to women ... My peasant match more with our times like that.

Actually, I'm off today. I won't be able to show it before to morrow.

Edited by Pandora
Indexed

Could you show us how her hair is on a regular minifig?

That's exactly what I want to know as well. :laugh:

It really makes or breaks the theme for me, even though I do plan to get at least some of the sets for their parts nevertheless.

EDIT: Wohoo!!!

LEGO-Friends-Minifigs-Comparison-2.jpg

Oh, I am looking forward to this theme (ok, the hedgehog sells the friends theme for me).

I really like that the milk is printed on in this set and the colours that will be coming out.

Thanks for the review.

Wow, they're out already? What country is this in?

I agree, could you show us how Stephanie's hair looks on a regular 'fig? Emma's hair looks great, but the hairpiece I'm most excited about in this line is Stephanie's. :sweet:

I picked up Emma. Here are my flickr photos of her with CMF, you can see that hair and headgear are easily interchangeable with regular figs:

1st batch 784

Oh, seeing that the hair is interchangeable makes me want them even more. (I especially love Emma's hair in Streeker's photo)

I want these simply for the really fun color palettes! The figs are a bit odd, but obviously aimed in a different direction than a standard minifig. Still cool sets that I'm sure the fiance can get behind!

These look so great! I know they are pointed towards girls but, come on, the pieces are just awesome! There are so many new pieces, colors, and molds. I noticed a few new animals and bugs also. I love how the hair can interchange. Hopefully they come out soon! :thumbup::blush:

This is really cool! Now you can make a Lady GaGa minifig with this hairpiece 8-) It's so nice to see a huge variety of hairstyles for the girls, they all look great (and the add an accessory feature is also really nice) I really like Emma's hair but it looks really opaque :/ just like Stephanie's hair. I hope not all of them come this way.

Thanks for the review!

EDIT: Can you show us how that hairpiece looks on a female head? I'm so curious :P Sorry if I'm asking too much! :S

Edited by Otherworld

Her hair fits perfectly on a regular minifig. Bit not for heads as friends'head have a thinner neck.

Oh, goodie! :sweet: It's a bit bulky in the back, but a nice hairpiece overall!

Hard plastic right? Hard plastic? Please hard plastic?

^ ok annoying but dangit people, ask the relevant questions :tongue:

Personally, I'm not too averse to slightly softer plastic, but I would definitely prefer hard plastic any day. It looks like softer plastic to me, but then again, the Alien Conquest heads looked a bit that way at first as well.

Hmm, the figure is still a little scary. Nice to know that the hair is interchangeable, though I would have preferred hard plastic.

At least it looks better than Belville ! :laugh:

Thanks for the mini review ' daoudbazaar ', that picture of hair swap is a little creepy too ! :laugh:

We need to see what the other sets look like. :wink:

CAKES! :D

Lovely little set indeed. Not a fan of the figures, but since the hairpieces fit regular minifigs, there's a good reason for picking them up! I'll certainly buy a few (when my funds are back after my Superheroes raid...) for the parts and the hair. The figures will go into the minifig box.

Edited by Miss Kyle

I know they're aimed for girls but I sure would have loved to see these use traditional minifigs.

I liked the paradisa theme.

Nice little set! And thanks for the mini-review!

I agree to everyone who said swapping hair pieces with regular minifigs makes this theme. It does!

However, I'm intrigued to know, whether a 1x1 round plate between head and hair piece would remedy the "mullety" look on a regular fig, although I'd suspect for that combination to look a bit weird. :wacko:

Anyway, can't say no to all those nice parts coming in the "Friends" theme.

I wish the best of luck to TLC that this theme hits with the target audience ^^

Be well all!

Cutty

Ooh, nice to see these are coming out already! I thought they weren't supposed to be out until around April of next year. Thanks for the review; it provides some information we didn't know already (well, that I didn't know already, anyway), like the fact the figures are assembled from four separate elements (torso, head, hips/legs, hair/headpiece), just like regular minifigures. It's also great to know the decorated elements are printed, at least in this set.

Hmm... I see the Friends head and standard minifigure head aren't quite interchangeable because the Friends use a narrower neck post, but...

friends_and_minifig.jpg

A closer view on the fig.

friends_in_pieces.jpg

Looking at those pictures, it seems as though the neck post on a Friends figure is actually the same diameter as a standard bar / rod (broom handle, lightsaber blade, antenna, etc.). Is this true? If this is the case, it should be possible to put a regular minifigure head on a Friends body by using a 1x1 round plate with hollow stud (the kind that debuted in LEGO Games) as an adapter of sorts.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Looking at those pictures, it seems as though the neck post on a Friends figure is actually the same diameter as a standard bar / rod (broom handle, lightsaber blade, antenna, etc.). Is this true? If this is the case, it should be possible to put a regular minifigure head on a Friends body by using a 1x1 round plate with hollow stud (the kind that debuted in LEGO Games) as an adapter of sorts.

Or a Technic 1/2 pin inverted..

Jeff VW